Climbing, it's not working right

Game mode: Online official
Type of issue: Bug
Server type: PvP
Region: US
Hardware: PS4 Pro

Bug Description:

Almost every time I climb up a block foundation, the character jumps backward near the top. I have to hold X down to climb. Sometimes that doesn’t work.

I think this is after the 2.7 patch.

Steps to Reproduce:

1. setup block foundations so you have to climb up on top
  2. climb it
  3. notice when you get to the top the character jumps off
  4. notice it works better if you hold :negative_squared_cross_mark:
6 Likes

Noticed this too. As well as the sliding down after catching the fall had ended up killing me by making me slide faster then I was originally falling among other little glitches and annoyances regarding climbing after the last few patches

1 Like

Hi @Dzonatas and thank you for bringing this to our attention.

We will pass this over to the rest of the team for further investigation.
In the meantime, can you please provide us with a video of what you are seeing?

1 Like

Here is a 10 sec video of the bug: player climbs but it jumps off at top

I can’t reproduce it on walls… just foundations.

4 Likes

Thank you so much @Dzonatas
We will pass this video over to the rest of the team.

While waiting for a proper fix, I’d like to offer a possible workaround - I don’t know for certain that it works on console (mostly because I’m not sure how controllers handle changing camera angle), but it works on pc to the extent that I’d forgotten the issue exists -
if you are able to - as you reach the top of whatever you are climbing (so just before he starts to jump) - move the camera view to a position where it is looking down a bit towards the character - this should cause him to jump more forward, and therefore onto the surface. (I do this pretty automatically now when I climb - I start with the camera a bit below as I climb, so I can see when I’m approaching the top - then I roll the mouse forward slowly (which adjusts the camera angle on PC - maybe one of the sticks on the controller?)so the camera gets about level with the character as his chest gets level with the top, and then continue to rotate the camera to be (roughly) 45 degrees above and behind as I go over the top).

As I say, I can’t be sure how it works on consoles/controllers, but hopefully there’s something there that can help while waiting for a proper fix.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.