Conan Exiles Dedicated Server Launcher (Official Version: 1.7.5 / Beta: 1.7.7)

Hello i have problem my server not sowing up on list and cant connect with ip ports are fine external and internal ip are statick . launcher says all ports if fine . it sows up on local not on internet

I believe these are two separate problems:

• For the “can’t connect”, there’s a know issue with accessing the server from the same local network, so if you are on the same network, instead of using the external (public) IP, try the local IP of the server and see if that helps.
  • For the fact it does not show up on the list, I thought that was fixed, but apparently no (could be many things), so one thing you can do is to setup a discord webhook and have your players join it, when the server start it will say that the server is ready and can be join, so your friends can use “direct connect” on the specified IP and port.

See if that work, then we can eventually look at the details about why your server does not appear.

weird bug. I restarted my server like 5 times today (closing the white empty window and restart in the app). Last time I restarted the app wipe all config and return to default values. Why ?

Edit: My game config was also reset to default, WTF???

Weird, I’ve heard of “losing the password”, or things like that, but never losing it all.
So let’s start by the begining:

• Which version of the Dedicated Server Launcher are you using?
  • Any reason why you are not pressing the OFF switch instead of closing the window (not that matters, just to know…)
  • Have you setup the backups so you get a copy of the ini files, gamedb, whitelist, blacklist, etc…

Now, just to figure out if it’s the launcher or the server, one thing you could try is

• Click on the top line that shows Server XX/YYYY (path to the exe) to open an explorer window to the game server
  • Click on the blue icon with a gear at the bottom left, to open an explorer window to the ini files
  • Make sure all your settings are correct
  • Press Save Changes
  • Quit the Dedicated Server Launcher

Then, multiple time try that:

• Check in the Game.Ini, Engine.ini and ServerSettings.ini that all the parameters are correct
  • Manually launch the server from the explorer window
  • Close the white empty window

If at some point the settings disappear, then it was something in the server itself, not the launcher.

Edit: My game config was also reset to default, WTF???

Do you see any warning or errors in the game server logs?

Hey! I got quite a big server problem, I am unable to connect to mine, I have tried everything from changing my routers settings to my firwall, and your launcher reports that it is A OK , but when I looked at the errors it said MISSINg KDS passphrase or somthing like this. I am running a dedicated win10home x64 machine and yes I have multihome activated even tho I don’t play on it. I need some help please.

KDS error messages are common, and not always a sign of a problem.

When you write “unable to connect to mine”, can other persons outside your network connect properly?
If it’s just you on the same local network, have you tried “direct connect” with the local IP of the server?

I have tried to connecct via IP, and as far as I can tell nobody else can connect.
I can see the server in the server browser, but when I try it I can’t load into it. The ping is reported to be “9999” and the server age is not being reported.

1 Like

Do you see attempts at connecting in your server log?
A common issue is firewalls making the “handshake” to fail, the connection protocol starts, but at some point it fails and a time-out happens.

1 Like

I can’t find an attempt using control+f (looking for “connect”) in the newest log

Problem solved: It was a firewall issue.

Hey guys I seem to be having a strange issue. My friend and I have a private server to ourselves and have been playing fine for about a week or 2. I understand a new update has just come out too so unsure if that has anything to do with this.

Whenever I try to connect to the server in the server list it just says ‘Could not connect. Your connection to the host has been lost’ (I am the host and I am running the server on the same PC that I am playing on). I have properly port forwarded all the ports. I have attempted to update the server to the new conan update which seems to be all updated and have tried restarting the server. I am also running mods.
Originally my IPv4 address changed and all my ports stopped working but I have since fixed that and I am still getting this error.

I’m completely out of ideas and just want to play some conan with my mate :frowning:

Thank you to anyone who responds <3

What is the setup?
Are you both playing from outside, is your friend outside and you on the inside (same local network)?

Nah we we arent playing locally he is playing from his place and I am playing on the same pc the server is running on (soon to change). I seem to be able to sometimes connect directly via the IP and port but I still cant seem to connect through the server list which was just more convinent :confused:
I am also unsure whether he can connect or not, he hasnt been able to play lately but I’ll be sure to update once I find out whether he can or not.

I hear it is better to use ports 7778, 7789 and 27015 when playing on the same pc as the server, should I do this?

That’s unfortunately a problem introduced last spring with the FLS version of the game, on many network configuration the server is not able to translate the external IP when it comes from the same local network, so if you want to play, you have to Direct Connect using the local IP of the server, which is annoying for sure.

Regarding the ports, well, both the client and the server are using a set of port, and the first one started locks out the port, so using different set of ports is a good idea, yes, and that’s in the FAQ in the top post.

1 Like

Hmm ok that’s unfortunate but thank you for the information anyway it’s been helpful! I’m hoping it will eventually just fix itself and I’m hoping my friend(s) will still be able to connect through the server list.

I’ll get onto changing those ports too :slight_smile:

Thanks once again

1 Like

Doesn’t work. SteamCMD spits back an error every time.

Running SteamCMD
- Executable: D:\Conan Exiles Dedicated Server\DedicatedServerLauncher\steamcmd.exe
- Parameters:  +login anonymous  +force_install_dir "D:\Conan Exiles Dedicated Server\DedicatedServerLauncher\ConanExile
sDedicatedServer"  +app_update 443030 -beta default +quit
----- Started Fri 02/19/2021  0:35:31.76 -----
Redirecting stderr to 'D:\Conan Exiles Dedicated Server\DedicatedServerLauncher\logs\stderr.txt'
ILocalize::AddFile() failed to load file "public/steambootstrapper_english.txt".
[  0%] Checking for available update...
KeyValues Error: LoadFromBuffer: missing {   (current key: '<!DOCTYPE') in file manifest [offset: 14]
KeyValues Error: LoadFromBuffer: missing {   (current key: 'PUBLIC') in file manifest [offset: 62]
KeyValues Error: LoadFromBuffer: missing {   (current key: 'http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd') in
 file manifest [offset: 138]
KeyValues Error: LoadFromBuffer: missing {   (current key: 'http-equiv') in file manifest [offset: 150]
KeyValues Error: LoadFromBuffer: missing {   (current key: 'refresh') in file manifest [offset: 167]
KeyValues Error: LoadFromBuffer: missing {   (current key: '=') in file manifest [offset: 428]
KeyValues Error: LoadFromBuffer: missing {   (current key: '/><script') in file manifest [offset: 442]
KeyValues Error: LoadFromBuffer: missing {   (current key: '=') in file manifest [offset: 460]
KeyValues Error: LoadFromBuffer: missing {   (current key: '>url') in file manifest [offset: 465]
KeyValues Error: LoadFromBuffer: missing {   (current key: 'https://searchassist.verizon.com/main?ParticipantID=euekiz39
ksg8nwp7iqj2fp5wzfwi5q76&FailedURI=http%3A%2F%2Fcdn.akamai.steamstaticcom%2Fclient%2Fsteam_cmd_win32%3F1613270238%3D&Fai
lureMode=1&Implementation=&AddInType=4&Version=pywr1.0&ClientLocation=us') in file manifest [offset: 736]
KeyValues Error: LoadFromBuffer: missing {   (current key: '=') in file manifest [offset: 746]
KeyValues Error: LoadFromBuffer: missing {   (current key: '{') in file manifest [offset: 750]
KeyValues Error: LoadFromBuffer: missing {   (current key: 'w') in file manifest [offset: 753]
KeyValues Error: LoadFromBuffer: missing {   (current key: 'window,d') in file manifest [offset: 762]
KeyValues Error: LoadFromBuffer: missing {   (current key: 'document,e') in file manifest [offset: 773]
KeyValues Error: LoadFromBuffer: missing {   (current key: 'd.documentElement,b') in file manifest [offset: 793]
KeyValues Error: LoadFromBuffer: missing {   (current key: 'd.body,x') in file manifest [offset: 802]
KeyValues Error: LoadFromBuffer: missing {   (current key: 'w.innerWidth||e.clientWidth||b.clientWidth,y') in file manif
est [offset: 847]
KeyValues Error: LoadFromBuffer: missing {   (current key: 'w.innerHeight||e.clientHeight||b.clientHeight;url+') in file
 manifest [offset: 898]
KeyValues Error: LoadFromBuffer: missing {   (current key: '&w=') in file manifest [offset: 906]
KeyValues Error: LoadFromBuffer: missing {   (current key: '&h=') in file manifest [offset: 914]
KeyValues Error: LoadFromBuffer: missing {   (current key: '}') in file manifest [offset: 980]
..\tier1\KeyValues.cpp (2503) : Assertion Failed: Error while parsing text KeyValues for resource manifest

To me it looks like for some reason SteamCMD is trying to parse a HTML file like if it was supposed to be another type of files with “key and values”, maybe there was a network outage, and the Steam Servers returned a webpage with an error code instead of what SteamCMD was expecting.

There’s unfortunately not much I can do, my tool can only use SteamCMD to fetch files, and when SteamCMD is not able to fetch the files…

I tried to contact Valve to see if there was any outage on their side that could explain that (you are not the only one having these weird errors since last week), we will see how that goes.

Thank you for your reply, I’m on version 1.3.1, updating now tp 1.3.7 as I lost again all config.

Question to everybody around: Should I push 1.3.8 as the new official version, replacing 1.3.7?

Since I’ve been whining about this since it started, is there any information I can provide to the team to help them get this fixed? My whole household is getting tired of typing in the numbers to Direct Connect every time. DXDiags? Server Logs? Exact specs of the server and my client machine? I’ll find and forward them if it helps