Conan Exiles Dedicated Server Launcher (Official Version: 1.7.5 / Beta: 1.7.7)

My server doesn’t shows up in the in-game server list.

All green light proves that everything its okay

1 Like

I believe its a Multihome issue. I could be wrong but I thought I had read in these posts that it has issues. try doing a direct connect using the copy connection information button and use the IP it gives there. On first connect that’s how I had to find mine.

1 Like

Thanks, I’ll try it

One friend didn’t find it too

1 Like

np and good luck. hopefully the ip will work for ya.

1 Like

wiwwis there a way to get this to work on an xbox console?

1 Like

How can i host and play in the same pc? The server is working, my girlfriend can join but i can´t (the server is runing on my pc). In game she can´t find the server with the IP that the program gives me, only can join with my pc address, ours computers are on LAN. In the servers list i can´t see anything. Can you help me? Thanks

1 Like

Here is a new version of the tool:

Dedicated Server Launcher 1.0.13

Dedicated Server Launcher 1.0.13:

• Added an option in the Preferences Menu top enable the auto-start of the launcher when the session logs
  • Added a menu option with a direct link to the forum thread
  • The Backup structure has been changed with a subfolder for the day, containing multiple sub-folders, one for each restart (to make it easier to diagnose problems without polluting the main folder)
  • Added an option to optionally limit the number of backup folders to keep: This only applies to the day folder
  • Added the possibility to run some arbitrary script or executable before starting a server
  • Added the possibility to automatically restart the game server if it stops by itself (bug or crash or other event)

I will wait until some of you test it before putting it as a replacement to the current official version, so please report any problem you found, and in case of major issue, do not hesitate to revert back to the previous version.

One important thing: Don’t try to use paths with spaces. I tried to find a way to get UE4 to accept human readable file paths containing on the same line a directory, filename and a bunch of parameters, and all that happened is some additional graying out of my scalp, and some internal cursing.

Regarding the auto restart, you have the two options: The one to have the launcher starts with windows is hidden in the new “Preferences” menu, and yes, it’s “start on login”, which is not what we want, but well, I did that on my free time, so if you have a better suggestion than the registry key, please tell.

(Regarding why the registry key has some weird hex numbers behind, it’s to distinguish your 23 different launchers, so each one can be launched correctly at the right place)

I changed the backup structure to have hours inside days, it’s more readable.

The backup cleaning does check that what is cleaned is actually backups (I check if there’s a game.db in it), so you should be fine having other folders or files, if everything works they should be safe.

For the scripts, you can add parameters, they will be passed with the rest. I tried with BAT files, python scripts and normal executables (notepad.exe), it worked fine for me.

This feature is unfortunately broken in the game server.

If you scroll up a few message up, you’ll see that this used to work (using the -nosteam) option, but when I tried to enable that it did not help. Fixing that requires the game team to work on it, I will let the community discuss the priority of the topic over other existing issues :slight_smile:

But yes, that’s annoying.

1 Like

Hi everyone :slight_smile:

First of all, Thank you very much for this awesome tool ! Your work is greatly appréciated !

I’ll try the new version with the auto-start asap ^^

1. A quick question: is it normal for me to get a lot of occurence of the following line in the console when the tool try to update the mods ?

\src\common\contentmanifest.cpp (650) : Assertion Failed: !m_bIsFinalized

1. With this message I’m also looking for help to troubleshoot the issue I’m facing with my own conan server.

Last week-end, when I was at home I used this tool to setup a modded server on a dedicated computer.
When either my girlfriend or I try to connect to the server from our gaming computers on the same LAN it works like a charm.
In addition, ports forwarding (7777,7778,27015) on the router seems to be Ok (all ports are displayed green in the tool) and Steam server menu can find the server when I looked for it with our external/public/wan IP.

However, today, I tried to connect to our server from a remote location and even if the server is properly displayed as oline in both Steam server menu and inside Conan I can’t seem to be able to connect to it.

To be more precise, after entering the password I get the loading screen but it stays on it like forever and after a long while it times out…
Does anybody know why this is happening or have any suggestion I could try to fix this issue please ?

Thanks in advance !

1 Like

I’ll try the new version with the auto-start asap ^^

Good, because I don’t have a QA team for this tool, the only testing you get is me trying a few scenarios on the few machines I have access to, so the quality of the tool is directly dependent of the quality of the feedback I get :slight_smile:

1. A quick question: is it normal for me to get a lot of occurence of the following line in the console when the tool try to update the mods ?
    \src\common\contentmanifest.cpp (650) : Assertion Failed: !m_bIsFinalized

No, but it’s a known issue, I updated the FAQ with it.

Basically it’s a SteamCMD bug which has existed for a long while, some people get it, some don’t.

However, today, I tried to connect to our server from a remote location and even if the server is properly displayed as oline in both Steam server menu and inside Conan I can’t seem to be able to connect to it.

Since I’m using the same SteamCMD command to deploy and update the server, maybe you ended up with a corrupted install of the server?

What I suggest (your guess is as good as mine on that one really) is that you do the appmanifest fix from the FAQ, then you click the Validate Install button, and then you start the server.

:crossed_fingers:

1 Like

Thanks for the suggestion Toolguy, I’ll give a try this week-end :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

If you’re using automatic restart this will hang the server until the errors are dismissed. We moved a server to a reconditioned former client PC, and did not know to switch off the Steam client. Until a few minutes ago. Thanks!

1 Like

I just wanted to Add I am using the 1.012 version of the server manager tool, and I am able to run it and also connect and play on the server with no issue. Not sure if it is because my modem/router firewall is set up as a virtual private server on the modem or not. But I have multi-home checked in the tool and again no issues.

Just thought I would share my experience. keep up the good work
Sojurne

2 Likes

I added the information to the FAQ section, I probably forgot some, it’s kind of a long thread now :slight_smile:

That’s interesting!

If you could figure out exactly what makes this setup work, would be nice to share :slight_smile:

Do you have Multihome on the same IP, or do you have multiple IPs available on the machine, with the default client and steam using one while your server use another one?

Could you give a shot at the 1.0.13 version I posted a few messages above, it had quite many changes, I need some confirmation that it does not work ok before I unleash it as the main version.

Thanks.

1 Like

@Toolguy, 1012 this morning restarted the servers perfectly. However it did not trigger any player alerts (Warning Messages) on either server.

1013 triggers a Windows SmartScreen Alert on one of our Servers and calls the app suspicious. You must tell the PC to “Run Anyway.” The other server does not flag it. Otherwise I have had good results from 1013 on these two servers in my test phase so far, but I have only run it for one calendar day.

If I need to configure something further to send warning messages, please let me know. If I may request anything, it would be a button next to a warning message to allow manual transmission as needed, or for testing. Thanks for a great tool so far.

1 Like

The new tool works fine but one of the players on my server noticed that the PW was removed after we had lost net on the dedicated server. I had to manually kill it in order reset the PW after clicking the “start server if not running” off. Seems this happened over night while no one was around to see. So not sure if that’s a bug or what but thought might as well say something incase if others had the same issue.

1 Like

Did the password disappear from the launcher UI, or is it like if the game server itself ignoring the password?

You have the “Enable Rcon” checkbox active?

If I need to configure something further to send warning messages, please let me know. If I may request anything, it would be a button next to a warning message to allow manual transmission as needed, or for testing.

Well, you can use the “Broadcast message” to test: If that one does not work, then the restart messages will not work since it uses the same RCon feature.

2 Likes

Ha! Wonderful! My screen scaling had the left-most portion of my window truncated, wondered what “cast” meant. Now I can do it all.

Hope you have a great weekend.

1 Like

Oh, the UI is somewhat truncated?

Could you post a screenshot, with which settings you have in Windows? (Resolution, OS version, scaling percentage, etc…) ?

I’ve not actually tested the UI in High DPI mode, and nobody reported a problem so it totally escaped me.

1 Like

I was using a Magnifying Glass tool provided by Windows 8.1 since the monitor is across the room. :eyeglasses: The left-most border overlapped the text from about “North America” down. Definitely not your fault.

2 Likes

Both actually. It also disappeared from the ini file so I had to place it back in both places so on the server side people had to type in the PW once again.

1 Like