Conan Exiles Dedicated Server Launcher (Official Version: 1.7.5 / Beta: 1.7.7)

I’ve been using the (signed) version 1.0.15 for some time and it seems to work great for me so far. I think sometimes after changing and saving other settings (like the restart time or the fact that it does restart to begin with), It forgets the “On Startup Execute” setting and I’m pretty sure it reverted back to the original time when I moved the restart to a later time too.
But truth to be told, I haven’t tried recreating the circumstances and today I double checked and the restart time change I made, definitely stuck the first time around. I’ll keep an eye on it and report if I can get a better grip on when and how it happens.

One thing I noticed while researching another issue with lagspikes related to people logging in when large mods are enabled (posted here) is that the launcher seems to make reading accesses to the disk at about 120 MB/s rates in regular intervals. Those same reading accesses are gone when I turn off the launcher:

Server I/O with launcher running

Server I/O without launcher running

This hasn’t caused any issues, but I still thought it’s noteworthy.

I do have one more suggestion though. With the recent addition of Japan as serverregion, the tool may have to be updated to recognize the region number code in the ini file. As far as I can tell they are

0 = Europe
1 = North America
2 = Asia
3 = Australia
4 = South America
? = Japan (I assume it’s 5?)

One interesting observation I made when looking into this is that even though the field for the Server Region is greyed out and inactive, it does change when I edit the serversettings.ini directly and change the region code there. The GUI update also seems to coincide with the above mentioned disk accesses.

In any case I want to once again thank you for giving us this tool and especially for being so receptive for feature requests and available for questions. I’ve already made good use of the automatic execution of scripts and have one read the database and send the information to a google sheet which the generates some interesting statistics about our server:

1 Like