Conan Exiles Dedicated Server Launcher (Official Version: 1.7.5 / Beta: 1.7.7)

Hello, i am new in this Forum and i dont know if this topic belongs here, but could anyone help me with my Mods? I tried to get some Mods on my Server and they get detected in the SteamCMD, but there is an error ‘\src\common\contentmanifest.cpp (650) : Assertion Failed: !m_bIsFinalized’ i already saw that some people have this, and that there is no real fix for it but thats not the real problem i have, my problem is that they get detected in the Launcher aswell but they are installing over and over again, and nothing happens. if anyone can help me with this, i would appreciate that! (Sorry for my bad english!)

1 Like

Not sure what you mean by “detected in the launcher aswell and are installing over and over again”.

As you found out, it’s a SteamCMD bug, and the suggested fix is to delete a file (details in the FAQ in the first post).

Now, what the Launcher do is to create a single SteamCMD command that contains the list of mods to update as well as the game server, if SteamCMD bugs and returns an error code, the deployment will fail and stops there, and when you try again it will fail again.

As far as I see, your only options are:

• check the check box on the top that disabled the steamcmd update completely
  • delete the steamcmd file that is causing problem
  • delete everything in the sub folder except your game server Saved folder (the one with the game db and ini files) and let the launcher redownload everything
1 Like

Ok i will try, but what i mean with an error i will show you.

]LogPakFile: Pak file F:\DedicatedServers\ConanExile\DedicatedServerLauncher\ConanExilesDedicatedServer\steamapps\workshop\content\440900\1386982683\SlaverMod.pak removed from pak precacher.
[2018.09.22-20.09.37:225][ 0]LogPakFile: Pak file F:\DedicatedServers\ConanExile\DedicatedServerLauncher\ConanExilesDedicatedServer\steamapps\workshop\content\440900\1366358141\CharEditLite.pak removed from pak precacher.
[2018.09.22-20.09.37:262][ 0]LogPakFile: Pak file F:\DedicatedServers\ConanExile\DedicatedServerLauncher\ConanExilesDedicatedServer\steamapps\workshop\content\440900\1159180273\StylistPlus.pak removed from pak precacher.
[2018.09.22-20.09.37:355][ 0]LogPakFile: Pak file F:\DedicatedServers\ConanExile\DedicatedServerLauncher\ConanExilesDedicatedServer\steamapps\workshop\content\440900\862889805\test.pak removed from pak precacher.
[2018.09.22-20.09.37:442][ 0]LogPakFile: Pak file F:\DedicatedServers\ConanExile\DedicatedServerLauncher\ConanExilesDedicatedServer\steamapps\workshop\content\440900\1159650328\World_Assets.pak removed from pak precacher.
[2018.09.22-20.09.37:506][ 0]LogPakFile: Pak file F:\DedicatedServers\ConanExile\DedicatedServerLauncher\ConanExilesDedicatedServer\steamapps\workshop\content\440900\1502970736\SexySilentLegionArmor.pak removed from pak precacher.
[2018.09.22-20.09.37:907][ 0]LogPakFile: Pak file F:\DedicatedServers\ConanExile\DedicatedServerLauncher\ConanExilesDedicatedServer\steamapps\workshop\content\440900\1369802940\Emberlight.pak removed from pak precacher.
And this is going over and over again.
Any suggestions for this?
And Thanks for the fast reply! :slight_smile:

edit: its always switching between adding precacher and removing, i really dont know what to do :l

1 Like

No idea, it’s a generic mod/server question, it’s not really related to the ServerLauncher itself, you would have more luck asking about it in one of the other threads.

Sorry :slight_smile:

1 Like

I cant get port run well, doesn’t connect

1 Like

I probably need more details:

• What are the results of the “Test Port Accessibility” button, is it all green or all red, partially green/red?
  • If there is some red, have you tried without the firewall, have you checked the router port forwarding rules?
  • What type of internet line / isp / modem / router / network card / operating system, etc… do you use?
    etc…
1 Like

the results of the test port are all red, I tried without the firewall, but nothing
and yes I did read the rules
I use the internet of the meo, the router is the model ( GR241AG ) , the network card is ( Realtek PCIe GBE family controller ) and I use the operating system of the windows 8
I try something difrent and I get two green and the steam query port red

1 Like

Ok, so I did a bit of research, and it seems that this MEO router is kind of a naughty piece of hardware/sofware:

In particular these messages are scary:

The GR241AG router itself appeas to be really good, but MEO has hacked it to block you from using good DNS servers. If you have the SU password, which every MEO Tech support has, they can liberate those functions in seconds. Their excuse to me is that the Portuguese government orders them to block these functions, so that that can stop you visiting “illegal websites” such as torrenting sites and www.uber.com that allows you to get rides cheaper than taxis.

The big problem is that the codes that redirect every internet call back to MEO, then pass back to where you wanted to visit slow down the computer a lot. That gave 1Git fibre, and really slow internet, where a 256MB file would take a very short number of seconds, but web pages very slow to load.

So basically it seems that the default configuration is playing Big Brother™ to make sure you are not accessing anything deemed not correct.

I suggest you contact the MEO support to kindly ask them if they can make sure port forwarding works reliably for these few specific ports, because apparently that’s controlled from their side, and they have the possibility to remotely change whatever you configure.

1 Like

well I been able to get up and running the server, with all green, and with eveyrthing
but I can’t find the server in the game, I dont get it why…

1 Like

That’s not specific to you, there are issues with the Steam Server Browser API.
Try with Direct Connect by specifying the IP and port, and put it in the Favorites (The big button at the bottom left copies all the necessary connection information in your clipboard so you can paste it to the players).

Basically there are so many thousands of servers, that for some reason servers are not reliably appearing on the list, both in steam and in the game, but if the server is valid and running, direct connect reliably works.

1 Like

yes I try direct connect, but does not work, can’t find the server, it give this erro ( “connection time out! could not find the server” )

1 Like

Is it possible to increase the FPS of my server? Yes, yes, how can I do it?

1 Like

You can increase the “Maximum Tick Rate”, but you better have a good machine with a good internet line and nothing else taxing the CPU / Memory / Disk IOs.

Can you see in the server logs any attempt at connecting that would be for example rejected ?

Each time a player tries to connect, the log shows some very identifiable lines with a long string of numbers, the player name, steam id, etc…

1 Like

***** this game and the *****ing horse it rode in on.
Sorry, I’ve been playing for a while and recently started having trouble with my dedicated server. I was running the server without much issue, when a snag cause me to look things up and I found 1.0.15, so I installed that instead.

Again, ran smooth until it started trying to launch the server twice when I would click the server power button in the app. (the steamcmd window would close and a warning saying it was already running would popup.) I would hit OK on this popup, and the server would start. (running as admin fixed this problem)

Today, the server started crashing. (this morning it was running fine, and when I got back from my Dr appt the server was down) I launched it, and as soon as the little window popped up saying the server was running, it would crash again. (I updated some stuff, and nothing changed.)

I updated to 1.0.16 and I’m getting this window
Error01
After closing that 4 times I think, it lets me run the server. The server is not showing up in the server list, but at least it “says” it’s running, and that is a start…
I did have to remove a mod to get it to stop crashing though.

Edit: HAHAHAHAAAAAAA… So I couldn’t find the server because I forgot it defaults to PVP with a fresh install. I connected. I still want to know about the Entry Point Not Found issue though.

1 Like

Glad you are Loving this game and this horse so much :wink:

I still want to know about the Entry Point Not Found issue though.

Did you have the Steam Client running when you started the server?
See the FAQ

Today, the server started crashing. (…) I did have to remove a mod to get it to stop crashing though.

So… compatibility of the MOD with the version of the game server maybe?

Again, ran smooth until it started trying to launch the server twice when I would click the server power button in the app. (the steamcmd window would close and a warning saying it was already running would popup.) I would hit OK on this popup, and the server would start. (running as admin fixed this problem)

Could you zip and give me the content of the DedicatedServerLauncher\Logs folder?

Having the Dedicated Server Launcher logs as well as whatever SteamCMD wrote to logs can help diagnosing.

I updated to 1.0.16 and I’m getting this window

There are no changes between 1.0.15 and 1.0.16 affecting the way the server launched, so I assume it’s more like a problem with Steam running, or the game server that got updated in the mean time.

If SteamCMD is causing you issues, and if you have a working version of the server, you can just use the “Don’t auto-update server and mods” check box.

2 Likes

Hi
What is the default download region that server app uses via steam and can we get option to change it if possible ?

1 Like

No idea, I did not even know it was possible to specify that in SteamCMD?
If you can find the relevant information (or some examples of command line parameters for it), I guess I can take a look.

2 Likes

lmao, I DO love the game.

Did you have the Steam Client running when you started the server?
See the FAQ

I will make sure steam is offline when I reboot the server later tonight. I’ll also make sure it’s not set to start automatically. If it fixes the current popup entry point warning we are all set.

Could you zip and give me the content of the DedicatedServerLauncher\Logs folder?

I’ll test the steam thing before packing up files. (Unless you want to work on sorting it anyway.) As mentioned, make sure to run the launcher as Admin, and if you are using a shortcut set that to admin too. (I checked and the server exe was already set to admin, but the shortcut wasn’t. I don’t even want to try to explain why that matters, but it solved the problem with the “app already running” popup.)

There are no changes between 1.0.15 and 1.0.16 affecting the way the server launched

I believe the issue was that I switched servers, when you added the new 1/2 pet system update. Basically the server was up when you released the update, and I took it down to change mods. That in turn allowed the server to load the update. It wasn’t a version 16 issue, so much as a perfect timing issue.

The update did in fact break one of our mods however. With that mod out of the list the server mostly runs ok. It does still crash once in a while, so we might still have a mod with a problem. Sadly, there are a few running, and it’s too unpredictable to properly track it down.

I would have to pull a mod, wait several days, or until there is a crash. Then change out mods and try again. If it continues to be a problem, I’ll have to do so, but I’m sure it will be tweaked soon enough. (which is code for the problem is infrequent enough that my lazy side says let someone else worry about it. XD)

1 Like

Update: Remember to run everything as admin, and TURN OFF STEAM before running the launcher. Everything is now popup free. Thank you Toolguy. You are my hero of the week. lol

1 Like

That’s strange that admin got required, I never needed it… but as a programmer I generally have to pull down the UAC control level quite a bit else I could not work at all.

Could you confirm a few things:

• What actually requires the admin privileges specifically, is that SteamCMD, the actual Game Server, or the DedicatedServerLauncher?
  • Which version of Windows are you using, and what is the UAC setting level?

(If admin is indeed required, I could add a check on the tool startup to make sure it’s correctly running as admin)

1 Like