Combat....seriously wtf happened?

Ah, I just went to main menu and back, and he was right there standing on the pier nearby. Hauled my T4’s back to my camp to call it a night. I have 3 RHTS, an Overseer, the Lone Fisherman, as well as another Armorer.

Been doing a little math. While Szeth’s is a good truncheon for thralls, no doubt, I’m thinking Steel isn’t so bad for the player.

Steel has a base of 35/40 and 437 durability.
But the Taskmaster(Driver) adds a 22% increase, that should be 42.7/48.8.
Another +12 for the Blunt Fitting to become 54.7 and 60.8.
+100% for Thuggery sets it to 109.4 and 121.6.
The durability increase takes it first to 570.285, and then the fitting should drop it to 427.71735.

That’s only 10 points less durability, which isn’t really that bad at all.
Plus it is repaired via steel and leather only. Which are relatively easy to obtain.

Szeth’s on the other hand, is 45/50.
The +12 brings it to 57/62, which are just a bit more than 2 points higher than the Steel one.
And Thuggery puts it to 114/124, which are only about 4 and 3 points higher than Steel.
Durability ends up at 562.5, which is meaningless for a Thrall.
For the player, however, it requires Hardened Steel, Alchemical Base, and Oil. Which the hardened steel part can be a pain to come by when you run out and you’re busy in the south, since it means traveling up into the far north to get more Black Ice.

1 Like

You couldn’t see the importance of a fast level thrall that can get 20k hp on pvp servers?

lol.

1 Like

Sorry, I love this game, BUT the combat is trash. Not in philosophy or design but in competency. Enemies frequently miss me when they are right in my face and I them. They also hit me from waaaay to far back sometimes as well. Or when I am completely to the side and they attacked at a right angle to me. The hit detection or whatever causes the bug makes the game completely unplayable for me as a dodge, dodge, attack game. My philosophy as a result is just out damage and out tank whatever it is with my thrall. For example the Champion? Never, ever, NEVER would I try to solo fight her simply because the games combat mechanics are too broken to even stand a chance. It’s almost like the servers lag and then hit you with a bunch of stuff at once kind of like in the old school days of Diablo 2 when there would be a pause and then clank clank clank you’re dead. I’m on fiber optic and play on my own private server hosted by gportal. There is no way I would spend a bunch of time getting good gear in this game only to lose it to one of the many mechanical bugs.

I’ve also noticed the stagger you’re talking about. It seems to work opposite on my toon, I can’t hardly stagger no matter what weapon/combo I use with that weapon and then enemies are stunning me in the middle of getting hit. It’s almost like my hit registers damage to their health pool but doesn’t slow or interrupt their attacks at all. They just attack right through my attack and end up stunning/interrupting me.

I know that @Marcospt is already quoted this one, but I would like to inform you fellow exile that you are completely wrong in this statement!!!
Actually, if you want to learn how to battle in this game you should try every single mob without a thrall.
The reaction of every mob or boss in this game is a total pleasure and the fight is outstanding!!!
What is really difficult is to do a dungeon solo, especially the wine cellar is very difficult but not impossible at all and the taste I get is great when I manage to achieve such things, since I am not a skilled player!!!
And please by all means, don’t think that I underestimate my self, I met skilled players so I know I am not one of them :man_shrugging:.
Every weapon exist for a reason!!
Every combo exists for a reason!
Every combination reacts different and give excellent outcome!
What I love the most however is that no matter what weapon you use, the one that gives you confidence in fight, is the best for you to use!!!
I have seen people use all the kind of weapons against anything and because they “master” it they are poets in war!
I beg you @Criosdaidh, do not “ground” the battle mechanism of the game because you haven’t master it yet, it’s not correct and please take no offense about it.
I suggest you to master a weapon and go out alone, you’ll love it :grin:.

2 Likes

@Marcospt
When you fight with mace and shield, you fight like a poet. This combination, I never use or ever think to use in this game. Look your videos, you may love the power that void forge Gladius is giving you, but with mace and shield your fights are extremely correct, almost flawless, you go in to fights with better concentration and the chances to loose are minimum. I feel this confidence with the war axe and torch :rofl::rofl::rofl:, sometimes I hold torch even in daylight :person_facepalming:t3:.
I have seen people fight with spears non stop literary everything, or 2h swords, or daggers, or whatever, but it was their main!!! This teached me that there is no better weapon, just the one you wield the best.
The master builder I had in La Legion, was using katanas like no other, I couldn’t believe what he could do with katanas.

1 Like

Thanks for the link - I beg you all please bump the post to make it visible for funcom <3

3 Likes

I’ve had that while using 1H Swords and the R2 lunge attack. Forever missing them if I’m not targeting them. Like you skate by to one side or the other.

Was going to go on an suggest today about adding / beams to allow building out some. -_- Then I see that it got nerfed to being decorations only.

Why do players always have to abuse stuff and ruin it for everyone? :3

1 Like

Because winning.

1 Like

It’s human nature. Unfortunately.

1 Like

FWIW, I remember the days before the diagonal beams were nerfed, and it wasn’t (entirely) players’ fault that time. Sure, there were those who abused it intentionally, but the beams made the stability algorithm buggy af. I wasn’t even trying to abuse it in my builds and I kept getting really weird stability numbers and having stability issues with any builds that incorporated the beams.

That was one of the examples of Funcom team writing code that could screw things up really badly, not testing it properly before letting it go live, and then scrapping the whole thing when it turned into a dumpster fire.

1 Like

It’s a shame. It would have been nice to get just one block farther out than I’m able on that base I’m designing. Feels like all it should have needed were those beams to be treated as 100% stable, and not require anything beneath them. But with connectors on just the two sides. So mount them on the side of a Foundation block and you can place one on top of them.

I know a lot of stuff got ruined in XIV because of player abuse. :frowning: Like housing.

1 Like

That would allow you to circumvent stability and extend your build indefinitely.

I am currently playing on a pve official server ps4 going into Sinners refuge I have to take a hit at times to see the name plate ok if you have good armor not good if you need to decide to kill or not because of what you are wearing.

No, not like that. What you show there is an exploit, an abuse of a bug. What @Yshtola proposed is a legitimate system that will allow you to expand your builds indefinitely without exploits.

This bug has been in the game for so long that it may be considered a feature at this point.

Maybe 2 more years and they will eventually fix it.

Remember fence foundation stacking? Pepperidge Farm remembers.

Among the many features that the 3.0 update brings is the ability to turn off stability in single-player, co-op, and on private servers. Do you really find it worth arguing that Funcom should add a system that allows you to circumvent the stability mechanics on the official servers?

Yes I do remember.

The only thing I ask is to remove the ability to make flying out-of-reach bases.

Or maybe they shouldn’t? Considering the official’s rules a sky base is a perfect example of a player or a clan who don’t block any content and simply keeps their base away from the reach of most players and don’t block any poi or resource.

Dia this video has a mistake on purpose?!!
The stability can be shared equally left and right, so only the middle pillars were more than enough to keep stability.
I really love the “reality” part on building in this game you can fix beautiful things and work the stability with great creativity.
For me using pillars for bridge stability it’s lazyness.
What I love to see in this game is arched foundations. You cannot imagine how many stone houses literally hundreds tons, are on arched foundations.

1 Like

It’s not my video but it’s one of the recent vids I have on my disposal. There’s a few rough edges in the video but it’s perfectly describes the issue aka “pro builder technique”

1 Like

Yeah, they should fix big bugs like that. No disagreement here.

Hey, I was wondering when someone was going to find a way to derail this discussion into yet another discussion about the TOS. I’m surprised it took more than 200 posts to get there :wink:

1 Like