Conan Exiles Dedicated Server Launcher (Official Version: 1.7.5 / Beta: 1.7.7)

Second question is will the server be able to be found by name or just direct ip connection?

It will be possible to find by name, but the advantage of the direct ip connection is that you can easily check that it all works fine - the Steam server browser is sometimes overwhelmed with the sheer number of servers, flakyness of the internet, etc… check by direct IP that everything works as you want it, and when you are confident that everything is fine, they use name lookup :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hey Toolguy,

I noticed the other day that the tool failed to update the mods I had on my list, I will check back on my logs sometime tonight and post it up here for you to take a peek at. Sorry, I’m stuck at the office right now though.

1 Like

ok Last question. We are moveing out database from the current server to the dedicated one but how do we restore a back up point so we are not getting the glitched saves that the server provider left us with?

1 Like

Thank you for contacting Symantec.

Your submission has been received and will be reviewed. We endeavor to respond to all submissions within 2 working days.

The tracking number for your submission is: xxxxx, please reference this tracking number in any further correspondence on this issue.

Your submission:

I guess I will let you know what they say in two days.

Also The tool is good but to be honest if your going to want more people to use it, its going to have alot more done to it, pretty much go all in. Its going to have to have everything you would see in a GSP panel other wise If I am going to have to edit ini files and server settings then using batch files is actually easier then this program. Like I hate to bring up another game’s tools (Not made be the developer but the community) if you don’t make this tool something like ARK server Manger, something you can use and change everything with the server without ever having to open an ini then to be honest very few people will use it.

2 Likes

[Maldred] I noticed the other day that the tool failed to update the mods I had on my list, I will check back on my logs sometime tonight and post it up here for you to take a peek at. Sorry, I’m stuck at the office right now though

Hmm, it’s SteamCMD that does the actual mod update, but possibly there was a problem in the generated command line.

If you can give more details (like for example the content of your mod parameter in the tool), that would help.

[Saelweng] We are moving out database from the current server to the dedicated one but how do we restore a back up point so we are not getting the glitched saves that the server provider left us with?

Not sure what the actual question is (what you mean by “back up point”).

As far as I know there are the game.db files and the various older copies of it, I guess if you copy all the content of the “Saved” folder you should have a pretty complete backup of everything, including the the older versions?

[Munra] Also The tool is good but to be honest if your going to want more people to use it, its going to have alot more done to it, pretty much go all in. Its going to have to have everything you would see in a GSP panel other wise If I am going to have to edit ini files and server settings then using batch files is actually easier then this program. Like I hate to bring up another game’s tools (Not made be the developer but the community) if you don’t make this tool something like ARK server Manger, something you can use and change everything with the server without ever having to open an ini then to be honest very few people will use it.

The original idea was to only provide the editing of things that makes it difficult to start/configure the server, and then when the server is running to log to it and edit the settings in-game using the admin panel (or things like Pippi server mod).

If people prefer to edit ini files than using the in-game settings panel, then maybe that’s the setting panel we should fix, because people using rented servers have access to that, not to the launcher tool itself.

Would it really make a difference to be able to edit every single parameter in the tool?

1 Like

that is semi correct @Toolguy. I was able to pull the saved folder but if we need to restore any of the backups how do we go about doing that? IE the game.db is the game they messed up were as game_backup_XX would be the file we knew worked prior to them tampering with our server. How do we get that back vs a messed up game save. Also is there a way to automatically restart the server or is it all done manually for a dedicated?

1 Like

Another issue: The log portion seems to want to stay at the middle of the log being displayed.

It will not auto-scroll down after the log reaches a certain size.

A request: Can you add an option to show the SteamCMD console? And maybe one to auto-close the server manager too. I would much rather have the SteamCMD window appear… as it displays more info (notably during startup) and still lets you easily stop the server by Ctrl+C. It also doesn’t have the log bug mentioned above, and lets you adjust the window size to easily see the log.

As for my earlier comment about ‘obtuse’ stuff, yeah, that was exactly what you were under the impression of. It should run the verify on start, but it doesn’t, instead requiring you to click ‘save settings’ to run a verification check. Ticking the box then immediately starting the server doesn’t do the check.

And as for things not changeable ingame, well, server tickrate for one, net speed for two. Basically a bunch of Unreal Engine parameters that affect netcode. It seems like all the Conan Exiles specific configuration options are changeable ingame (undocumented stuff notwithstanding), so this would be more server specific stuff, not CE specific.

This is nothing but a burden in my eyes.

If people want to use short information, let them. There’s nothing stopping them from editing the config files to do it, as you’d normally have to do to run a server anyway.

I normally name my servers “DAOW” as they’re my clan server. Instead, I have to name it something ridiculous like “DAOW111111” just to be able to SAVE settings in this program. I can edit it in the .ini after the fact, but then I can no longer save anything if I need to edit stuff (and I change workshop items fairly often).

RCON support was something long requested for Conan Exiles by the community, so I second seeing it implemented here too. Being able to administrate ingame from out of game is something sorely missing from the title.

As for UI, well, the log display is kind of wasted because it’s so small. I see no reason you can’t extend the size vertically, or add a settings menu for certain things. Heck, maybe even a tabbed UI where the server log is displayed that we can go between various things (one being the log which can be adjusted).

Is changing it from a fixed design to fluid (resizable) design too difficult? I’m not a programmer (nor made any UI), so I don’t know how much work it involves.

1 Like

Upon further analysis and investigation we have verified your submission and, as such, the detection(s) for the following file(s) will be removed from our products:

File name: DedicatedServerLauncher108.exe
MD5: 0BB6438F52FC61E2AFB64D7D4866887F
SHA256: A308D50C0B956320A6FC2388C8216168761EA1BC3B73A639510E4D260FF9555C
Note: Whitelisting is available by downloading a RAPID RELEASE indicated in the Further Information section below or via the next Live Update
2 Likes

Need help with getting mods to work on my dedicated server. using the latest version of the app. I put the names in the modlist text with and without a *. The paks are installed into the mods folder (conansandbox\mod). I tried putting the mods in a folder in root C: and then put the whole directory link in the modslist text. Tried putting the id # in the mod list area in the server app. tried just putting the directory where the mods are in that box as well.
Nothing works. I never get the save button to be selectible in the app and when I run my server the modlist.txt gets wiped out and I have to type everything in again, it never saves.
Any advise would be appreciated.

1 Like

Normally when the save button is not enabled, it means there is a red light displayed.
Until you fix the error condition, you will not be able to save.

Can you take a screenshot of the tool and attach it, like one of the other participants did earlier?

Thanks.

1 Like

I have recently shared the same experience as you. I had pipi installed and wanted to add two more mods, so I put the mod id’s in with coma’s after each one and the save button never lit up to save the configuration I ended up having to re roll my server just to add the two mods on. I hope this gets looked at as I like the tool. I would also in the future like to see the ability to modify the settings of the server from the tool to get a complete server setup instead of having to set it up then go muck around in the DedicatedServerSettings.txt.
will keep an eye on this tool though for sure !

1 Like

Wasnt sure where to post this but this seems like a good place (feel free to redirect me)

Started getting this error on my locally ran dedicated server it always results in a crash on startup

[2018.07.28-20.40.55:323][ 1]LogWindows:Error: === Critical error: ===
[2018.07.28-20.40.55:323][ 1]LogWindows:Error:
[2018.07.28-20.40.55:323][ 1]LogWindows:Error: Fatal error!
[2018.07.28-20.40.55:323][ 1]LogWindows:Error:
[2018.07.28-20.40.55:323][ 1]LogWindows:Error: Unhandled Exception: EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION reading address 0x00000000
[2018.07.28-20.40.55:324][ 1]LogWindows:Error:
[2018.07.28-20.40.55:324][ 1]LogWindows:Error: !0x0000000000000000
[2018.07.28-20.40.55:324][ 1]LogWindows:Error:
[2018.07.28-20.40.55:333][ 1]LogExit: Executing StaticShutdownAfterError

1 Like

I found the problem something went wrong with the engine.ini and serversettings.ini i deleted them and set them backup again and the problem disappeared ports kept showing up as red

1 Like

Ill get you a screen shot of it when there are no players on my server should have it up by tomorrow

1 Like

Question: Did you make a copy of these ini files before deleting them?
If you can provide files that breaks the game, it’s easier for us to reproduce the issue and then fix it.

Screenshots showing the issue definitely would help.

Can you give me a list of the server settings you need to edit in a txt file?

1 Like

I tested adding a mod again after the server was created and this time it worked not sure why but it did so that is no longer an issue.

Here is a link to the DefaultServerSettings file each setting should be able to be set before the server is started so that everything is configured properly for the server.

let me know if you need more info ill be glad to give my input.

1 Like

Here is a new version of the tool:

Dedicated Server Launcher 1.0.9

Dedicated Server Launcher 1.0.9:

• Change the server name minimum lenght to 1 character
  • Reworded the ‘Validate Server Installation’ by adding ‘At Launch’ to make it easier to understand it’s a SteamCMD deployment option
  • The log window should now correctly continue scrolling past the line 3792 (also called “oops”)
  • The UI can now be resized vertically so more lines of text can be seen in the log
  • Exposed the NetServerMaxTickRate option in the UI

Regarding adding new exposed options in future versions, here is what I suggest:

• You give me a list of the parameters you want to see exposed, giving me the exact name of the parameter (including the section and the init file it comes from)
  • For each of these parameters you tell me what is the value you generally set it to, and most importantly why you change it - what the effect you expect from changing this value
  • I will then review with requests with the programmers of the game, and we will see if we should expose it, or if that indicates some underlying issue with the game itself that we should fix (either by tweaking the defaults, or fixing some actual code problem).

The main reason is that we’ve seen a lot of voodoo solutions over the months with people pointing to obsolete wiki posts containing information that fixed some things and broke some other, so we need to identify the valid things and separate it from the ugly :slight_smile:

1 Like

Is there a way to add a setting on the tool that lets us automatically restart the server to do a back up with put having to manually shut the server down every time? I know there is a RCON to do that manually but does not work very well and still have to manual restart my server daily for backups to be saved.
Also nice job on the tool so far! Allowing us to make the window larger is helpful and I do not need to open an editor other then Notepad to see whats going on =)

1 Like

So odd question how do i update to the current dedicated server launcher without messing up my current server ? there is no auto update option on the app it’s self that would also be a nice addition. That way we don’t go mucking up our existing server for an update. Also I will get you a list of settings that I usually tweak so that we can possibly get those added to the app. Great work so far looking forward to it’s evolution.

1 Like

Not yet, but I’m thinking about it.

Not sure how complex we want it, could be as simple as just having a “time selector” which defines at which time the server needs to restart, and when the time comes, automate the equivalent of clicking on STOP followed by clicking on START, which I guess would just magically update the game server and the mods thanks to SteamCMD, as well as a new GameDB file when the server restarts again?

Allowing us to make the window larger is helpful and I do not need to open an editor other then Notepad to see whats going on =)

At some point I may add colors so warnings and errors can be seen more easily, but that implies doing parsing of the log so probably not the highest priority,

Technically you could just have all the versions in the same folder and run whatever which one you want, so you can test with 1.0.9 and if there are problems just run the 1.0.8 instead.

Auto-update may happen at some point, but we wanted to make sure the actual core features worked and that people would actually use the tool, so we concentrated on the important stuff first.

Also I will get you a list of settings that I usually tweak so that we can possibly get those added to the app.

Ideally sorted by order of decreasing importance :smiley:

The bottom line: This is not my main task at work, so the less investigation/exploration/digging I have to do, the more chance I can implement something fast.

Also, the reason why I’m doing so many small releases is that I’d rather you people tell me as soon as possible when there’s a problem than me spending weeks or months building a cathedral of features that do not actually match what you wanted :slight_smile:

(I’m also trying to design this tool so it can be adapted to our future games so whatever next game we release gets such a tool available from day one)

1 Like