Conan Exiles current state a total joke?

I belive you are spot on this time :smiley:

That however don’t resolve the issue for what they are planning, they simply brush the issue under the rug :smiley:

But as I’ve said before, I was considering renting one, now I’m more likely too go back too old SWG and stay there, that game never gets old after almost 20 years lol

Just follow my instructions:

1. Remove all the items from inside the work tables and place them in Chest.
  2. Reduce que Foundations as much as possible.

On this game both of this questions increment the LAG so hard so your base will have longer time to load and then you will have those issues more frequently.

When your foundations in the floor are just like they are not existing and then your character seems to be floating on top of them is just because your pc did not rendered them properly so you will need to disconnect from the server and reconnect into it again, most times it will be solved with just 1 rejoin but others you will need more times to solve the problem depending about how big is the base and how many foundations you have. As bigger is the base as frequent will be this problem.

Many mods have pre-built constructions to use as homes or working buildings to make the base more realistic. Anyway I recommend you to not build over 225 foundations in a complete base.

This problem is not caused by the game, is caused by the server that you are renting that is not as powerful as the game needs to work nice. Most servers have only 16/32GB ram to work as dedicated server while this game should use 128/256GB into a dedicated server to allow you to have many players playing together at the same time. If you press “Insert” and write “ToggleDebugHud” you will find how much FPS is returning your server, if those FPS are under 60 then the quality of that server is not so good, and this cause a conflict between the information that the server is providing to the players and the information that their computers can hold. Most servers have also a real poor GPU working on the computer, while they should use a rendering card they are playing a gaming card instead and that is very stupid.

The best way to make your own private server is to mount it with this specifications:

CPU: Intel Xeon E5-2448L or AMD Ryzen Pro 4750G
RAM: 128 / 256 GB DDR4 3200MHz or higher
GPU: Nvidia Quadro RTX 6000 or AMD Firepro W9100 or higher
SSD: 2TB WD SN850 M.2 NVMe PCIE (7000MB/s read and 5300MB/s write)

This would be the option to have a real gaming server with this game but GPortal is a joke since they only have that kind of servers for competitive use on games like CS:GO, Battlefield, or Minecraft, but on the regular games like Conan Exiles they use half ram and so less powerful servers.

2 Likes

Look, somebody actual gets it.
FC has to dumb down the game to match the crappy hardware they rent. Bottom line.

1 Like

@JJDancer we are not the only ones!!

1 Like

I asked Gportal the server specs for conan exiles, this was the answer:

CPU: Intel Xeon E3-1270 4C/8T 3.8GHz 8MB L4
GPU: not info given
RAM: not info given
SSD: not info given

I am still waiting for this 3 specs, but anyway that CPU is not very good for a server with an MMORPG working on it. They should use at least an Intel Xeon E5-2448L with 8C/16T and 20MB L4 cache. I hope that they at least are using more than 64GB of RAM and a 2TB NVMe SSD.

Servers actually run just fine on potatoes.

Hello FuRiA:

I get the CPU, RAM and SSD specs for a server. I am not sure what a GPU would matter on a gaming server since they never view the games itself on Gportal’s end. Unless I am mistaken about how these games work on servers.

1 Like

No, you are correct. A Conan game server does not have a graphical interface. It’s just a console app running in background mode. So a GPU is not needed.

2 Likes

Ah… the GPU is needed for physics simulation, too.

Yes you could potentially use parts of the GPU for auxillary calculations. But in the case of Conan, it is not used. See here:

2 Likes

Lol I once watched a twitch streamer expen_tv yell at his chat the servers being DDOS every time he went near a big clans base … I tried to explain that logic dictates big base equals frame drops …

He banned because I dared challenge the ddos excuse

Oh wow, okay, we are back to 2005+ tech for these servers.

The RAM amounts do not account for modded servers. Depending on the number and/or size of mods of course. I would say 16 gigs of RAM is probably best with lots of mods for small and medium servers. More for large and extra large.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.