Co op idle time

Hello, I’m having issues with Xbox one co op play. My friends get disconnected after being idle for 30 seconds. I can not find any settings to change the idle time.

1 Like

Hmmm, I do not have an official answer for you but have a little input. Firstly, I am on ps4 but I assume the mechanics will be the same. Secondly, my friends and I seem to be able to idle for well over 10 minutes.

Does this problem occur every time you use coop? Going to pull a classic response, but I have found that relaunching coop fixes most of my problems!

Either way, 30 seconds is very short. Ill see what I can dig up for you!

Yes this happens Every time. I can be idle and not get booted but they cant even go pee without getting booted.

If I relaunch co op we have to start all over?

No, I mean leave your game and restart the application.

So there is no 'Idle Timer" setting or anything related to being kicked for AFK. I believe your problem may be from your game trying to ‘keep up’. When you enable COOP your system is basically hosting and for the most part loading your friends game. An error might occur when they stop movement and the game no longer ‘sees them’ and stops loading and pushes them to be kicked.

What I recommend right now would be to re-install the game on your system and have all your friends do the same. I am not sure how this might effect your saved data and you could loose your world. Now if you are worried about that, just remember what you had (write it down) and you can enable Admin on your fresh download and spawn items/base in so you start with what you lost.

My response could be horribly wrong as I do not know the programming under the game. It is a place to start though and I have a background in computer science so hopefully I am at least remotely close!

My last Solution: Maybe avoid twinkle town for a bit? :sweat_smile:

Thanks for the info

I am on ps4 but I assume the mechanics will be the same. Secondly, my friends and I seem to be able to idle for well over 10 minutes. MyPrepaidBalance

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.