Conan Exiles Dedicated Server Launcher (Official Version: 1.7.5 / Beta: 1.7.7)

A mod issue possibly. Two users have logs archived on pastebin (may 30 and may 17). Couldn’t find any kind of make-sense answer.

2 Likes

And this results in an even worse situation(why do I even try to help), of me finding that I need to ask if

• you meet the system requirements,
  • you have dome this

please verify the game files through Steam and make sure all of your drivers are up to date.

• And have tried disabling all mods.

Rip me, that’s too many ‘maybe’ related things all together.

3 Likes

Those DLLs are Steam’s SDK, I think. Those errors are due to that DLL located there not being in-sync with the DLL the executable needs.

There’s another version of the same DLL inside one of the folders but it’s also outdated, w.r.t. the version that the server binaries seems to need.

3 Likes

The problem is: I dont have any mod installed in the client nor in the server. I purchased the game 2 days ago. Just installed, haven’t add anything since.

2 Likes

Thats sound like the case, what w.r.t means? :laughing: Also, is there any way to findout which version the Server needs? I mean, the launcher did all the job. It ‘should’ be correct, maybe thats something to the app developer should look into near future, idk. Any insights on how to find the correct dll version?

2 Likes

“With respect to” :smiley:

You can ignore those errors, as I’ve seen suggested in other forums for at least a year :smile:

The server will work even if it errors out a couple of times at launching.

Problem is: Steam achievements don’t seem to be working (at least, from my tests… I don’t pay too much attn to achievements, so I haven’t dug deeper into it. Could probably be not related at all.)

There’s an updated version of the DLL in Steam’s own folder… dont know if it’s safe to copy over that one, or not… haven’t tried… in any case, the one from Steam’s own folder DO have that missing symbol the server is complaining about… but it’s a much higher version than the one located in the server’s folder… so, again, not sure if it’s safe to fiddle with that :frowning:

Sadly no, not for us, at least… Only way would be matching server exe’s imports against DLL’s exports and even that is not sure. That’s on Unreal Engine side (I’ve seen this problem crop up in several UE games while doing searches) or on Funcom side’s… hope they solve it at some point :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Well, I’ve pasted the updated DLL’s (from Steam folder) inside the server folder, replacing them, and the error persisted. Its just annyoing. Anyway… Maybe the Server’s version is outdated. Well, it seems we hit an dead end. But atleast its registered here TOO :grin:

Thanks Leeux and TheLOLxd2 for the help :hugs:

3 Likes

No worries man :slight_smile:
Hope you enjoy your dedicated server as much as I do mine… I would never go back to SP mode myself :sunglasses:

4 Likes

Its very fun and Im playing with a friend, so SP-COOP is not a very good option. Also, Idk why but sometimes when I open the server and try to connect at it, the client don’t show any other server in the list and obviously, neither mine. Is it also a known issue or Its just how it should behave?

3 Likes

That seems to be always the case for me… I have to connect by using the Direct Connect option personally.

Problem is, I’m using the -nosteam command parameter for the server, since at least for me, I couldn’t connect to the server locally if I didn’t use it… but, having said that, I haven’t tested this new application yet, and also, haven’t tested other options people recommeded me over the weeks either… just sticked to what it works for me, since typing the address at connect time doesn’t bother me much.

Also, forum is getting antsy because I’m replying to you too much inside this particular thread topic :smile: Perhaps we should open a new thread if you want, so not to spam this one? :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Oulaaaa, I was not expecting that many messages.

So, let’s dig into that: As far as I can see, there are not actual issues related to the Dedicated Server Launcher tool in what you posted, they are all known issues related to the actual game server, which I hope we can solve over time.

The procedure entry point ?IsAlive@CThread@@QEBA_NXZ could not be located in the dynamic link library

This generally triggers when the Steam client is running.

If you shut down the Steam client, then run the server, the problem should not happen. You can restart the Steam client after that and it should work fine.

It’s obviously something we should try to fix, but apparently it happens with other Unreal based game servers, so that may not be trivial to fix. It’s on my list of things to investigate and fix, because believe me when I say it’s also annoying me terribly when testing my own stuff :slight_smile:

Various log message errors

Some have been here for a while (the MatineeCam warning), some seem to be new, I will have to ask the team to investigate.

Perhaps we should open a new thread if you want, so not to spam this one? :slight_smile:

I wonder if the forum admin could move this entire sub-thread in another forum post dedicated to Dedicated Servers spamming log errors, but yes, would be nice if we could try to keep this particular thread only for specific issues related to the DedicatedServerLauncher tool.

Thanks.

5 Likes

I’m getting an error that Raw UDP is in use?

Edit: Was getting that error from steam being open.

Also, Multihome isn’t explained very well. Do you HAVE to use it to play and host the server on the same computer? If so, what IP do you put in? I don’t remember setting my old server settings to Multihome anything.

Also it’d be really nice if it could detect server files already installed. It’s kind of a pain downloading everything over again.

Man I gotta say. I’ve never had so much trouble setting up dedicated servers before. Every time I touch this thing, it takes a day or two to get it going right again.

3 Likes

Is anyone else having an issue where I can see the server running in steam, Conan Exiles, and I can connect to it, but my friends can’t see the server running in steam using “external ip:7777”? All ports are forwarded and green.

2 Likes

Are the ports forwarded on your fire wall on the pc itself? also try port 27015 or whatever you steam query port is instead of 7777 in the steam browser.

2 Likes
Snip

Selecting “validate server installation” doesn’t actually verify the install. It seems to only check that it’s up to date, ignoring missing/corrupted files.

I had to manually run a batch file to verify my installation. (ie; +app_update 443030 validate)

Could this option be fixed (or changed) to actually verify the install?

Edit: Turns out the way this verification works is not intuitive at all.

You have to check the verify box and then SAVE SETTINGS, after which it instantly does a verify.

I thought this would run on server load like past SteamCMD server managing tools I’ve used… but nope, it’s some obtuse thing.

Additionally, it would be nice if this could turn into a great GUI config tool like ARK has with the “Ark Server Manager” community tool. Editing config files (and without descriptions at that) is quite an ordeal, and even the more technically minded people would prefer to have an easy to use GUI… nevermind the novices. Currently, there doesn’t seem to be a GUI server manager tool for Conan Exiles… even after over a year of the game being out.

Edit: Apparently server admins can modify the server settings on the fly while ingame using the options menu. I guess this kind of makes a GUI config tool a bit redundant… though there’s still things not available for changing ingame.

Also… please remove the restriction on the amount of text that needs to be in the fields. Being forced to use a specific amount of characters to even save settings is ludicrous.

3 Likes

This may be a stupid question but I am new at this dedicated server set up. Can I play Conan Exiles on the same PC that I am running my game server from? When I set it up, I can direct connect to the server using the External IP but I cannot see my server in the server browser because my game client is accessing port 27015. Was just wondering if I had to do something different to get this to work?

2 Likes

@DevilDogFL you should have to only change the last number of your port slightly (eg. +1). Try again if you’ve done that and please tell me if it worked :wink:

2 Likes

Discovered another problem.

The launcher is for whatever reason saving multiple copies of the same exact thing over and over in the .ini files.

ex: there’s multiple instances of [ServerSettings] over and over with 1 or 2 variables between them… or none at all for multiple duplications. This happens for any setting header that the application touches.

I’ve had to manually remove all these duplicate headers and combine the individual settings under one, as they should be.

2 Likes

I’m going to reply to a number of people at the same time, but first remember two things:

• This tool was designed to make it easier for people who are not expert to start their own servers, it’s not designed for hardcore system maintainers that live on the command line to control their farm of multiple servers on multiple locations. If it works for that too, it’s pure bonus :slight_smile:
  • The tool is still in “beta”, so the more useful feedback you give, the more chances it will be like you wish. Think Early Access :slight_smile:

Also, I’m in holidays right now, so I’m not going to do anything until I’m back in August.

So, regarding the various questions from DAOWAce, Ysil69, SwampBewdy, DevilDogFL, …

Multihome isn’t explained very well. Do you HAVE to use it to play and host the server on the same computer?
If so, what IP do you put in? I don’t remember setting my old server settings to Multihome anything.

Multihome is not required, it’s mostly a way to allow people with multiple network adapters and/or multiple local ip addresses to more easily run multiple servers on the same machine. The reason it’s not explained very well is that it was a quick hack feature I added for Munra last week.

If all you want is to be able to run one server and one client on the same machine, the only thing you need is to use different ports than the default, because some of these ports are also used by the client.

Also it’d be really nice if it could detect server files already installed.
It’s kind of a pain downloading everything over again.

The idea is to not require to install the server at all and have the tool handle all that itself, it’s a hassle for people who already had it installed (that being said you can at least copy the ini files and game db) but if you already know how to setup your own server, you are not necessarily the target for this tool.

As for the actual way of implementing what you are suggesting, I would have to handle both people who downloaded the gameserver through the steam client and the people who got it from SteamCMD, which is apparently two different folder structures, I’m not sure how I would even handle that cleanly without making a mess out of it.

The launcher is for whatever reason saving multiple copies of the same exact thing over and over in the .ini files.
I’ve had to manually remove all these duplicate headers and combine the individual settings under one, as they should be.

It was to simplify the system by exploiting how the Game Server work: The server always rewrite the entire ini files, so instead of trying to do a complicated delete/insert on place, I’m just happening the new values at the end, and when the server is launched it rewrites the ini files as it expected it to be.

Is anyone else having an issue where I can see the server running in steam, Conan Exiles, and I can connect to it,
but my friends can’t see the server running in steam using “external ip:7777”? All ports are forwarded and green.

I’ve seen flakyness in the Steam server browser, where the server would appear and disappear, but I was always able to connect to it using Direct Connect in the game, have you tried that?

You have to check the verify box and then SAVE SETTINGS, after which it instantly does a verify.

Does it?
Strange, normally all the checkbox does is to add the option to the SteamCMD parameters so when you press the Start Server button it does the verify as well.
Maybe I broke something.

I thought this would run on server load like past SteamCMD server managing tools I’ve used… but nope, it’s some obtuse thing.

I’m not an expert in SteamCMD server managers, I did not know anything about it until I started to write this program, suggestions on how you would like the program to behave are welcome.

though there’s still things not available for changing ingame.

If you have a list, please share.

Also… please remove the restriction on the amount of text that needs to be in the fields.
Being forced to use a specific amount of characters to even save settings is ludicrous.

The rationale is to avoid people to save incorrect settings, or settings that would cause problems.
In particular, the server name, which is visible from everybody in the server browser worldwide, is in most people interest to be indicative of what it is. Without the restriction you get people calling their servers “1337” or “JoinMe”.

1 Like

I just registered to say THANK YOU! Awesome work!

3 Likes