Conan Exiles Dedicated Server Launcher (Official Version: 1.7.5 / Beta: 1.7.7)

Thank you for the reply. Ok basically what I had going was I had a 100% manual server setup, and by that I mean I used SteamCMD myself (install and update the game), copied over the .paks and updated the ServerSettings.ini and modlist.txt all manually. Also kept modlist.txt up to date and gave to my friends who joined the server.

Me installing the dedicated server with steamcmd command line it never downloaded ConanSandboxServer-Win64-Test.exe, only ConanSandboxServer.exe and everyone was able to connect without and with mods. So I thought since I discovered this dedicated server app, I thought it’s high time I switch to a launcher instead of doing everything manually. Then I ran across those 6 first time annoyances migrating my server to this launcher.

referencing my above points:
2) this is just for easy of use, since you can shift+rightclick any file and then click “Copy as Path”, super easy, but you can’t Paste this in the app, it complains not valid path

When we paste a quoted path you can simple $pastedstring.replace("`"","") :slight_smile:

1. I know the app is for first time users/setups, but this would have resolved my issues alot quicker
  2. same as 3, alot quicker
  3. All I want, or don’t want, is this app to mess with my mods
  4. I still feel this is an issue, the game should tell you what mods your are missing when joining a server or what you have extra

:slight_smile:

1 Like

That, I understand, and that’s why we decided to try to make a tool to simplify this manual process.

Me installing the dedicated server with steamcmd command line it never downloaded ConanSandboxServer-Win64-Test.exe, only ConanSandboxServer.exe and everyone was able to connect without and with mods. So I thought since I discovered this dedicated server app, I thought it’s high time I switch to a launcher instead of doing everything manually.

Could you give me the actual command line you are invoking SteamCMD with?

SteamCMD is not what I would call a super slick and obvious to use program, I stopped tinkering with my own command line parameters when I got something that worked.

Then I ran across those 6 first time annoyances migrating my server to this launcher.

• #2 - I believe I added that because the game server was unhappy with file paths containing spaces in the ini files (which is where I stored the information for the launcher), so I locked that in the app to avoid saving paths that would got broken on the next reload. I can probably investigate what the actual game server is doing, but last time I looked at Unreal’s INI file handling…
  • #3 - The problem with allowing people to use THEIR setup, is that it means I have to validate a bazilion more things, and I don’t have time to support and diagnose things caused by people using their own setup. This tools was not made for powerusers who know their command line inside out and write powershell scripts before breakfast, it was made to allow non technical people to have a chance to run their own servers. Basically you’ve been trying hard to use the tool exactly for what it was not meant to support.
  • #4 - Same at #3
  • #5 - Normally the tool just write the list of mods from the input field into the modlist.txt, in the specified order, and it does not try to update the one specified by path
  • #6 - It’s a server/client issue, you should probably report that one on the normal channels: I’ve been explicitly told to not handle any feature request that is not directly related to the server launcher, so as for the request regarding the message of the day, please check the trello board, or the other support threads.

I guess what I could do, is that if A) the “Mod List” edit field is empty and B) the modlist.txt file is read only, then just skip the creationg/update of the modlist, with just an internal log message saying “modlist.txt generation skipped on user request”, it will still show an error message if the file is read only but the edit field contains something.

Would that be acceptable?

1 Like

Hello. Just started using this launcher and i’m loving it!

• Just have a few questions.
  1. Is it possible to set up multiple restarts? I want one at 16:00 and at 23:00.
  2. Is it possible to make auto-messages in chat for discord and rule info?

Thanks in advance.

1 Like

Glad you like it :slight_smile:

Just have a few questions.

1. Is it possible to set up multiple restarts? I want one at 16:00 and at 23:00.

Not yet, but this has been requested already.
That will eventually be done, I just did not have the time (I prioritize bugs above features)

1. Is it possible to make auto-messages in chat for discord and rule info?

The problem is mostly that the game does not support that at the moment: All the messages appear as blocking message boxes (like the Message of the Day), but assuming the game gets this feature added, and if it can probably be added.

How were you seeing this feature working exactly? A general message sent now and then, or some message sent to players individually when they connect?

1 Like

Alright, thanks for answering my questions.

My generel idea was just that the messages got broadcasted in the chat once every 30 minutes or so.

1 Like

command

start “” steamcmd.exe +login anonymous +force_install_dir “J:\conan exiles\DedicatedServerLauncher\ConanExilesDedicatedServer\Conan Exiles” +app_update 443030 +quit

Would that be acceptable?

That would make it so much easier to maintain a mod list with old or nonsteam mods and will be appreciated :slight_smile:

1 Like

After the update today the server window crashes after 1 minute after i start it. I tried to upload the log file, but have no permission.

1 Like

The team has gotten reports on that, there’s a thread about it:

they are currently investigating what the issue is.

2 Likes

New version for you people to test:
http://cdn.funcom.com/downloads/exiles/DedicatedServerLauncher1021.exe

Dedicated Server Launcher 1.0.21:

• Player count is correctly reset on server restart
  • Disable the generation of the modlist.txt if the file is readonly and there are no mods in the mod list edit field
  • Added a “number of restarts per day” additional field

I assume that should be interesting to @phyire @Kron and @MidnightFC.

The multi-restart does not have a complete recurrence implementation, basically you just select the reference time, and the number of time it should be restarted modulo 24 hours, so if you select 00:00 and 1, it will restart every day at midnight, if you select 01:00 and 2, it will restart every day at 01:00 and 13:00 (1+24/2).

If you put 192, it will restart the server every 7.5 minutes.

No sanity-checks were done regarding the delay for the RCON messages, so if you put a restart every hour with a minimum up-time of 2 hours, it will never restart :slight_smile:

Hopefully everything is working fine, if there’s a problem, please try to be as accurate as possible in your report, and the app log can probably be useful :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks!!
explain what i need to enter so that the server restarts at 19:30, 02:00 and 10:00?

1 Like

Well, you can’t have these exact values :frowning:

Basically you have two parameters:

• The reference hour for one of the restarts
  • The number of restarts per day

the other restart times are computed from the first one modulo 24 hours.

So let say you want three restarts per day, you need to write “3” in the dialog, which will give you a restart every 24/3 = 8 hours.

If your reference time is 02:00, it will restart at 02:00 then 8 hours later, so at 10:00, then 8 hours later, so 18:00.

If you absolutely want 19:30 as a restart time, then set this as the reference time, the server will then restart at 19:30 then 8 hours later at 03:30 (19:30+8-24) then another restart at 11:30.

I did not have the time to do something more advanced, I was helping with the effort in finding why people were having issues with mods crashing their servers, etc… I hope it’s good enough for now.

1 Like

All clear. Thank you so much! I understand that the restarts are calculated for every 8 hours. Thank!

2 Likes

Good :slight_smile:
Please, tell me if everything behave as expected (or not) so I can validate these set of changes are valid and promote the version to “current official”.

1 Like

hey can anyone help out with getting this tool to find the server executable? im not sure what im doing wrong.
i had the server up and running fine for about a week then it crashed with one of the latest updates. after that, however, i cant get this tool to find the executable at all. ive updated everything, tried version 21. put this in that file, put that in this file, put both files in another file. you name it. i cant get this tool to find the executable anymore.
i must be missing something, what could it possibly be?

1 Like

I was only interested in restarts. I want to face the mods, then I will say what is missing

1 Like

Could you try something:

Make a new folder somewhere on your computer, and copy the DedicatedServerLauncher1021.exe inside it, then run it, and press the install/start button.

Does that work or does it also fail by not finding the server executable?

2 Likes

well that worked and now i feel silly. now i have another server running. so now i can just copy the game.db file from the old “Saved” file into the new “Saved” file and we should be dandy right?

thanks for your help, tool is great too.

1 Like

1.0.21 seem to work fine.

1 Like

This is correct, make sure the game server is stopped when you do that, it generally does not like the db file to be changed while it’s using it.

thanks for your help, tool is great too.

Glad you like it :slight_smile:

Good, I’ll promote it to official version on Monday… and if we are lucky, we should have an experimental new version with support for -useallavailablecores as well as setting processor affinity (at least candidate version, I’ve no idea if that will require things like admin rights, the UI will maybe be hated by all of you :smiley:, etc… ).

Have a nice weekend people!

2 Likes

Hello. I can not understand. How can I enable PVE-K mode on my server?

1 Like