[Communityproject] Dropresearch [Closed]

That’s some dedication…I had luck yesterday to end my unlucky streak…who knows maybe you will get agents drops like crazy this week^^

Got an agent after 8th SA mission.

[ANNOUNCEMENT]
As the mod automating the tracking is drawing close to release this thread will go into it’S final days. Until (including) saturday the 21.4 data still will be added but from than on it will run over a mod.

Modlink follows as soon as avaidable to me.

Thx to all that partook in it and all else that followed it.
Somewhen Sunday I see to it that all data collected will be released.

[CLOSED]

Ok…I just got the link for the mod: https://github.com/SecretFox/DropResearch

This mod should automatically track your data and send it to:
https://secretfox.pythonanywhere.com/

For the people scared that mixing our data here and the new mod data. Rest assure it has a seperate tab for all/only mod data^^

Spreadsheet data following…

1 Like

mod installed and post updated for this week result

1 Like

Here the result spreadsheet (aka the thing I looked at for now more than a month)

First bracket is where I feeded all you data in. It had a check sum but I dropped that once I saw that content ran and drops received alone works fine.

Below it on the left we have the results. Sadly we didn’t get many of none scenarios/missions so take these values with a grain of salt. Scenario should be in the right area and mission probably will climb upward a bit (on the level of 0,1-0,2% gutsfeeling).

To the right I had some maths that gave me a control value of how far the spread is on all your droprates. Over the course of the research it continously was dropping. Would it increase than I would have had a indicator for tempering of data.

Below these I calculate the dropchances seperate just to have a better view on who is how far of the average and who are the lucky/unlucky fellows.

This was also made so I could do the last bracket. Where I combined standard deviation, everyones mission droprate seperatly and the current droprate. Multiply that with a value of how much a person entered relativly and you get a checkvalue on how lucky/unlucky some are. The higher the value the rarer it should be to get your amount of drops (minus values your droprate is unlucky/plus you are a lucky son (daugther) of a bee)

data

1 Like

Mod installed … I choose not to update here for the last couple days (tell me if you want that data anyways)

1 Like

I would love it. I already entered what I had an hour or so ago (which you see in the screenshot/picture) but I still add the last few that come in today.

alright updating the old one then. Is there a good way to make sure the mod is working =P?

It should be working 100% as it was tested extensively beforehand.^^

Was more making sure that my game specificly recognized it =P

The mod doesn’t save playernames (it gives people a random number that than stick to someone) so even with admin access I don’t know if I can check that since I wouldn’t know which playerentry is yours D:
On the other hand that makes stuff way more anonymous for peeps.

Using /setoption DropResearch_Enabled chat command should print out Variable <DropResearch_Enabled> is <true> if mod was successfully installed.

If you want to see that it detects everything properly you can turn on the debugging mode with /setoption DropResearch_Debug true. It should print out stuff to System chat channel whenever something changes.

If you want to test that the uploading works you can use /option DropResearch_ShowData true to show all data collected by you(do this right after running dossier mission for example), then /option DropResearch_ForceSync true to force synchronization of the data, and then refresh the page to see if the values updated.
btw, You can copy the browser address to share your stats with others.
Mine are here for example https://secretfox.pythonanywhere.com/results?k=16836461

3 Likes

sweet thanks a lot =)

I’ve just installed the mod (after running my missions for the day). I updated my old post one last time with the missions from the past few days.

Nice job compiling it all Leogrim :slight_smile:

Great job on the mod.

It’s really cool to be able to automatically track my own & the community drop rates.

@Leogrim I install it and it’s very cool for archived our stats :slight_smile:

Just about to install the mod. After looking at the webpage it makes for interesting reading.

Just a suggestion is it possible to say on the website how many users have contributed data? Part of me is curious and it could make it useful for people wanting to do more in-depth maths.

Sure, for now i can tell that 23 characters (not accounts mind you) have contributed data, or at least used the mod. 12 of those characters have opened cache or done NYR.
For more specific number(e.g how many characters have opened Tribal caches) ill have to do some work, but there should be no technical problems preventing it.

I might also need another page for theories/conclusions, info, mod updates etc

1 Like