Community managers please shed some light on heavy armors

Yeah I try not to listen to the ones that say it is because 40 agility… Those dont seem to understand you’re either sacrificing your favorite heavy set or your flat out killing your damage and health just to roll…

Plus my server is full of actual good pvp players

dragonbone throwing axes (or serpent man) stack 10 as well

2 Likes

The problem isn’t investing, it is the investment isn’t rewarded enough, ie. the reduction doesn’t make up for losing other perks on stats.

3 Likes

Others mentioned a few tricks for moving in heavy. I feel your pain.

I use throwing spear (1 hand, no shield) and a Katana and it gives me decent mobility in Heavy.

Light throwing spear attack can be cancelled and used 2-3 times a second by tapping a direction between attacks… a flurry of jabs that have very little animation and katana charge up helps you cover distances.

Generally speaking 3vs1 you should be dead anyway though.

1 Like

My thing is why does everyone act like 40 agility makes heavy armor great lol. I hope the devs actually do read these topics on the heavy armors

1 Like

Heavy armor does have one very obvious and useful purpose, put it on your thralls.

I’d say don’t wear it and use it for what it is apparently intended for. It also works well in PvE.

2 Likes

Heavy Armor should automatically debuff area of effect from Bosses. what i seen that wimpy skip does nothing to evade any blow even weak thralls attacking. Heavy Should be more resistant Period.

1 Like

Yeah right now im using a 40 agit build and letting the bosses hit me. So far not much of a difference between medium

Take a look at your Stats and you’ll see your Damage Reduction numbers. With Epic Mids, you get 67%, and with Epic Heavies you get 85%. All of this can be mitigated by other various factors. To me, my run-around is Epic Mid because the difference between 67 and 85 is slim, it’s much less than the stroke of a Falcata. My favorite duder wears heavy so that I can toggle it if necessary. Right now I’m in Enc and Survival Combo mode: wear enc armor and get Pack Mule, wear surv armor and get Hard Worker perk. Keep the alternate on your thrall in heavy and you can pretty much do anything.

1 Like

Yeah but im pvp mostly im always getting guys trying to take our alpha. Medium armor n light burned me out c.c lol

Good thing is all my heavy armors look so cool. I have turan,aquilonean, and pictish. Atm im in love with aquil one

I get that, but to use Heavy armor effectively, in my opinion, you need to tank in numbers of 3 or more. This info is almost two months old by now because my chosen server is chill, but it was the best way to make use of Heavy now that Archery is an actual, viable build.

I have a clan but sometimes its hard to handle a solo person whos actually good with the dodge poke playstyle. Again I dont have much options once im comboed without stamina

My own dodge drains alot of stamina and doesnt get me that far, but its only way to stop me from getting stunlocked by the faster weapons. There is weapon swinging also but stamina

The real bas thing is the pikes or hammers there reach always hits u when u do the heavy dodge

aquilonian medium is good

Archery is not a viable build at all because of the claws meta

It was good, but now that sobek exists, aquilonian medium only has use in the volcano, unnamed city, and savannah

1 Like

I know, I was trying to talk him out of heavy but with the same look lol

1 Like