Conan Exiles Dedicated Server Launcher (Official Version: 1.7.5 / Beta: 1.7.7)

Use the local IP address to connect. You can’t connect to the same public IP address you are NATting from.

1 Like

The map selector is finally in the version!

The reason it took so long is that there were some bugs found here and there, some missing features in the backup category, and the dedicated server and the launcher were not agreeing on the format for some of the data strings written in the ini files… which lead me to add a new ini file specially for the Dedicated Server Launcher.

While I was at it, I gave a shot at making the .ini file tabs editable, which may or may not work very well, but as indicated, this is experimental.

1.3.0 (21 september 2020)

• Added a combo selector to choose between the various maps that can be played on
  • Added a new “DedicatedServerLauncher.ini” file, with its own tab, for the Dedicated Server Launcher settings, to avoid conflicts with the server rewriting ini files
  • Moved the “Branch” and “User” settings from “ServerSettings.ini” to “DedicatedServerLauncher.ini” to avoid problems with passwords disappearing
  • Fixed an assertion related to the Steam Login username not being set in some cases
  • When changing branches, users or map, the launcher now clearly indicates the reason for the change
  • It is now possible to modify the ini files directly from the tool, use CTRL-ENTER to insert new lines, and CTRL-S to save [EXPERIMENTAL]
    Dedicated Server Launcher 1.3.0

Now let see the questions:

I assume that when you Test Port Accessibility everything is green?

If you are on the same local network, try what @Zabran suggested and use the local IP of the machine instead of the external IP.

3 Likes

It’s maybe not a dedi launcher issue, but it does occur with people using it.

There is no field to set the server files location. i have just updated from an earlier version where my files are all set in the root of my drive c:/conan/…

@Toolguy

I get there’s more pressing things in a mechanical way though consider some of those are also not needs, they’re wants by yourself.

As a user I am advising that an existing feature can be vastly improved. Is it a need, no, however part of the process is meeting user desire/demand.

How about a simple CTRL +F in the mod box, then we can at least find the mods without staring at it so long it becomes like one of those 3D puzzle images.

Some anecdotal commentary :
After the recent updates, about fifteen mods were corrupted (as they were not updated). It took hours going through and testing and checking, and testing.

Being able to quickly find and update the list would have been a huge help

I’m having this message myself, had it for a while, did not impact my ability to connect to the server, but just to be safe I’ve asked about what it means.
Stay tuned.

This is covered by this section in the documentation.

No they are not “wants by myself”, they are things that helped me diagnose issues encountered by other people.

I was not ignoring you, which is why in 1.2.5 (18 september 2020) I added a tab showing the content of the server log section about loaded mods.

This is not quite what you wanted, but that at least solved your question of “which number matches which mod”, since the number is part of the filename path, and with CTRL-A + CTRL-C it’s easy to copy the content of a tab to have it in another text editor.

Something “as simple as CTRL+F” is not simple at all, the simple way was to:

• CTRL+A + CTRL+C the content of the Mod List field
  • CTRL+C to a real text editor
  • Edit things
  • Copy paste back to the Mod List
    definitely not ideal, but you don’t have to do the edition in the tiny mod box

The reason I’m not evolving this thing is because that would be a waste of time, since the plan is to promote the mod system to a real list with reordering, display of update time and dates, status, enable and disable easily, etc… no point fixing the edit field, that would take hours better used for other things.

This is called iterative development.

1 Like

That did in fact work. Thank you for the quick help guys, I really appreciate it. I didn’t realize that I had to use to the local IP if on the same network even with separate host and gaming rig. How might this be effected if I enable Mutlihome IP? Also, other players outside of my network should still login using the external IP when Multihome IP is disabled, correct?

1 Like

Question for you people: 1.1.2 is still the official version, but it has some known issues (like the crash when loading older ini files that was fixed in 1.2.3).

For Siptah I pushed many 1.2.x betas, and yesterday version 1.3.0 with support for the map selector.

So the question is: Which version do you think I should push to Official status, has anyone encountered issues with 1.3.0? With 1.2.5?

Asking for a friend :slight_smile:

I’m using 1.2.5 and having seen any issue with it.

2 Likes

Thank you so much for getting back to me.

Everything was green when I tested port accessibility, but I did made a silly mistake when setting it up and everything seems to be working now.

1 Like

Yes, it has the option to always update during the restart or always update in a period that he sets to look for mod updates, where ite finds himself and does the update normally when restarting

1 Like

SERVER LOAD SLOW

I am using Conan Exiles Dedicated Server Launcher (Official Version: 1.2.5)

I have a problem, I have searched forever before posting as not to aggravate anyone lol.

I run a personal server on a i7 octa-core setup with 16 GB of ram on a 480GB ssd drive, all available cores selected.

My server when reset takes about 18 minutes to load up and to be able to log in, other problem is the high ping with 16 players or more (only players from my country can join).

The question is i keep seeing these message in the server window “LogClass:Warning: Skipping saved property BonusRecipes of ThrallInfo since it is no longer serializable for asset: FMemoryReader. (Maybe resave asset?)” and “LogPackageName:Warning: Please consider resaving package in order to speed-up loading.)”.

How to resaving package ???

Does anyone have an idea what or how i can accomplish this? or figure out why i am loading so slow. Before, the server loaded in 3 minutes only.

Any Ideas would be appreciated thank you.

Not able to find this elsewhere, but real simple problem.
The launcher loads great, however no matter what steam query port I specify, the game starts up with 27015.
The Game client port, raw UDP port and such are set and actually reflect the setting.
I also verified in the engine.ini file that the Steam Query port be set correct and it is.
So I am looking for the start bat (found one and added the query port manually, but did not change the outcome).
So is there any other spot this setting is? What explains why the server always starts with default query port 27015 vs whatever I set in launcher or ini?

It’s a bug(+). You need to add the following to Additional Command Line Parameters: -QueryPort=*****

(+) Toolguy edit: It’s a bug in the game server, not in the launcher, and the bug fix has been submitted, just not sure in which version it will be released

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback Wig. I see I should have added it in the launcher verses trying to find the actual launch script. Looks like that did the trick. Thanks.

So, by popular vote, version 1.2.5 is now the official version - replacing the old 1.1.2 -, but please give a shot at version 1.3.0 improvements!

:+1:

Do you have many mods?

Does anyone have an idea what or how i can accomplish this? or figure out why i am loading so slow. Before, the server loaded in 3 minutes only.

I’m not quite sure, but you could ask on the Admins discord, probably some people there have encountered this exact issue and know what to look for.

As answered by @Wigloaf , until the game server is fixed, you need indeed to use -QueryPort=xxxx

I am using the 1.2.5 launcher and am running into issues testing the port accessibility. I have opened the ports 7777, 7778, and 27015 in my firewall and in my router settings but it keeps saying that it was unsuccessful. Is there anyone who might know what is going wrong?

Since it’s 1.2.5, you get the improved error diagnostic message, what errors do you get exactly, time out, socket error, …?

Regarding firewall and router, I assume that:

• Your ISP allows for port forwarding (some makes it impossible)
  • You’ve setup a fixed IP for the server machine (so it does not change if you reboot)
  • That on the router you’ve forwarded ports 7777, 7778 and 27015 in both UDP and TCP to this fixed IP
  • And that on the firewall you’ve given full access to the launcher (generally to troubleshoot, I shut down the firewalls completely to be 100% sure it’s not a firewall on the computers or router that blocks accesses)

I get the error “Timed out waiting on data from localhost:7777 UDP”, “Timed out waiting on data from localhost:7778 UDP”, and “Timed out waiting on data from localhost:27015 UDP”. I have both TCP and UDP ports open in my router and firewall.

I used to host a multihome server a while back and decided to start it up again with the release of Siptah. However whenever I try to connect, the server will crash and I’ll receive this error:

SourceServerQueries:Error: SourceServerQueries Socket closed unexpectedly

I’ve tried to look through the logs but that is the only error being displayed. I’ve opened additional ports, disabled multihome, checked the server settings. Nothing is standing out and this was the same setup I had running several months ago without issue.

Any suggestions? Thank you