Conan Exiles Dedicated Server Launcher (Official Version: 1.7.5 / Beta: 1.7.7)

^^ oh actually genius! Thx
I just have to link the server mod list to my own user mod folder! (copy paste my own modlist.txt to the server modlist.txt)

Mod WARRIOR Mutator for Conan Exiles id 1402835318 error download, how to fix that?

Running SteamCMD
- Executable: D:\Mojia Conan Server\DedicatedServerLauncher\steamcmd.exe
- Parameters: +login anonymous +force_install_dir “D:\Mojia Conan Server\DedicatedServerLauncher\ConanExilesDedicatedS
erver” +app_update 443030 -beta default +workshop_download_item 440900 1402835318 +workshop_download_item 440900 880454
836 +workshop_download_item 440900 1797359985 +workshop_download_item 440900 2169663966 +workshop_download_item 440900 8
64199675 +workshop_download_item 440900 1125427722 +workshop_download_item 440900 1369802940 +workshop_download_item 440
900 1369743238 +workshop_download_item 440900 1666355337 +workshop_download_item 440900 880177231 +workshop_download_ite
m 440900 1472647650 +workshop_download_item 440900 1159180273 +quit
----- Started Tue 12/29/2020 2:58:25.15 -----
Redirecting stderr to ‘D:\Mojia Conan Server\DedicatedServerLauncher\logs\stderr.txt’
[ 0%] Dang ki?m tra c c c?p nh?t hi?n c"…
[----] Dang x c minh ci d?t…
Steam Console Client © Valve Corporation
– type ‘quit’ to exit –
Loading Steam API…OK.
Connecting anonymously to Steam Public…Logged in OK
Waiting for user info…OK
Success! App ‘443030’ already up to date.
Downloading item 1402835318 …ERROR! Timeout downloading item 1402835318
----- Finished Tue 12/29/2020 3:03:32.29 with status code 10 -----
Waiting for 2 seconds, press a key to continue …

That’s unfortunately the same issue that @domyz has, and that some other people had, I never had the problem so it’s hard for me to reproduce, and when I asked people if they could try something they did not do it.

So what I would be interested in, is to know if calling SteamCMD again, when there’s a TimeOut, will eventually work after a while, of if it will fail forever.

So to anyone who has the problem, I need to know two things:

• How did you proceed to actually fetch the mod
  • Can you try to call the SteamCMD command the Dedicated Server Launcher is using, multiple time, and tell me if it keeps with time out or if it sometimes work

I took the mod id from steam and added it to the mod list, when steamcmd downloaded the mod it reported an error, I restarted many times for it to update it still got the same error. The other ids are working properly, I think the mod is so big that this is causing this error (1.8GB). Sorry for my bad English

Thanks for testing!

So the question remains: Why do some of you manage to download the mod (from the Workshop page?) while SteamCMD fails, if anyone can come up with a solution, feel free to share!

EDIT: Could you try what is suggested on this post: SteamCMD and Download Timeouts :: Help and Tips

Actually I think I figured it out… I was able to add “validate” to the end of the mod update and it seems to have resumed the mod download. Just have to repeat that process in my script a few times, like so;

workshop_download_item 346110 572277026
workshop_download_item 346110 572277026 validate
workshop_download_item 346110 572277026 validate

It’s a messy way to do it, as you might end up validating the mod a few times after it’s fully downloaded, but it’s better than NOT having the full mod downloaded.

Happy new year! I’ve been having issues connecting to my Dedicated Server. The server is running off a separate computer on the same network. All lights are green, steam is set to close, ports are different. My server shows up in the browser. Trying to connect gives me this:

Via browser: Could not connect to server. Your connection to host has been lost.

Direct Connect: Connection timed out! Could not find server.

Here’s a link to my server launcher screen: imgur(dot com)/a/qnzckgI
Network configuration IP is set the same as multihome

I can connect to other servers fine, a friend was able to join the server
Tried changing steam settings, clean reinstall, no anticheat, anticheat, tried setting modlist the same as server, tried no mods, tried opening DMZ, and more that I can’t think of off the top of my head.

I’m wondering if I’m maybe messing up which ip to direct connect or which ip for multihome, I’m honestly at my wits end, I’ve been trying to get this to work since christmas, I’m thankful for any help or suggestions

If other people can join the server, it means the configuration is 100% fine.
Most probably what happens is that you are one the same local network as the server, and because of an issue that the team is still trying to fix, trying to join a machine on the same network using the external IP (the one everybody else has to use) will fail.

Try to use direct connect with the local network ip of the server instead

And happy new year to you too :slight_smile:

I have a suggestion for the Server Manger, for people like me whos ISP changes there IP frequently, can you add auto refresh to check the External IP for better reporting?

2 Likes

That’s actually a very good suggestion, I’m kicking myself for not having thought about that.

Question: What happens when your ISP changes the IP and the server is running and people are currently connected, does the game suddenly stop working and you need to restart the server, what exactly happens?

Is you idea that I should, for example, check every 10 minutes, that the external IP has not changed, and if it has, post a message and force restart, or…?

1 Like

If the ip updates while people are connected they stay connected, so it wouldnt need to restart the server when the ip changes.

but what id love to see is the ip getting checked and if the ip has changed just a message gets sent via the webhook to say… hay the ip just updated guys… when you wana connect now please use this ip and port.

but the server doesnt need to be restarted if the ip changes… people still stay connected.

but just checking the ip… reporting any changes… would be awesome!!

1 Like

can someone explain where to put my backup file to revert the server back to a previous version

Having an issue with the server setup. I’ve got the ports forwarded on my router and firewall, and even turned the firewall off, but they won’t connect.

I’ve got a TP-Link TL-WR940N

I’ll see what I can do.

If you click on one of the two blue icons on the bottom left, a explorer window will open, pointing on the location of the ini or log files.

From there you can move up and you will see your Game.db files.

Restoring a backup is basically overwriting these ini files or game database files with the ones from the backups (same thing with the white list, black list, etc…

Here is where the backed up files are selected from by the launcher:

• “*.db”
  • “blacklist.txt”
  • “whitelist.txt”
  • “Logs\” SERVER_LOG_NAME
  • “Config\WindowsServer\Game.ini”
  • “Config\WindowsServer\Engine.ini”
  • “Config\WindowsServer\ServerSettings.ini”
  • “Config\WindowsServer\DedicatedServerLauncher.ini”

Could be many things, but the first one is: Does the “Test Port Accessibility” shows green lights?
Second, who are “they”, are we talking people on the internet, other people on the same home local network, etc… ? :slight_smile:

The Test Port Accessibility is showing all red and saying it is timing out. Hope I can figure it out here! Appreciate you being responsive! :slight_smile:

Well, as long as the test is red, you will not be able to get anyone to connect to your server, so you need to solve that.

Common issues are:

• ISP that does not support port forwarding (often because the put multiple customers on the same external IP)
  • The port forwarding is on the wrong local IP (often happens when you use DHCP, because the router gives different ips to the various machines, you can fix that by associating a fixed IP to the specific MAC/hardware address on the server)
  • Port forwarding only done on TCP or UDP instead of both (in your case you would have at least some green there)
  • ISP that have both a modem AND a router, on which both need to be setup for the routing to work
  • Firewall or anti-virus, either on the router, or the server, that blocks the packages so they never reach the server launcher or game server

Ah, the modem and router part got me thinking, that we have a line from upstairs running to a router downstairs. Prob need to forward that then, as well.

Cause I’ve got my firewall opened, even tried having it off, got them forwarded here. So, ill give that a try.

Still no go, very confused. Hmm

I sent you a private message.

I may ask why the dedicated server is lagging after the 2.2 update? We have a server on this program, the internet works fine, the server itself is the same, and the lags are as if the ping was around 600 ms.
Before patch everything was fine.

not saying its your issue but look into ipv4 pinning. i ran into an issue where i could not connect to my server and the ports were showing red but others could connect. i had to join via internal ip. the cause for me was my isp having the modem set so that an external ip could not connect to the same external ip(loopback).