Conan being free on psn has ruined the game for laying customers

It’s all bad planning to me. If you are going to open a game to a huge crowd, be prepared to host that crowd. As some here I’m on pc, and did never play officials, but if the game would become free for pc I don’t think I would mind (beeing on private servers that is), it would be as usual: a flood at the beginning that would settle with time. I think a big part of the players that get the chance to try CE free will end up leaving, thus leaving in game the players that really enjoy the game and actually add to the community.

What I think is funny is how the forums are flooded with ps4 posts, be it bugs, questions or whatever. It hasn’t been so active in a long time… :smile::smile::smile::rofl:

2 Likes

So to get this straight you’re defending the use of cheats to push people off servers such as teleport killing invisible while killing us and then turning them off to do emotes while you watch

1 Like

What does that have to do with free players on the servers? Cheaters suck, i agree. But they have been around since day 1. And the paying players cheat about as much, if not more (the free players are relatively new to the game, some can’t even craft epic armor correctly, much less realize how to do some of the cheats). Two subjects that do not link up. No room on server and Cheaters. Sounds like you are having a bad week all around. Hope it gets better.

it defends the indefensible here too

I hope this post’s. clears throat going on limited knowledge here, as I came in with the wave of free ps4 players, and I’m still learning a lot. I don’t see what the fuss is about. Can you not pay for a private server? Where you can customize who and what goes on in the server? If a server is open to the public, well… then you shouldn’t get attached to anything you build in that server. Trolls are everywhere. If you want something to last in a server and you don’t want your time and effort smashed by some rando, then play pve, or rent a private server. The free to play months boost this game more than most realize. It’s keeping this game alive. I know it has some things that need work, but I can tell the devs of this game really care about it.

4 Likes

I never buy games full price. I just wait a year or so then get them when they are on special (hardly ever gotten a good free game). So while waiting for a free game may be an extreme thing to do, there are always plenty of sales going on.

I won’t comment on the OP since I play on my own private server and I am PVE. I am also impressed that all servers are full, that is awesome, but it does suck for paying customers. Unfortunately its the price we pay to get a game last longer than a few years.

They will work something out if everyone doesn’t just leave in a month. Also before anyone starts arguing with too much spirit. Remember you may very well be arguing with a kid…lol

1 Like

More ppl the better I like a challenge ame was getting boring with someone dropping in every few days

I’m a paying customer have no problem with the overload it does suck to get into the server at times but I get in eventually and I like the fact that we have more ppl playing means more resources for me with less effort lol (ONLY THE BULLIES THOUGH)

1 Like

Does anyone else see a problem in this screen shot

i got the game free i enjoy it even rented my own server and bought the dlc for it but to be honest i can see why they had to give it away game is more of a beta then actual released product loaded with bugs don’t even have chat no console window on ps4 so admins can correctly run there servers i mean can’t even destroy abandon structures i can clearly see a lack of forsight on developers part they clearly have droped the ball don’t know were it went when hit the floor and are desperate to find it and keep the game going but failing

1 Like

Your saggy breasts or the dude sleeping in the wall? BTW the dude thats laying down in the wall is a glitch on your end. He isnt laying down and chances are no one around you sees it like that. Its common on PC’s that arnt running on quantum technology LOL and I expect its worse on console. Makes pvp interesting thats for sure. the fix is to relog. its a sync issues or so ive been told.

1 Like

Thats actually incredibly incorrect. I mean you are welcome to think the game is in a poor stage of development but Funcom didnt need to give it away. Conan Exiles single handed-ly prevented Funcom from going under because it sold so well. A lot of people play AoC but according to every game journalist THIS was Funcoms savior. It wouldnt have sold well if it wasnt good, and good enough to stick around for.

4 Likes

I think the main success of CE, is that its just such a fun game to play. There are a ton of bugs, and it does feel like a beta. But its a small dev team and the bugs are not game breaking for me (since I play PVE). Funcom are really working their ■■■■■ off to get this game better and better.

I am not trying to be rude to funcom, I really love this game. But when I first bought it when it went retail, I was shocked at all the bugs. It took me about a week to get the game to run properly. Server had serious issues several times, and I had to troubleshoot to get it working properly.

At this stage the game feels a lot more polished, and with the addition of mods I am totally addicted. A few annoying bugs left that if resolved would make this product feel more retail. One of those are the disappearing bodies. While I know several ways to address that, its still annoying. BUT its not a game breaker…just a little annoying. It in no way takes the fun out of the game.

EDIT: I make no comment regarding PVP as I don’t play PVP anymore. Havent for the last 5-10 years in any game. PVP has changed and I no longer like it. Its the same everywhere, griefers, exploiters, cheaters, toxic people etc…bleh. Each to their own :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

so your saying the admin panel bering broke no chat window no access to the console commands on ps4 all thralls disappearing when server settings are changed or on some server restarts to many bugs to list.

and lets not forget there master server is down today so the server i pay for won’t even show up in the server list until they get it fixed yet they won’t even post an update or even admit the problem i had to get this from g-portal

Conan PS4 Listing issues

Dear Customer, currently you might experience issues with getting your Conan PS4 listed ingame on the serverbrowser. This is due to some problems on Funcom’s end with their Masterserver. We are in touch with Funcom and we hope they can sort it out soon. We will keep you updated. Please do not open additional support requests regarding this issue since we can’t fix it, we also have to wait for Funcom to solve this.

ya game is in great shape for a beta

I think you started typing with a point but never completed your thought.
I quote “so your saying” then you ramble without ever saying what you say im saying.

Funcom is working their butts off and all you have to say is GIVE ME WHAT I DESERVE! Eh.

For the record we have ZERO issues on PS4 in my home. So yay me. The Admin panel works just fine. No flaws what so ever over here.

No, I didnt stutter with what I said in my previous post. You said “i can see why they had to give it away” I said THEY DIDNT HAVE TO GIVE ANYTHING AWAY. caps are for clarity wouldnt want to hurt any feelings by shouting

Brb, gotta go look a gift horse in the mouth.

The only and I mean ONLY people that should be upset are the die hard fans that paid for the game and then watched it handed down to ungrateful RUDE undeserving “gamers”. Thankfully most keep quiet about it because they LOVE Funcom and respect their efforts.

Don’t worry ps4 im talking about the people that come here steering up trouble because they arnt happy unless they are complaining. Not about you people that truly love Conan Exiles.

lol admin panel works fine thats why there are 5 posts on first page of the ps4 bug report alone with community support admiting there is a bug breaking the admin panel and its being looked at. lol go back and drink some more of the koolaid and enjoy your fantasy made up world

2 Likes

Oh so you are new to the internet and gaming in general. Ok no worries here is a news flash for you; bugs dont necessarily affect everyone :slight_smile: good day.

Thanks. I’m new, hooked and in love with this game.