Clan size reduction from 30 (now) to 10 (on release). Let's discuss?

I’ve got no problem with it. I’d suggest just splitting your clan into ‘sub-clans’ with their own fortresses. For instance, you have your desert clan, your northern clan, your jungle clan, etc.

When a person wants to change their main base location, they would just leave the one clan and hop into the other one.

6 Likes

Yeah, we’re currently discussing. It’s mainly a logistical issue to deal with over the weekend :slight_smile:

2 Likes

… of course we do but we do not understand the reasons for this change. Why does Funcom punish us?

This is going to be a huge problem for me and my buddies. We are coming from Ark Where clan sizes are huge for one and servers are 70 people. I have atleast 40 active members coming over to Conan with me and this announcement has made all of us hesitate! We wanted a game that wasn’t garbage that we could all play on but this is very well going to hinder that ability here. Also 40 players for a map of this size?! Thats crazy ark’s maps are way smaller and they have 70 the likely hood of running into anyone is small with just 40 or 70 on a map that large without large groups working together. Meaning not only we will have to go out looking for combat, We won’t be able to do it the way we wanted! This is just ridiculousness.

1 Like

I should mention that if this goes through anyway we will still tribe up and build together but we will likely be much more aggressive than we would have been seeing as we won’t be able to tell when someone is attacking one of the other groups.

1 Like

Of course. I’d suggest specializing your different clans, such as having one be the ‘Goldsmiths’ and others be the ‘Feathermongers’. Keep a mind to the trade routes between your bases. With a plan like that, you’re already most of the way towards server dominance.

3 Likes

Thats the funny thing we don’t even want server dominance. We just wanna game together. We did the whole Alpha thing before but it isn’t worth the irritation. We just wanna come over here and have fun xD. But yeah that is pretty much what will happen if this change goes through. We will still all be there meaning you attack one were going to be like a hornets nest but if we can’t tell if someone is attacking and we see someone near one of the bases we aren’t going to have much choice but to run you off or kill you. Didn’t really want to have to be hyper aggressive.

with a server max of 40 should be dropped to 4-5 really but hey

3 Likes

Hm.
When I looked at max number of purges per day and then checked the number of unique players for some single day on testlive… Well I saw 178 or 179 having been online on a single day.

Then again, about 60 of them have been on this server for the first time - those wont have been there in a clan, they most likely went there alone. Which then leaves 118/119 for clans.
If I assume another third being solo players, hiding very good, that reduces to roughly 80 players. That would be 8 full clans, and might be good for life on that server.
I cannot imagine having alpha clans not hurting servers. Instead they allow for clans to communicate with each other via global, which could end up in some clans allying with others to supress a certain else clan, which might ally up with yet another clan.

At least on pve servers, global chat is rather dead. And if people are writing, its always the same people. And on pvp servers, its the same but more about barking at each other…

I think 10 members are fine for a clan.
Might be risen to 20 if they manage to make servers allow up to 70 people or even more. (Dreaming over here.)

3 Likes

any arguments please?

OK i understand, maybe they can dedicate some servers whit dif nr limits on clans!

But in general i think its beater whith many small clans. But yes a server whit bigclan vs bigclan works to. big clan vo small clan dont work.

do you play CE?

1 Like

CE? whats that?

Whats the online limits ther?
I understand that you like big clan systems, but not the cupp of tea for everyone. Thats whay i suport some servers for big clans to bach etchoter and server only for max 5 player clans. after all its will plenty off server out ther so whay not make server types that is suteble for diferent playstyles?

1 Like

Conan Exiles, and I understand the question, because in addition to your obvious and respectable communication problems, the few things we can understand from you don’t make much sense, and making us think you don’t even play the game :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

“us”? He’s totally clear and understandable, speak for yourself plz.

1 Like

sure ‘us’, cause you do know nothing about this game

8-10 in a clan is perfect.

Yes im hear on this forum and arguing when im not plaing the game? What du you think? Ofcourse i play it, you dont get irony do you?

180 players on a testlive-server on one particular day, of which possibly 60 only dipped in for some short duration on that server.
That would make 120 players instead.
Of those, one third will probably be lone wolves.
80 are being left then.

(80 from originally 180.)

Lets say those got into “full” clans instead of having different clan sizes → thats 8 full clans, and thats it!
That is already low competition.
Now imagine those 20 member clans with those 80 players in a clan - making that 4 clans.

Of course in eighter case, there will be a bunch smaller clans, possibly lowering the number of big clans down to 2-3 per server - or 1-2 in case of 20 member clans.
I dont call that competition.

I do think 10 member clans enrich the fun pvp will be.
And as for pve, people will always join each other without joining the same clan.
On the other side with 20 member clans, we will have those alphaclans and a bunch of smaller ones.
Those alphaclans will always be on top… well. Until they get bored.

I simply cannot imagine a 5 member clan killing a 20 member clan.
It’s sheer numbers.
BTRR has been going on because they have been 2 guys vs 5 guys. Yes, he stated as well, that those 5 must have been poor regarding their skill, but that is still only 2 guys each having to kill 2 and 3 guys.
With 20 members in a clan, if all of them are online, they will just roll over those 5 guys.
Even more if half of the clan is said to keep 75% of enemy force busy, with the other half focusing on that other 25%.

I can kind of understand the need for 20 member clans on mayhem servers, as there raiding is possible all around the clock.
But normal pvp servers? They only got that short raiding times and one should pick one which times are good for one. There, 20 members being online at the same time, “defending” against the other half, which will consist of lone wolves and small to medium sized clans isnt worth calling that “defending”.

Global chat is not only for barking at each other. It might be used to call upon people to help with raids on eighter side.

1 Like