Conan Exiles Dedicated Server Launcher (Official Version: 1.7.5 / Beta: 1.7.7)

I cant manage to properly run the server (+ connecting, but not port-related)

I disabled firewall completely, i host server on same computer im planning to play, so ports shouldnt be a problem.

I tried without mods/with mods, new save, old save, doesnt matter, i always get spammed with:
“SpawnTable:Error: Data: USpawnTableComponent::SpawnNPCFromWeightedTable - could not find weighted table with id: …”
and many different ids there, Thralls, Wildlife, etc.

Pastebin: wLDD3ekG (cant give links so yeah)

Age shows ??? Ping show 9999

I and others have no issues connecting direct. 7777,7778 and other standard ports open. Server Launcher Green lights all those ports.

Server Information

• Name: The Lost FL
  • Code Version: 247381/26570 (Live branch)

hello I have a dedicated server with several people on it. It runs without problems but nevertheless in the errors tab it detects several that I would like to know what they are specifically. Can I send you the log to verify what all these events are due to?

ATTE MATT BARDANCE

Ok after beating my head up against a wall for several min, I figured that the port for rcon was not open like it should have been even after setting up the firewall right

After a bit i was able to see the port and all works as expected!

Not sure what I did, (running server 2016 and had dhcp and dns servers running) among other magical mystical keystrokes (no idea what i typed) but it works so im leaving it alone

1 Like

The problem was solved by itself. Was cured by a banal restart of the computer. I do not know what was the matter, maybe some errors are accumulating, maybe more … The server (hardware) worked for a month without rebooting.

1 Like

Ok, so a case of “Have you tried to turn it off and on again” :slight_smile:

Let cross fingers so things continue working :slight_smile:

I guess you can, though there’s a large chance that these errors are things most people have, Exiles has unfortunately a large amount of log spam that has not been resolved yet, the team has been working on that but there’s still a huge amount to go through.

That’s a known issue that the team has been trying to solve for quite a while, I know there are some fixes in the pipeline, that seems to be related to the client (or server, or both) sometimes losing the connection with these systems that measure ping and stuff, and failing to reconnect because it still thinks it’s connected.

Have you tried the “Validate install” button?
Could be some data corruption.

Regarding actual game errors, I can’t help: I’m not part of the Exiles devteam, not been for at least two years, imo you’ll have more chance asking on the support threads, or possibly to join the Exiles Admins Discord which has many knowledgeable people

Thank you so much for your reply! I never checked “test port accessibility” before, so I did…
Result:

1. desktop PC (the one I am trying to move all the server data): ALL GREY o.O
  2. laptop I was running my server on: grey for 7777 & 25575 (but according to port forwarding network utility tool 25575 is open too)

I tried to open port on my router (luckily the same one as the example, it’s asus one) & Norton, but it seems I am not doing it correctly since ports aren’t opening up.
So I tried to run my server again in my laptop just to relax, and… now I encounter the same issue as the desktop PC… forever in loading screen even though I can see it in the server list :sob:

Probably I did something very wrong either when I’m trying to open ports or when I’m copy-pasting server files (or both, very likely).
I will try to figure out at least until I can run the server on the laptop again, and figure out the port forwarding part… hopefully I can move the server soon though as my husband is taking the laptop for the foreseeable future soon.

Will come back here once I figure out the port forwarding! Thank you so much for your help, Toolguy:)

Perfect, to whom could I send the error events on my server?

Damn, that’s a bug, just tested, I broke something, the test itself is valid, the error message is valid, but it was supposed to be:

• Grey: Untested
  • Green: Tested and working
  • Red: Tested and not working

but yeah, if you did not have green, it means it’s not open.
The RCon port is not tested because it does not have to be port forwarded, you can if you want to RCon from another machine, but technically just having it working locally is good enough - at least if you want the server launcher to be able to send messages to the server -

You could just put the error messages you are wondering about in something like pastebin or some other text sharing online system, makes it easier to go through.

Just a minor release to fix the issue found by @mogeizo

1.3.1 (1 october 2020)

• Fixed a bug introduced in version 1.2.5 with the “Test Port Accessibility” showing grey instead of red lights for errors.
    Dedicated Server Launcher 1.3.1

Here is what the port testing is supposed to look like when it fails:

1 Like

https://pastebin.pl/view/f403f0af

Thanks, I took a look at the link, some of these were already flagged as “log spam” and may be fixed in future updates, but I can’t really tell you anything regarding if these errors are actually causing issues or not.

Good afternoon!

As for the missing messages on restart.
Unfortunately, I didn’t have enough time to test the various versions. All this time I was busy with work. There was no time for the server. Tomorrow I am still working, but hopefully on Sunday I can be more precise.
The players are very saddened by the sudden restarts. When a mod or server update is detected, the restart timer starts, but no messages appear. At some point, the server just shuts down everyone and reboots.
Maybe you can quickly identify what the problem is.

I didn’t quite understand how sending messages (manual) works. I tried submitting but no result.

Yeah that doesn’t help me at all. I have no clue what any of that means or how to do it. The step by step guide doesn’t work, I have no idea where I am supposed to get these files from because my server box isn’t in my house or on my pc.

Well, the main issue there is that your first message did not clearly state that:

Anyone know if you can set this up on a server that is already functioning, because I have tried so many ways to get this thing to work and at present it does nothing, it will not find the server, it will not connect to the server and it’s just driving me nuts.

The way I was reading it was that:

• You already had a server running, using some other tool, script or whatever, on some machine
  • You wanted to use the Dedicated Server Launcher instead, and were trying to import the existing server

Now when I read “it will not find the server, it will not connect to the server and it’s just driving me nuts.” I think it’s a just a big misunderstanding: The Dedicated Server Launcher is not some kind of control panel you can use to control some remote server, it is a tool that allows you to run your own server - on the same machine where you install the Launcher tool.

Could you describe what you actually wanted/hopped to do?

1 Like

Ah ok so it isn’t for all dedicated servers, just ones you run on your own pc. Gotcha. I don’t think you can help then. I wanted to use the server/Discord link really.

2 Likes

Has anyone found a fix for the steamCMD bug yet as per below :

@ [quote=“Hugo, post:1, topic:21699”]
@A: If your mods stop being updated, and SteamCMD displays errors such as ‘\src\common\contentmanifest.cpp (650) : Assertion Failed: !m_bIsFinalized’ then you are probably a victim of the SteamCMD bug which has been reported by many people for many games.

Some people are saying that deleting the appmanifest_xxxxx.acf in the steam apps folder fixes it, but some other people are reporting that the fix did not work for them…
[/quote]@

Any suggestions welcome as this really slows down the server maintenance process, having to first get the mods from a client device and then transfer them to the server.

Thanks

The problem was partially solved. Messages began to be sent.
For some reason, the password disappeared in the rcon launcher settings.
After I re-entered it, messages began to appear.

@Toolguy

1 Like

tried doing the normal way of setting up a server, found this beauty and decided to give it a try.
It just isn’t working at all. :frowning: would i be able to get a hand in seeing what i’m doing wrong?
i think it’s getting stuck on the ports. lights are all grey next to it.
Now i’m looking to be able to play it off of this machine as well, the notes weren’t all to descriptive on how to do this.
so i load up the launcher. does steam need to be closed for this?
either way, so i clicked multihome this will allow me to play game and run server on same machine?
by the notes, i’m not sure if i need to change the ports on the launcher. not sure on what other ports i could come up with to change it to if i need to change those.
any thoughts that could help me get this beast up and going would be greatly appreciated!

Still no solution on my side, that being said (crossing fingers) it has not happened to me this year.

Which version of the Dedicated Server Launcher are you using? Pretty much all the versions should be fine EXCEPTED 1.3.0 which had a bug where the lights stayed gray instead of switching to red (that was fixed in 1.3.1).

Anyway, if the lights don’t turn green, it will not allow anyone to join your server, only people who are on your local network.

To get the greenlights, you need:

• An ISP that allows port forwarding
  • Enable port forwarding on your router to let the internet traffic reach your router on the selected ports
  • Make sure no firewall anywhere is blocking anything
  • Make sure no other application uses the same ports

Now i’m looking to be able to play it off of this machine as well, the notes weren’t all to descriptive on how to do this.

If you are planning to play on the same machine that has the server, what I recommend is:

• Use different ports for your server (like 7780, 7781 and 27016 instead of 7777, 7778 and 27015)
  • Join using Direct Connect with the LOCAL IP (there is a bug in the game right now that causes issues if you try to use the External IP while being on the same local network)

so i load up the launcher. does steam need to be closed for this?

Not anymore

so i clicked multihome this will allow me to play game and run server on same machine?

It’s normally to get multiple servers running on the same machine, or when you have multiple network cards, this should not be necessary, but that generally does not cause any issue either: Just make sure that port forwarding is done on the right IP.