All ini files in Saved/Config get changed when the server starts. Or at least ‘touched’ (if there’s such an equivalent in Windows) because all their timestamps are when the server started.
And I still can’t upload images
Now what I see, when I started the launcher, it shows me the port numbers as 7777 client, 7778 udp, 27102 query (this is the correct one), 25575 RCON (this cannot be changed).
In the config file the port numbers are however correct.
Shut down the server, adjusted something unrelated, did “Save Changes” and now there’s a whole new block in Engine.ini (leaving ouit the servername and serverpassword options):
This wasn’t there before (probably due to manual saves), but does show the 7777 port again.
It also added a block to Game.ini.
Files updated during Save Changes:
Stopped the server again, re-enabled backups (which I disabled before), and the blocks for the launcher have disappeared from the Engine and Game files. The Engine.ini now has:
So back to the original problem.
Shut down the server, the launcher, manually edited the ini files to reflect the wanted situation, restarted the launcher. Launcher doesn’t pick up the edited values from Engine and Game, but the server starts with the correct port settings from the ini files.
All 3 files again got written when the server started (I haven’t touched a thing on the launcher at this point, which is showing the wrong ports, but has all other information correctly)
Thing of note: url in my manual files is in lowercase, in the sections written by the launcher (which get overwritten by the server regardless, it seems) URL is in uppercase.