Weird, I’ve heard of “losing the password”, or things like that, but never losing it all.
So let’s start by the begining:
- Which version of the Dedicated Server Launcher are you using?
- Any reason why you are not pressing the OFF switch instead of closing the window (not that matters, just to know…)
- Have you setup the backups so you get a copy of the ini files, gamedb, whitelist, blacklist, etc…
Now, just to figure out if it’s the launcher or the server, one thing you could try is
- Click on the top line that shows Server XX/YYYY (path to the exe) to open an explorer window to the game server
- Click on the blue icon with a gear at the bottom left, to open an explorer window to the ini files
- Make sure all your settings are correct
- Press Save Changes
- Quit the Dedicated Server Launcher
Then, multiple time try that:
- Check in the Game.Ini, Engine.ini and ServerSettings.ini that all the parameters are correct
- Manually launch the server from the explorer window
- Close the white empty window
If at some point the settings disappear, then it was something in the server itself, not the launcher.
Edit: My game config was also reset to default, WTF???
Do you see any warning or errors in the game server logs?