Conan Exiles Dedicated Server Launcher (Official Version: 1.7.5 / Beta: 1.7.7)

Can you save the message written in the ‘Send’ box, like you do in the other boxes?

That’s definitely doable.

Maybe I could save a list of the last 10 used messages, and have a combo to select them, so if there’s a bunch of message you often send, you don’t have to retype them?

1 Like

That would be cool.

@Toolguy,

Hey I posted a message a while back in Feedback and Bugs but I am not getting any response from the Dev team and was wondering if maybe you had some ideas or a solution for me?

My ISP has me set to a Dynamic IP Address and will not allow me to change it to Static, so everyone who uses direct connect has to obtain the new IP Address. I have a DNS setup with DuckDNS which I use to hand out the server address to my Minecraft server which works great, so that every time my External IP Address changes they can just use that link and won’t have any problems connecting. Unfortunately for Conan Exiles we can’t connect using a DNS URL, do you know of any alternatives I can use? Or maybe can you talk to the Dev team to allow users to connect via a DNS URL instead of the IP Address?

Odds are if it’s Windows you might be running a webserver already, if you’re willing to open an http port, you could load index.html and run a script (many available at GitHub) to display the IP in the browser. That way a user could get it on his pc web browser and then copypasta into the DC input. Or alternatively call it up on his phone and type it into the DC.

Would you believe me if I told you I was asked about your question by a support guy this very morning?
I gave him the name of the person to contact in the UI team who worked on this particular UI, to see if that was just something we could easily add or not.

Basically the question is to know if the underlying code already accepts host names or if only supports IPV4 format. If the background code supports host names, it’s just a matter of fixing the UI’s “filter”, else that would require some actual code change.

tldr, the message was not missed :slight_smile:

Wow what a coincidence haha

This is amazing news! I hope this implementation comes in soon!

Appreciate the response @Toolguy

1 Like

Ok, I found the problem that caused that my settings went to default.
— All the time I add the Discord bot, when I restart the server it will go to default.

@Maldred: You can also use an alternative server tool like NullSoldiers serverthrall (it´s open source, google for it, you can get it from github). That server tool provides an API that sends your server data to a webpage (thrallbrowser dot com). If your IP is changed, the API is sending the new IP too. From the page you have the possibility to direct access your game server by clicking the provided steam-link.
I had the same issue like you, and this solution works for me fine. The only little problem I have, is that the server update functionally of that tool is not perfect. If an update fails, the server stays in invalid state and doesn´t try to reinstall or continue the update. You have then to run update manually.

Is there a way to set the server to auto restart when there are game or mod patches?

You can only do it at a set time

Maybe @Toolguy can figure out a method to implement this feature?

That would really cool if he did. How are others dealing with mods not letting players get on because of an updated version? Currently I have them reach out to me and I run home and reset the server but it’s far from optimal lol

Not at the moment, but this has been one of the most requested features.
It’s unfortunately not trivial to implement, I tried to do it on the side but I think I’m going to ask if I can do it officially as a part of our next development sprint because it’s not something that can be done in just a couple of hours.

What would help is if some of you could describe me what would be the ideal process so the whole thing work smoothly.

Let say I manage to detect in the background that there is a new version of the server and/or mods…

• should I just savagely quit and apply the updates?
  • should I send some messages on RCon/Discord to warn, maybe even display the full list of what was found to update?
  • how do we handle the fact that maybe half of the mods are updated, will that crash the server on startup?
  • what if after having restarted the server, 3 minutes later a new update is available for another mod, should we just restart again?

For what I see, all this web page does is to generate a steam://connect/aaa.bbb.ccc.ddd:27015 URL that you can click on.

Does any of you know if Discord accepts these links?

If yes, then maybe a simple solution would be to have the “Server Ready” message sent to discord to just add the steam connect URL with the current IP of the server, so people on the Discord chat could just click on the link?

I did a quick test, passing the steam connect url with or without the password is working fine, I sent it to my discord chan, and clicking on it did open Exiles in Steam, eventually asking for the password before launching the game if I did not correctly add the /MyServerPassword to the URL.

1 Like

This is a great alternative, but it would be really nice to see that the game itself will accept the URLs so we don’t have to use this workaround. @Toolguy Was there any update on that?

• should I just savagely quit and apply the updates?

Giving a 5 min warning would be nice

• should I send some messages on RCon/Discord to warn, maybe even display the full list of what was found to update?

Using RCon/Discord to give a 5,2,1 min warning. Update list would be cool but probably not needed.

• how do we handle the fact that maybe half of the mods are updated, will that crash the server on startup?

Mods are a gamble to begin with. If the interval search is optional it is on the admin that uses it and they should understand that updating to a new patch or a new version of a mod could cause server issues.

• what if after having restarted the server, 3 minutes later a new update is available for another mod, should we just restart again?

It should depend on the interval the admin sets, but yes if there is a new mod patch found it probably should restart. The issue that I’m having running my server right now is that everyone has their steam set to auto update. That means at any point that a new patch for the game or mod is posted they updated and then they can’t log in.

It isn’t super optimal but the other option of having players contact the admin for them to manually reset also isn’t optimal. Its more like which one is more set it and forget it and which will lead to more player up time. I’d much rather have it auto update when needed than have planned restarts that may or may not fall during a mod update and then still have to manually updated 2 more times because I have three different players logging in at different times that can’t get on.

How does G-portal check if there are new mods? When you log into g-portal it say that there are updated for your mods.
But you must restart server for them to be applied.

A quick look at the game UI code suggests that it should be doable, now, I’m not in charge of the priorities, and there’s a limited number of coders that are working on a limited number of things at the same time, so I’ve no idea if/when it’s going to be fixed.

That being said, I’ve implemented the steam connect string thing, so if you get yourself a discourse channel for your players, they will just have to click on the link when your server is ready, and personally I think it’s actually better than having to go in the game, click on multiplayer, click on direct connect, enter the host and port, enter the password and click ok…

Why do all that when you can just click on a link and it all just works :smiley:

@Gilikoth and @stinger, I’ll see if I can get some work done on that (no promises).

On a side note, have our Russian and Chinese friends noticed that the fix for the unicode support in RCon is finally in the game?

UnicodeRcon

From now on you should be able to use unicode characters (in the limit of the fonts supported by the game, obviously) for all your admin messages. (And for the ones who wonder what’s written, if Google Translate is correct, it means “Looks like it’s working”, hopefully it’s correct, I would hate to have written something dubious by error!)

EDIT: You probably should wait for the next version, it seems that using unicode in the ini files triggers the weird bug @Sonja was talking about. Going to fix that, was a stupid UCS16/UTF8 glitch in the ini file loader.

1 Like

These are great changes! Thanks for listening to us @Toolguy!

One quick note for the “Send” message, would you be able to add a way to change the /broadcast command to something else? One mod in particular (Pippi Admin) changes this command and replaces the in-game chat for everyone, so the /broadcast does not allow users to see the message.

The command they use is /server