Conan Exiles Dedicated Server Launcher (Official Version: 1.7.5 / Beta: 1.7.7)

It don’t happed to me any more. Before I always got 2 steam windows when click restart or start button, not sure when automatic restart.
Now I have tested with automatic restart, starting launcher manually with ‘start server if not running’ not ticked and then click start button to start server.
Start launcher with ‘start server if not running’ is ticked.
Click restart when server is running.
Every time I now only get 1 steam window.

My SERVERSETTINGS.INI are getting deleted all the time I start my server + the app get by 0 too (only the servername and the ports will stay…

I’m using the latest version - this is making me really unhappy, because I want to activate the decay, but everytime i start the server, bam, everything is gone and I need to stop it and write the adminpassword, daily restart… and start it again (when it starts, the settings will be again by default)

Are you editing the correct file in:
\DedicatedServerLauncher\ConanExilesDedicatedServer\ConanSandbox\Saved\Config\WindowsServer

of course :sweat_smile:

I’m having an issue where when I check my ports before the server starts everything is green. Once the server starts running all the ports turn red. I am able to connect to the server over LAN but I can not find it listed under the steam servers. So I’m unsure if others are able to directly connect to the server or not. I have two pcs on the same network along with our server box. I’m not sure if them sharing an external IP is the issue? Multihome is turned on. Port forwarding is on for the servers local IP address. I’ve tried DMZ, Firewall off, Added Protocols. Still can’t get them to turn green while the server is up. Am I missing something?

First, which version are you using of the launcher?
I’m asking, because that’s one of the things I fixed in 1.0.25:

• Disabled the TestPort when the server is running to make it less confusing

Basically the port testing requires that the ports are not in use, which is why it does not work when the server is running. It’s just a pre-check to validate your configuration.

Now, the problem of the server not being visible in the server list is a well known issue, and that has nothing to do (in most cases) with your configuration: It’s just that there’s been so many servers running that the system used to keep track of servers is not able to keep up… and that’s not something we can easily fix without basically rewriting a large part of the server authentication/registration system.

Ok, so I assume you are doing the following:

• Game Server is not running
  • You edit the content of the ini files from \Saved\Config\WindowsServer and save them
  • You start the server with the launcher
  • A short while after the server is running, you look at the ini file and your changes are gone, including any change made by the server launcher.

Is that correct?

Is that something that started recently (say, after a recent patch), or did that never actually work?

Bonus question: If you do not edit the decay parameter, do you still lose the server launcher parameters (password, daily restart etc…), or does that happen ONLY if you also edit the decay?

Finally: Could you list the exact list of parameters you changed or added (which file, which section, actual change, and whatever was there before).

Maybe you stumbled on something in the code where entering something that the server does not like ends up in reverting the file to the actual defaults, in which case I’ll have to inform the dev team.

Thanks for answering, I will take a look without changing the decay because since I am trying to add it (I had if off because I was still deciding the max decay days) the settings are getting the default options.

• I was using an older version and that never happened (I think was the 17)

I will come back with more info soon! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I am running a Testlive server with this app, and with The Pippi and Age of Calamitous mod. But after the latest patch the ConanSandboxServer-Win64.Test.exe crashes after less than 30 seconds.

Problem details:

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: ConanSandboxServer-Win64-Test.exe
Application Version: 0.1.0.0
Application Timestamp: 5c6ecb84
Fault Module Name: KERNELBASE.dll
Fault Module Version: 6.1.7601.17514
Fault Module Timestamp: 4ce7c78c
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 0000000000001ba4
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.274.10
Locale ID: 1044
Additional Information 1: 080a
Additional Information 2: 080ab1d76ebca141aa48aabed9a08a7d
Additional Information 3: 68e0
Additional Information 4: 68e06e7fba3cf12e646e5dc47673a2d2

Does it still crash if you disable the mods? (just for testing)

Another version with only a few minor changes, but all the request have been written down…

http://cdn.funcom.com/downloads/exiles/DedicatedServerLauncher1026.exe

Dedicated Server Launcher 1.0.26:

• Hopefully fixed the problem with SteamCMD starting twice now and then (Stinger, MidnightFC, Sciiti)
  • Changed the “could not find server executable" message to “No Server installed: Please click on the install button (located bottom right!)” to limit confusion (skunkwerks7)
  • Added an horizontal scrollbars to the log output window (MarcBomber)
  • Modify the warning dialog box when starting a server to allow the user to either “Save then Start”, “Start without saving” or “Cancel” (skunkwerks7)
  • Added fields for custom messages for restart, ready, shutdown, etc… (MidnightFC)
  • Manual Restart and Shutdown messages are now also sent on RCon - not just on Discord

And here is what the version looks like:

It’s mostly minor changes, but sometimes it’s all I can afford to add, sorry!

I’m not 100% confident that the double SteamCMD launch has been fixed, mostly because it never happened to me, but I did tweak my state machine to make the order of things more predictable… which may also mean I may be have introduced some new bugs, so please feel free to report issues.

Hey @Toolguy, Is this a recommended or experimental version? I’m updating the wiki currently.

Runs fine with me, both 1.0.25 and 1.0.26. I have many mods.

First time I ran 1.026 with start button I got 2 steamcmd windows, tried several times after that I only got 1 window.

All the versions I post here are for somebody to test that they behave without a problem.

After I get positive feedback that there’s no adverse effect, it then become the new official version and I then only I update the topic title and documentation :slight_smile:

No problem. Thank you for the reply!

2 Likes

Question: How fast does the SteamCMD window appear after you press Start?
Is it instant, or is there some slight delay? And is any of the window show some warning or error message?

About instantly.

Haven’t had enough time to test the new version yet, but so far there have been no double starts. It also used to sometimes send the Server restart warning messages twice to discord, but the last time it did that was over a month ago.

But if that’s related to the double SteamCDM issue, it may not be very indicative about the solution since our live server never was quite as prone to having that issue either.

As for the new warning messages - I’m not sure how useful it is to send those to the server via RCon. If I understand it right, those are supposed to be sent when someone manually clicks the on/off switch, restart button or when the restart countdown has run out and the server shuts down. In all of those cases sending messages to the server seems kind of redundant since nobody will be able to read them anyway, getting kicked off the server as it is.

Or did I misunderstand how those are supposed to work?

Last not least, I hope the delayed restart function is still on that ToDo list. I usually like to give folks some time to get to a safe place and logout even when manually shutting down the server, so it would be very nice if I had a button “restart in 10 minutes” that would automatically start a countdown and send the same messages to the server and discord that are sent when the server has its scheduled restart.

I had the idea that the rcon broadcast would have time to display the players a box explaining this is not a server crash but just a manual restart or shutdown initiated by the server admin.

Last not least, I hope the delayed restart function is still on that ToDo list. I usually like to give folks some time to get to a safe place and logout even when manually shutting down the server, so it would be very nice if I had a button “restart in 10 minutes” that would automatically start a countdown and send the same messages to the server and discord that are sent when the server has its scheduled restart.

It’s on the list:

Feature request list:
- Add an "import server configuration" button to make it easier to migrate existing servers (skunkwerks7)
- The DedicatedServerLauncher does not restart the server itself. Can you add a healthcheck and automated restart? (MarcBomber)
- Will you add a player chat window? To view the player chat separately from the general LOG window (DemarumeRu)
- A button with automatic time to close the server and shutdown the computer (like restart daily at…) (Noliv)
- a button to close the server without restart: if restart automatically is selected, it restarts when you shutdown by the button (Noliv)
- Add an "import server configuration" button to make it easier to migrate existing servers (skunkwerks7)
- Possibility to shutdown/restart the machine automatically (Noliv)
- Possibility to check for workshop updates while a server is running (Sciiti)
- Easier way to set up PVE, PVP, PVE-K, etc... (PitMonk, DemarumeRu)
- Problems with the number of players not sticking (DemarumeRu)
- Instead of the immediate restart button, could we get another one that starts the same countdown that regular restarts do (eg. 10, 5 and 2 minute warnings).  (MidnightFC)
- Would it be possible to have the discord bot relay commands to the launcher and not just the other way around? Like making broadcasts or ordering a restart via bot commands from admins of the discord server? (MidnightFC)

Impossible Requests:
- ServerLauncher on xbox/ps4 (thoth-anon)

Hopefully I did not miss anything.

2 Likes

The 3rd line is nice for manual restart when there are update to game or to mods.
But what to do with the 1st 2 lines?