COMMUNICATION pls

No nothing. I was playing last night at 10pm everything was fine. Went to bed and when I logged in today I was at character creation screen. Everyone else on my server in same situation. Hoping for a rollback soon :slight_smile:

@darthphysicist ^ this up here is simply unprofessional and i wanna see how you deny that.
justifying that with ‘there have been holidays mimimi’ is not a point here. Something like that NEEDS to be communicated because there is no better way to force away players.

@Scrooloose im praying for you :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

If you expect “professionalism” to adhere to your standards from every company, get ready for a life of disappointment. They said that they would have to wait for after the holidays for a variety of fixes. They “communicated” it. I dont know what else to say except it hasnt happened and all the indignation in the world wont change it.

It was stated they should be working over the holidays. Maybe some were and it just wanst on what was desired but thats life. So… mental health part aside, they werent able to make updates over the holidays for whatever reasons.

Did you read the post? Its not about any fixes. Its about a live server, which they rollbacked. This wasn’t an automatic thing that happend. Somebody had to do it, and when they did it, they should communicate about it.
I dont think G-portal where just like, ahh yeah the server isnt working anymore lets NOT inform Funcom about it(which are paying for the service) and just rollback the server. Sounds like a great idea right?

And please show me, where funcom communicated it with us and said anything.

And another point like explosive jars doing less damage? Nothing in patch notes, but since last patch you need 4 instead of 3 explosive jars for one t3 building door.

1 Like

Perhaps no one was at funcom to talk to and it was deemed priority to do anyway? Rather than assume, why not contact g-portal instead of posting a thread?

There are alot of companies adding up to my standards because i know that only people work there so they are not unreachable. Because careful i have worked in companies especially ‘selling companies’ myself. Your holiday and fixing point is invalid here. You cannot send of 40 worker for holidays for several weeks. Other companies which care about their service can manage to give everyone their needed holidays and keeping up the service at the same time. Never experienced a whole company shut down for 3 weeks in any of my companies ever (in europe). Still we all had some freetime around the end of the year just not everyone at the same time.

ROLLBACK AND WIPE IS NO FIXING. And if it counts as fixing for you - they started working so they can start informing people. Communicating a ‘fix after holidays’ does not count for every problem coming up now which has NOTHING to do with a fix, patch or whatever. Come on.

I just think before getting excited there is likely a completely reasonable explanation. Also for server issues, I’d be headed to g-portal before funcom. Thats just what i’d do. But what do I know, I only rent my server from them.

We called them once and wrote them and they said only server owner get information but what do I know :wink:

Then youve gotten the answer youre entitled to havent you! :wink:

Contact g-portal and see if they can help. It’s a third-party provider.

& @Perstyr dk if you guys are reading the whole thread or just guessing and throwing around random answers. Gportal won’t tell us anything about the reason for a rollback and a server that got completely wiped off. And its sincerity not the job of the players to run around and contact every other source to try to get an answer funcom should give in the first place.

1 Like

You are wrong. A lot of smaller companies shut down for two or three weeks every holiday time in summer and one or two weeks over Chrismas. So it is easier for them to organise their employees over the rest of time.

1 Like

Maybe I’m wrong but at least in the south of germany that never happened to me. That still doesn’t change the fact that holiday season is over, we saw them working again so they can also work professionally and let the people know what’s happening to the servers.

Since serverowner=getting information from gportal=letting all the server which experience problems know what’s wrong=transparency towards community=everyone happy because we at least know even if it’s something bad and they f*ed up.

Letting a whole wiped server off to wonder if they get their months of playing back is not fair for paying customers and if you would waste 100 of hours you would feel the same way.

lol @ working in holidays = mental health hazard

Yes. Character is back but roll back is from friday so all weekend progression is lost.

With regards to the forum topic, funcoms communication on the bugs forum has been good today and they contacted GPortal and sorted it out :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yeah, if they keep it up that way and maybe do it before many people are asking whats wrong it would be awesome :slight_smile:

Hey y’all,

Alright, first of all please remember to be kind and respectful to each other. Remember that we’re all in here because we love the game.
Regarding the server problems mentioned, we already addressed the situation the moment it was made known to us by G-Portal.
Regarding the console parity patch, we’ve already mentioned a few times the reasons for its delay. It’s being worked on and we hope to have more news about it in the upcoming days. Once we have any reliable ETA we’ll let you all know.

Happy new year everybody.

6 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.