Conan Exiles Dedicated Server Launcher (Official Version: 1.7.5 / Beta: 1.7.7)

As much as I like the Launcher, NPCs stuttering (or lagging, teleporting, or whatever it’s called these days) every time they move kind of kill the enjoyment. It’s not exactly game breaking, but I have to force myself to ignore it and given that NPCs are major part of the gameplay, it gets annoying fast.

I have ports forwarded correctly, tried turning off firewall, removing mods and starting fresh, it’s still there. I don’t think the problem is on my side, few updates back it worked just fine, even with firewall and lots of mods. SP is fine in this regard, but it has flaws of its own (like respawning NPCs if I leave the loaded area for even a second), I’d play in SP otherwise.

Or perhaps I’m really doing something wrong, so if you have any ideas for me to try, I’d appreciate it. :slight_smile:

One last thing, a request.
Would it be possible for the Launcher to somehow load the list of mods from a file (modlist.txt ideally)? It would reduce the time I have to spend transforming modlist.txt content into something the Launcher can work with (like “xxxxxxx,xxxxxxx,xxxxxxx,…”).

I tried again and still can’t connect to the server,it show “Could not connect to server. Your connection to the host has been lost.”

Sorry,This is a translation done by Google.
I’m use ServerLauncher 1.0.47
I want to display a message when player login to my server.
It is a message that is displayed when XP is 2X on the official server and so on.
Please tell me how to do it.

C++, not really a problem to access the page, but internally I’m using CUrl which uses its own internal TLS libraries I believe (need to check that), so that would not work, that being said I can probably explicitly call some of the IE based Win32 functions :slight_smile:

Thanks for the exhaustive list of pages, much appreciated.

Thanks, I added to my issues list.

Running the server with Wine has never been officially supported, and I myself does not use it like that so I’m not the best person to ask.

That being said, there’s some information on the Exiles Wiki: Dedicated Server Setup: Linux and Wine - Official Conan Exiles Wiki

And regarding the reason it shuts down, I would suggest to look at the log file for the server, it probably contains useful warnings or error messages.

What’s the configuration of your server? (operating system, memory, cpu, internet line, storage type, etc…)

few updates back it worked just fine, even with firewall and lots of mods

Well, there’s been the big FLS update, so probably related.
Do you have any specific log messages appearing that somewhat match the stuttering?

Please check my answer 4 days ago to @TwistedZB who seem to have a similar issue, I suggested disabling some log messages to see if that helped

I guess I could probably parse the file and find the workshop id of each entry and populate that automatically… need to see, added it to the list of requests.

W10, 32GB RAM, Ryzen 7 2700X, Cabled 120D/10U, 1TB SSD. I’m basically running it on my PC.

Except for the server status every minute, there isn’t much else in the log. I don’t believe it’s a logging issue, the game runs fine, there is a bit of a delay (like half a second) when harvesting stone/ore (as it was before so no surprise here), but except for that it runs smooth. Except for NPCs. They move as if they were trying to catch up to where they are supposed to be every second so they appear to be kind of jumping forward. I’ll try disabling the messages as you suggested and see if it helps.

Thank you for taking a look at my issue and request. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Here is a small new beta version, nothing incredible, the main change is the addition of tooltips to help people understand what does what in the UI.

1.0.49 (14 july 2020)

• Clicking on the game server path on the top now opens an explorer window to the location of the executable
  • Added some tooltips on the various UI elements to make it easier to learn the UI (can be enable/disabled in the Preferences menu)
    Dedicated Server Launcher 1.0.49

Here is what it looks like:

Quite simple: You have a new option in the “Preferences” menu to enable or disable the tooltips.
Please note that this option is global (will apply to all your dataexplorer) and the value is stored in the registry (in HKCU Software\Funcom\DedicatedServerLauncher => Tooltips).

This is my last week at work before a 3 weeks summer holidays break, so I’m probably not going to answer messages here.

What I recommend is that you join the Admins United: Conan discord channels which is where you are mostly going to have answers on all your questions and issues related to managing your own dedicated server.

Here is the URL again: Admins United: Conan - Discord for Server Admins!

4 Likes

The {reason} magic variable only shows “Server is scheduled to automatically restart every x hours” even if the real reason is a mod update. Both RCON and Discord webhook. Am I the only one having this issue? I am using Version 1.0.48

EDIT: This was first reported 7 weeks ago according to this post: Conan Exiles Dedicated Server Launcher (Official Version: 1.0.48 / Beta: 1.0.49), so I guess you are already aware.

1 Like

Yup.

So since I had some of the work already done, I made a quick new version which includes all the latest changes.

DISCLAIMER: THIS VERSION IS MOST PROBABLY BUGGY

Now that this is out of the way, here are the changes:

1.1.00 (17 july 2020)

• Hopefully fixed the {reason} tag being overwritten by the auto-restart messages reason
  • Fixed a case of crash or freeze happening if SteamCMD fails with an error (caused by ProcessMessage recursion when the error dialog is displayed)
  • Replaced the Live/TestLive radio buttons by a combobox with an edit field that allows to add and remove branches, with an optional password (pipe separated)
  • Added a similar combobox system to select a username and password for SteamCMD access to private branches
  • The modlist edit field now also accept copy-pasted list of mods that are separated by ‘;’ or ‘carriage return’ (from multiple lines),
    and will ignore the .PAK keyword (so “880454836.pak” will be properly detected as “880454836”),
    and parse folder names as mod id in some specific cases (like “…......\workshop\content\440900\880454836/Pippi.pak” will be properly detected as “880454836”)
  • Drag’n Dropping a modlist.txt file on the Dedicated Server Launcher UI will ask if you want to replace your mod selection with what is in the modlist.txt file
  • It is now possible to select between ConanExiles and Xxxx by changing the TARGET_PROJECT value in resource.h to either PROJECT_CONAN or PROJECT_Xxxx (Compile time option)
    Dedicated Server Launcher 1.1.00

Since I’m going in holidays for three weeks, I decided to release this version so you would have time to play with it and find the eventual (probably) bugs.

Some of the changes are not relevant to you - players -, they are for the actual developers at Funcom which have decided that the tool was actually kind of practical to run your own test server, but that required the possibility to access private steam branches, etc…

The good news is that this mean that the tool:

• Is now kind of more officially official
  • That I get more official time to work on features
  • And that most probably the next Funcom game will launch with a working dedicated launcher

So there you go, see you in three weeks!

You can try this version and tell me if it works for you.

Basically there are three improvements related to the modlist:

• The edit field copy-pasting of multiline texts containing one entry on each line
  • The dialog accepts drag’n drop of files called ‘modlist.txt’ and will parse and import them

Now regarding the format, the following will work:

but also this:

880454836.pak
897947497.pak
1159180273.pak

or this:

..\..\..\..\workshop\content\440900\880454836/Pippi.pak
..\..\..\..\workshop\content\440900\897947497/WoPPlus.pak
..\..\..\..\workshop\content\440900\1159180273/StylistPlus.pak
5 Likes

Faulting application name: ConanSandboxServer-Win64-Test.exe, version: 0.1.0.0, time stamp: 0x5f03673b
Faulting module name: ConanSandboxServer-Win64-Test.exe, version: 0.1.0.0, time stamp: 0x5f03673b
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0000000000002623
Faulting process id: 0x2c44
Faulting application start time: 0x01d65d0cbcf10ab9
Faulting application path: D:\Conan Server\DedicatedServerLauncher\ConanExilesDedicatedServer\ConanSandbox\Binaries\Win64\ConanSandboxServer-Win64-Test.exe
Faulting module path: D:\Conan Server\DedicatedServerLauncher\ConanExilesDedicatedServer\ConanSandbox\Binaries\Win64\ConanSandboxServer-Win64-Test.exe
Report Id: a1ccd7d3-c7dd-4c9a-bf46-ea254cce06e4
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

Hi, i have this problem with the server, it says i have 9999 ping on the listings and cant log in, i mark the multihome option andopen all the ports, the server its in the listing but cant log in :frowning: please help!

Faulting application name: ConanSandboxServer-Win64-Test.exe, version: 0.1.0.0, time stamp: 0x5f03673b
Faulting module name: ConanSandboxServer-Win64-Test.exe, version: 0.1.0.0, time stamp: 0x5f03673b
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0000000000002623
Faulting process id: 0x2c44
Faulting application start time: 0x01d65d0cbcf10ab9
Faulting application path: D:\Conan Server\DedicatedServerLauncher\ConanExilesDedicatedServer\ConanSandbox\Binaries\Win64\ConanSandboxServer-Win64-Test.exe
Faulting module path: D:\Conan Server\DedicatedServerLauncher\ConanExilesDedicatedServer\ConanSandbox\Binaries\Win64\ConanSandboxServer-Win64-Test.exe
Report Id: a1ccd7d3-c7dd-4c9a-bf46-ea254cce06e4
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

I have set up Dedicated server launcher 1.1.00 on my Dedicated test server. No problem at all.

@Toolguy How about a dropdown window that shows name of online players?

Hi Stinger, I also tried a setup with 1.1.00 dedicated test server and still get the same ConanSandboxServer-Win64-Test.exe has Stopped Error.

Sorry it took so long to get back to you. I had a personal emergency. Here are today’s logs. I checked through the last seven days of logs and they all read the same as these. A mod updated on the 18th and I was contacted for a manual update, and even in the logs surrounding that manual update, it reads that it found nothing needing an update.

DedicatedServerLauncher(1.0.47).2020.07.21 00.00.00-0564-pid2920.txt

DedicatedServerLauncher(1.0.47).2020.07.20 00.00.00-0479-pid2920.txt

Hi,

I have a little problem with the noticifaction about the server restart. I or my serveradmin did everything to set up the notification but it doesn’t show ab ingame or discord. what do you need to set up that the notification is working?

Hello there.
I have a little Problem.

When my Server restarts automatic then we get the automatical Warning-Messages 1-3 on Discord 2 times.

Looks like:
WARNING: The Server restarts in 10 minutes
WARNING: The Server restarts in 10 minutes
WARNING: The Server restarts in 5 minutes
WARNING: The Server restarts in 5 minutes
WARNING: The Server restarts in 2 minutes
WARNING: The Server restarts in 2 minutes

I think… 1 time a warning is enough…
But i miss something:

Restarted and Ready-Message

Hope you can help me.

Then: I scripted a Webtool for restart the Server by using MCRCON.
The only way i found was to start the command: mcrcon.exe “pshutdown”

The Server will shutdown. By the first trys the ServerLauncher starts the Server again.
But now it only shuts down.

Did anyone has a solution for this?
I used the exec-Command (php) and start with it a Batch-File with the shutdown-command.

Thank you (if you help me) :wink:

Regards
JT from germany

This is what I’m trying to do now with Multihome. I think my new hardware can handle it, but I haven’t figured out how to get everything to work yet. There are some things I want to test for and it would be very convenient if I could do it locally without bothering anyone on forums. I’ve been able to start the server, but haven’t been able to connect to it yet. I’m not ready to ask for help yet tho. I still have to sift through this thread and do my proper research first.

Have a good holiday.

*I got my server to show in the server list, but haven’t been able to successfully join my server yet. So I’m pretty happy with that tiny bit of progress.

*The issue I had was assumably a newb-tier issue similar to the bad handshake scenarios described earlier in the thread. When checking the ports, all 3 were always red. When I launched the game client, my server displayed in the browser, but when I tried to connect there was a ~10 minute wait before the client timed-out and reported the error Could not connect to server. Your connection to the host has been lost. I opened the log files for both client and server but did not see any “handshake” entries. The solution in my case was to change Game Client, Raw UDP, and Steam Query ports away from the defaults and log in to my router and create a couple Port Forwarding rules to open access to those ports. After doing this, port check was successful with 3 green lights and I was able to sign in to the server and create a character. I played for ~15 minutes and logged off the server and exited the client through normal means, after which I shut down the server.

Really though, is there some way to turn off logging to the Event Viewer? Between errors and warnings it’s spamming 500+ events a day, every single one of them about missing descriptions for Event IDs. No I’m not running any mods.

Not sure if this thread is the right place to ask, but I can’t think of a better place. When running Multihome, my ping according to the debugHUD has never dropped below 28 yet. Maybe this is coming from a place of ignorance, but I would have thought it would be lower than that. This makes me wonder if it’s an internal bandwidth issue. Is this even worth investigating? Networking isn’t one of my strong suits.

It works like a charm. Thank you, seriously. It might not seem like much, but this is a big one for me, thank you.

PS: Are the tooltips supposed to fade away after a few seconds? Would it be possible to make them show as long as the cursor is over the field/button?