Conan Exiles Dedicated Server Launcher (Official Version: 1.7.5 / Beta: 1.7.7)

Most likely a firewall issue - did you do a port test in the server launcher? you might have to forward the ports on your router.

EDIT
If you try to connect from the same network, you might need to use the internal ip of your network.

yeah I tested the ports all are green and opened up my firewall.

I am trying to connect from one pc on the network to another, what do you mean use the internal ip? where? Sorry this is my first time setting this up I followed everything I could find and have also found a few posts of people having this issue with no solutions posted.

Made a minor version with some tweaks reported by one of the testers of th Zombie feature.

1.4.4 (19 april 2021)

• The “Looks like this is an unkillable Zombie :'(” message should not be displayed anymore if the server was successfully killed just before
  • The “Checking if SteamCMD started…” should appear less frequently now
    Dedicated Server Launcher 1.4.4

If it works for everybody, it will replace 1.3.8 as the new version, if you found some blockers, please tell :slight_smile:

Because of some weird networking bug introduced in the FLS code last year, the servers are having trouble accepting connections from machines on the same local network, when their external (the one other players outside need to connect to) IP is used, so if your local machine is on the same network as the server, you often need to use the local network ip of the server.

If you type “what’s my ip” in a search engine, it will most probably answer something like “Your public IP address is 39.173.237.34” but if you open your network settings on the machine you will see the local IP.

In the launcher you can see that in the top of the UI:

“External IP” is the one players outside the building need to use, the other one is the local network address.

2 Likes

Hi Toolguy,
I have an uncommon server configuration so I hope you can help.
My server configuration is a windows 10 enterprise version 20H2 virtual machine on a Windows server 2019 HyperV host, on HP DL360 G7 hardware with a Sophos XG 125 Firewall.

Ports all show up green and the server starts for a couple of minutes then stops.

Error log shows

[2021.04.20-00.37.34:846][ 0]LogStreaming:Error: /Game/Maps/ConanSandbox/Art/Heightmap/Heightmap_x1_y5
[2021.04.20-00.37.59:544][ 0]LogNet:Error: LoadMap: failed to Listen(/Game/Maps/ConanSandbox/ConanSandbox?closed)
[2021.04.20-00.38.24:355][ 1]LogNet:Error: Ping socket bind at 192.168.202.5:8291 failed
[2021.04.20-00.38.24:356][ 1]LogOnline:Error: Failed to bind listen socket to addr (192.168.202.5:14001) for LAN beacon
[2021.04.20-00.38.24:356][ 1]LogOnline:Error: OSS: AConanGameSession::OnCreateSessionComplete(): Failed to create a session
[2021.04.20-00.38.24:356][ 1]LogServerStats:Error: ServerStatReporter: Failed to find address and port, NetDriver is null

There are no applications listening on those ports I have checked with netstat
I’ve tried configuring different ports with the same outcome.
Tried with firewall off and on with the same results.

I’ve not included the server logs as they seem to reflect the same error as the above.

PS. I have another game server running as a VM on that host and it runs without a problem.

Many thanks,
Candaan

Have you tried to run this server with all the other VM/game servers shut down?

Generally the “Failed to bind” happens when a port on a specific IP is already used by something else, in that case the solution is to other have another network adapter (that requires using MULTIHOME to select the right one), or to use a completely different set of ports for each server (and obviously redo the port forwarding).

In your configuration, which services are associated to ports 8291 and 14001? These are some quite unusual port choices :slight_smile:

So in the end I got it working by simply clicking the multihome check box.
I did a lot of other things but this was the only thing that resulted in a stable server.
Thanks for your help.

1 Like

So - a non critical issue - one of our admins is using desktop scaling on his 4k screen and the launcher has a fixed window width, which will make the window unusable if you try to move or resize it.

Which resolution are they using, which scaling level, and which version of Windows?

3840x2160 pixel, 200% display scaling, client windows 10, server windows 2016

1 Like

Minor fix to the 1.4.4 version, one of the testers found out that his server restarted properly 8 times, but as it happens, there was also a spurious restart caused by the clock (apparently) going temporarily backward for a second or so.

1.4.5 (29 april 2021)

If a few of you can test that this version works fine, and that the Zombie check behave as expected, please tell me, so I can promote it to new official version.

Regarding the ideal Zombie delay, it seems that on startup the game server (for this user) sometimes stops doing anything for up to about 1 minute and 38 seconds, so in his case I would suggest to not go under 2 minutes, but I guess it may depend on people’s mods, database size, etc… so I would be interested by the range of values you get on your own servers for this particular message in the launcher logs:

The Game Server is answering again after being Zombie for …

1 Like

Same problem here with window issue. It starts well, but with trying to move it gets smaller width cut the performance part on right. Strange why it gets smaller with any window change like move, but is ok on start.

Resolution: 2560x1440
Scaling activated

1 Like

@Kennbo @SailorSat I assume that in both cases, it’s machines with only one monitor?

I tried on my main machine that also has a 2560x1440 screen… plus a bunch of other screens, and I tried all the rescale parameters from 100 to 225%, but the truncation does not happen, possibly because I have more desktop screen estate. Can you confirm you only have one screen before I try to disable my other screens :slight_smile: ?

Yes, just one screen. Just tried to upload 2 pictures but I’m new user so cannot.

1 Like

Great job with the Zombie check Toolguy, this helped immensely!
Now if we could just break this old chestnut of mods not updating

The only solution I can think of, is to basically maintain a complete copy of the game data and mods on a separate folder, try to update that asynchronously on the side, eventually repeating again and again until it works, and on restart instead of calling SteamCMD, copy from the separate folder.

Regarding zombies, did you have that only trigger on exit (stuck restart), or did it also happen on normal runnings, with the server freezing while running?

How can I have the anti drilling system like the official server

You need to edit your ServerSettings.ini (you can access the location by clicking the blue icon with a folder and a gear on the left side of the log).

In this file, locate these two lines:

AllowedTimeUndermesh=-1.000000
AllowedDistanceUndermeshSquared=490000.000000

Here is what our documentation says:

The two following conditions need to be met at the same time for the undermesh killing system to trigger.

AllowedTimeUndermesh

Determines how long you have to be detected as being undermesh being killed, given in seconds. This is also the parameter that is used to enable and disable the system. A setting of -1 will disable the system, 0 will immediately kill a player, postive numbers will allow the player to briefly undermesh without dying. On official servers this is set to zero.

AllowedDistanceUndermeshSquared

This the distance squared at which you need to be from the first point where you got undermesh for the system to trigger, measured in unreal units aka centimeters. This is a measure to allow some more leniency towards players that sometimes spawn inside a big rock, so they can get out of it. The default is set to be 7 meters on official servers. Since unreal units are 1cm, the value becomes 700*700 = 490000.

Something to keep in mind, is that the undermesh system analyzes both the terrain and the meshes in the world, and some of the objects had to be manually flagged as “Ignored for Undermesh Detection” (that’s an option in the Unreal editor/devkit), because complicated meshes, or things like “single sided flags”, etc… could trigger false detection.

It’s not clear if all mods have been done with this in mind, so if you run a server with undermesh enabled, if a player happens to be interacting/be inside/under some incorrectly flagged element, they could get killed.

Good luck :slight_smile:

2 Likes

So I changed - 1 to 0, death has no official effect, it becomes random

I want the effect after the official version 2.4. Do I need to change the configuration

What I posted is all I know on the topic, sorry!

For details on how that actually work (or not), I would advise you to ask on either the Admin’s United Conan discord, or on the other forum threads related to gameplay features.

All right, thank you :heart:

1 Like