Combine encumbrance and strength please

I don’t, That would take away one of my main sub weapons… in a stat that useless with no perks i need.

My dump stat is End as is, Which works for me. Making it Surv so I can get bonus to another weapon type from str/acc build just spilts stats more, and were/i’m back to downing yellow potion again to carry stuff.

I’m happy with my spilt, 4/5 4/5 str/acc and several points spread to others for perks I need. By lv40-50, I’m happy. I can then throw stats into end to keep holding the loot. XD

But most people who do not Bow, will have a fudge tone of points leftover, who can dump 4/5 into surv then. So it wouldn’t really effect a melee user. It would just screw over melee/range users.

Dragon’s Dogma did something similar, the taller and heavier your character or ■■■■ was, the greater the weight they could carry, which was why I usually had a tall and bulky ■■■■, since I prefer average height and lean characters.

EDIT:
Okay, seriously, why is that word censored? It’s the name of a chess piece for crying out loud!

1 Like

■■■■ ■■■■ ■■■■ ■■■■. Lol, but yeah i think there are a lot of good things that can be learned from dragons dogma!

Edit: ■■■■ rook knight bishop king queen

No idea why it’s censored. I wrote it too somewhere and replaced it with something else, don’t remember what. :confused:

Edit:

I would make e.g. size matter by reflecting it into their personality and personality reflect to what they can perform. Big brute person is a bit dum, but humble and carries things with ease. Short little person is smart, but arrogant and can parkour around with ease.

Please no. Size and body shape has nothing to do with a person’s mental faculties or personality. I know dull-witted and clumsy short people, and big guys who are smart and good at everything.

As for the original post:
Strength and Encumbrance in this game represent different kinds of physical prowess. It takes a different kind of muscle power to lift and carry heavy stuff than it takes to hurt people. I can carry lots of stuff on my back because I’ve traveled a lot with heavy backpacks, but I punch like a little girl because I’ve never trained punching people. I think the current stats represent these two different kinds of strength pretty well. And for purely game balance reasons, both Strength and Encumbrance are very powerful stats, and combining them would turn them into one super-stat.

1 Like

You can evaluate NPC aggro with player’s Enchantment! Have 50 in Enchantment and go pet Red Mother’s belly.

I was talking about standard class stereotypes. A sorcerer gets to have most spells in a game while a warrior gets to have the best armour and so on. This reflects their personality too. Mental side was just one small word of an example reflecting one’s focus to a direction, nothing more. One’s effort in that direction and sacrifice they make with others to be an expert at one.

Even though the level of smarts wasn’t on the repertoire (fully left to the player themselves; no smart handicap given), the personality would be shown thorough our actions anyway (this is a game after all and actions in a game tell us for example how smart we are, to a point). However, what I meant by smarts to begin with is that it would simply be part of the character’s personality (a.k.a. how they feel toward other characters; rock-paper-scissors). You would still be able to do things, but from a roleplay perspective this adds more room for business and diplomacy to a degree.

I would like to play a simple fella sometimes and sometimes I like to play more brutish. Sometimes someone who is agile to a degree and sometimes a person who likes arcane knowledge, but neglects athletics. Maybe we could pick some negative traits at the character creation cross to make them handicapped in some ways, personality-wise.

I use the word personality as to reflect everything that can be sensed about the character’s behaviour patterns; since this is a video game. It makes it all a lot easier to assimilate.

Remember the 4th Stat would be changed to enhance your weapon. And notice i left vitality off my chart, as it should be its own as is. so harvesting Animals with a pole arm or javelin (which is more akin to hunters of large beasts) makes sense.

1 Like

I love that idea actually! Survival has so much potential, especially in a survival game! It really just needs reworked a bit and it would become as important as vitality. Putting a pole arm perk in there and maybe a weather perk and it would balance alot of the game! I use my last few perks just to be able to eat raw food, and it’s benefited me many times. Put in some more “survivy” perks into survival like jabbing a spear better or launching a jav better would force you to bust up your metagame and think about what you want more.

1 Like

And to all, dont get me wrong on this whole thing. I’ve dominated the game since official release, conquered official pvp servers, duked it out as a solo player and ruled an alpha clan. The game mechanics and set up allow you to metagame your way to the top in a few days if you’re smart.

Id like to see balance as my heart is an RPG player. I don’t play too much anymore and mostly admin my buddies server, putting neat “ruins” and “dungeons” around the map and telling stories in notes in game. It’s fun, but there are things I’d like to get fixed so the experience can be more rewarding for everyone.

Its like if you ever played D&D. Being the player is awesome. Then being DM you respect what the game is designed for. As an admin, id like to see this game meet its potential rather than be some pvp crash game like fortnight. The conan lore is awesome and the devs did an amazing job incorporating it into the game. Even without a true “story mode” the game has an amazing amount of depth!

With a few updates to the combat system (sprint and spring attacks) and some attribute balancing Conan Exiles could be a living Witcher 3 where the culture of the game is created by the player making EVERY server unique and deep.

6 Likes

Now this is a lovely idea without changing the acronym. I think survival could also use a perk that allows decreased ammo use through auto-ammo recovery (i.e. “Ammo Recovery” perk) or increased ammo production or increased ammo damage.

1 Like

Except your added a 3rd stat for weapons, and most builds are already thinned to 2 stats.

I would constantly downing yellow pots to get str or surv back up for melee weapons, or giving up acc. (rarely use them now)

The spread as is works for weapons, Surv at best needs some good perks, but shouldn’t be a weapon base stat.
Only reason i ever defend that stat was do to SAVAGES. XD They could drop it for all I care, and move 2 perks to 1/5 enc slot. For food munching, and Vit could get few more bonus.

Actually, it would only change the stat tied to your melee.

2H AND BOW --4 IN EACH STR AND ACC (BOW TO CRIPPLE AND THEN TANK?)

1H/ DAGGERS AND BOW–4 IN AGI AND ACC (BTW WOULD BE A GREAT BUILD, AS MOST BOWMAN LIKE TO HAVE DAGGERS AS A BACK UP)

AXE/MACE AND BOW–4 IN GRIT AND ACC (CLIMBING SNIPER???)

HAMMER AND BOW-- IN GRIT AND ACC (GAS AND EXPLOSIVE SUPPORT WITH SCOOP ABILITY)

JAV/SPEAR AND BOW – 4 IN SURV AND ACC–(HUNTER SUPREME)

1 Like

Why would you spilt them all over thou, people want a nerf to yellow potion already… havnt constantly down them to switch weapons wont be fun.

its fine as is.

Heres to the addition of run in and jump attacks mate. I know you and me have both been calling for this one for sometime now. And Im still hoping they will find their way in someday. Here was my original suggestion:

1. New Combat Attacks:
(Arguably the most boring or divisive one) Charged attack-I feel it would nice to be able to hold down the heavy attack button for 1-2 sec for a slightly delayed stronger attack. Downwards thrust-as the name suggests, a downwards strike on a grounded opponent. Jump attack-as simple as it sounds, and useful for attacking opponents above you or those trying climb escape. Run in attack-when at full sprint, a quick lunge or opener attack.

The games combat system is outstanding, and has already come a long way. Its entertaining and its practical. Now lets hit it out of the park.

3 Likes

The point would be to make each weapon valuable and unique, and choosing a fighting style would be implemented through what skills you chose to improve.

That being said, you can’t have a meta weapon anymore. This whole spear for pvp or nothing at all would have to change. Nerfing the weapons is a bad idea, it wont ever work. You have to address how each weapon is used in combat.

There are three keys to pvp combat:

1. Damage per second

2. Reach

3. Stamina cost.

Right now the spear and the bow are the only two weapons even capable of hitting a PC in PvP combat, and the spear is the only one that can dish enough DPS (damage per second) to be effective

The solution is to add range to each weapon. A spring attack would work wonderfully since it would be a sacrifice of stamina to achieve range.

If you fixed the combat system then the yellow lotus potion would only be used to change your preferred play style, rather than having to change builds for PvP, PvE, and construction.

As it is now with there only being one good build you might as well give enough points to max out all of the stats. Giving an unlimited amount of stat reworking ability is a band-aid on a broken system.

Edit: this whole thread is to kinda spark that thought, the “what’s the point of all the different stats if only 4 of them are ever used” idea.

4 Likes

I agree completely! And thanks! I really think that last little bit, a spring attack or sprint attack, that would be it! Then you could put the combat system down, walk away, and be completely satisfied with the product! Being able to charge and delay ypur attacos would also be wonderful for tactical combat just how the katana is!

1 Like

I love the survival/ spear idea. As a avid hiker/camper/survival guy it just makes total sense, and it give more reason to even look at that stat.

I also laugh out loud when im in the woods making cord from vines and briar hahaha! Thinking " Damn…i need more plant fiber…"

Equals a breakpoint. Your point is to balance the breakpoints of each chosen approach.

I’m on your side of the boat. :+1:t2:

2 Likes

Splitting stats thou doesnt break meta on spears… you just break everyone else builds. You need adjust stats on weapons, not change stat usage.

But it works… LONG as we don’t go all Full Bungie-Destiny on it, and break them so no one uses them. And you end up with BB-guns as Auto rifles, and hand cannon stay Top Tier for insane period of time tilll they finally break two of guns.

This is Issue every game. PVP always wants win over PVE players, Its rarely ever separate.
Part of issue is always nerf/buff is never enough to fully switch everyone, or it destroys what everyone was using. And no one get use them anymore.

Splitting stats doesnt fix much. Sure…it fixes 1 thing, But you take away abunch of people who aren’t having a issue with it.

We have a good point spread, It works. Lets not break it!
Spears are issue, Why? well lets adjust this first before breaking something that works. Spars can lose stagger, Sure… so people can run up right on them. But then PVE loses part of reason to keep distance. then you can make stam cost using them worse then what it is.

it’ll make it work for PVP, but break PVE users reason use it.

I enjoy switching weapons… its how I fight off boredom. Fact we only have 2 stats, means I can do so anytime. Spears need a adjustment for PVP yes… Or maybe more weapons need stagger resist so they can go thru.
Swords can get longer slide charge… but then, PVP would revolve around that.
Mauls will get better in upcoming patch, so maybe they’ll fill in spot.

As much as I hate Bungie ruining weapons and leaving some in dirt to die for years on end.
Maybe Funcom should just break them, See what everyone gears to. Its gonna repeat itself over and over. And changing stats isnt gonna fix it. People are gonna dump stats into what ever works. Anyone in PVE is basiclly forced play along with PVP stupid rule sets. =/