Come on FunCom - thralls that don't engage

Lots of topics in this topic, Let me see if I can address this all the way. Nothing I am going to post in this should be interpenetrated as the way it should remain. There are issues with weapon swapping and the AI that need to be addressed by Funcom. The information and videos are simply the way it currently works in game and a way to work around the issues that are currently present.

1. Swapping between 1 handed and 2 handed weapons is a recipe for disaster, It’s been acknowledge by Funcom and they are working on a solution from my understanding. When it will be fixed, who knows. It may be something the the unreal engine cannot handle. I don’t know. So there are a couple things you can do… First avoid the issue all together, Don’t swap 2 handed to 1 handed or vis-versa. They rarely bug when swapping from a 1 handed to a 1 handed or a 2 handed to a 2 handed. You can also dedicate a thrall to thrall hunt and let them only have a truncheon but that’s not really necessary just swap 1 handed to 1 handed.

If you find yourself in a situation where they are bugged you can use this video to get the unbugged.

1. Thralls prefer a weapon type… one handed or two handed. Myth Myth Myth.
    It was stated in a Funcom live-stream that there is only one AI meaning that all thralls share the same AI, if the preferred one weapon over the other they would have multiple AI’s that they had to code to each different thralls for different weapon types. Sorry everyone but what you are experiencing when making the conclusion that thralls prefer a certain weapon is just you perception of the situation at that time.

If that isn’t enough for you to believe that thralls don’t have a weapon preference as it wasn’t for many of my subscribers here is a video you can watch that will give you a first hand look at how the thralls use different weapon types. I’ll let you know up front the video is almost an hour long, I only included 1 filming session for each weapon in it though I ran the test multiple times with the same results prior to filming.

Thanks @Barnes for bringing me into the conversation, Hopefully this helps you all in your gaming experience with Conan Exiles.

Good Luck out there Exiles

6 Likes