Conan Exiles Dedicated Server Launcher (Official Version: 1.5.8 / Beta: 1.6.0)

Good morning, usage report version 1.0.46 with 01 week of use.
Normal restarting server when fatal error occurs when “Start server in not running” option is enabled.
The only abnormality identified so far is that when closing the server, it sometimes loops and does not stop. I need to force it to close with the task manager. This never happens in version 1.0.41
In one of these closings there was a blue screen in Windows 10 Pro.

Hey, thx for replying.

Your Comment with “how are you client and server connected” got me to google, since i thought errm that was a weird question, and i found out that in Steam (Top Menu) > View > Servers > LAN (I had to press the LAN and log in that way, and not like i have done via the Desktop Shortcut for Conan.

At least this got me to get into the game, so i presume since i had not changed anything since i werent able to login, to today, this must be the the reason i couldn’t logon.

So when i log in as LAN and well now it seems logic, that i should not try to login over the internet, when its the same machine, that i should just login directly on the LAN (DOOOOH) :smiley:

So thx again for the reply and help :slight_smile:

PS: You may (or i may not have seen it) state that in the FAQ that they should try to login that way, if they have problems. I have not looked into if i could put some info in the shortcut for the game on the desktop, so that it will login to my server directly when pressing it trugh LAN.

I added a NOTE at the end of the Server Settings section.

Hmm, no idea what could be the cause of that Oo
Could you try 1.0.43 and see if the problem already happened with this version?

Hi, I just downloaded the app today, I had set up the server and my friends were on it but I was unable to join server. I was running the game on a different PC then the server. Default ports 7777,27015 all ports open. I been playing around for a bit now wondering if I just need to change the ports, do I need multihome on even though different PC. Any help would be appreciated.

Could you try what was suggested by @Manniala in his post yesterday: Conan Exiles Dedicated Server Launcher (Official Version: 1.0.45 / Beta: 1.0.46)

It seems like you are having a similar issue.

Please don’t discuss cracked versions of the game in the forums as that goes strictly against our community guidelines:
https://forums.funcom.com/t/conan-exiles-community-guidelines-please-read/54375

There is no possibility to install an older version of the server, you just need to have your client version up to date, which is what Steam does by default.

Good morning, the loop problem when closing the server did not happen again.
The server again occurred Fatal Error and stopped.
As I have only 01 server I am running a .bat script.
If close “ConanSandboxServer-Win64-Test.exe”, the routine restarts the server with the “Start server if not running” option enabled.
Server is no longer offline.
This routine is repeated every 1 minute on the task scheduler.

Script:

@echo off
tasklist | FINDSTR /I “ConanSandboxServer-Win64-” > NUL
IF %ERRORLEVEL% EQU 1 (
taskkill /f /t /im DedicatedServerLauncher1046.exe
choice -c r -t 02 -d r >nul
start C:\Servidor_Conan_Exiles 1.0.46\DedicatedServerLauncher1046
)
exit

Good Morning.
Occurrence happened again:
Server scheduled to restart at 3:30 am.
You have a first 10-minute restart warning.
When the 10 minute warning appears in the game, the server restarts.
It just happened now after identifying that it had a MOD to update. When the first 10-minute warning appears in the game, the server restarts. When it went online, the second warning appeared, with 02 minutes left to restart. After appearing the third warning that was missing 01 minutes the server restart

Is that with 1.0.41 or 1.0.46?

I need to check the code, but normally when a mod update is detected, the system is supposed to “fast forward” the restart by going immediately to the first restart message, then the second, then the third, then restart.

I’m not sure I understand that:

When the first 10-minute warning appears in the game, the server restarts.

and

When it went online, the second warning appeared, with 02 minutes left to restart. After appearing the third warning that was missing 01 minutes the server restart

Is it possible that you have not set a “minimum uptime” value, so the server restarts, and then think it needs to restart again?

Good Morning.
My .bat script routine was off.
Detail of the last occurrence: I was unable to prevent the restart even though changing the time in “Restart daly at”.
Today I will keep the “Star server if not running” button disabled and just run my routine and see how the server behaves in general.

Good Morning.
Server version 1.0.46
You’re right, the “minimum uptime” is 00:00:00.
I always left it like that and never had any problems with version 1.0.41.
I’ll fix this and change it to 00:20:00

But a detail:
Yesterday I did a test to restart at 03:30 am.
I left 00:00:00 in the first restart option.
In the second option I put 05 minutes.
In the third option I left 01 minutes.
The server showed the 05 minute message to the players and did not restart

After online server he restarted every 20 minutes for 02 times.
I disabled the option “Start server if not running”.
Monitoring the server now

So, after Windows destroyed my second PC, I had to set the dedicated server up again. I use Hamachi for this, since Port forwarding won’t work for me. So I set the launcher to use hamachi, and my friend also used hamachi, but she gets “server not responding”, also my invites don’t show up.
Whe she tried to connect the log said: LogOnline: Warning: STEAM: Steam connection failure (I also got this sometimes when she had tried, but didn’t again). When I disconnected from the server I got: LogOnline: STEAM: No game present to leave for session (Game).
For testing purpose I have complettly disabled the firewall on the second PC.
If you ned further information, like screenshots or logs, feel free to ask.

Which invites are you talking about?
Hamachi invites?

Let’s summarize:

I disabled the option “Start server if not running”.

This option is only used when you start the Launcher, it has zero impact on restarts after that.
It just means that if you start the Launcher it will look if the server is running, and if not will beginning the update/start sequence.

I don’t see any valid reason of disable this option, except when you are testing stuff.

You’re right, the “minimum uptime” is 00:00:00.
I always left it like that and never had any problems with version 1.0.41.

I really think you should always have a minimum up-time value larger than your largest warning message (me I’ve set it up to twice as long). It makes no sense to restart the server immediately after it was started, except maybe if you are extremely unlucky and the game or some mod was updated exactly after you restarted it. It’s super frustrating when the server restarts when you just joined.

Detail of the last occurrence: I was unable to prevent the restart even though changing the time in “Restart daly at”.

Do you have a value setup for the “Restarts per day” ?

I left 00:00:00 in the first restart option.

I’ve to admit I’ve not actually checked recently what happen if you don’t set up all the messages. Normally they are just ignored.

Hello,
I’m running my own hosted server and i have an issue with Beta: 1.0.46, i put 3 message on server restart but they don’t show, at the set time server get restart but without players message, it’s a Beta bug, i put something wrong?

Have you setup/enabled either RCon or Discord Webhook? If not, the messages can’t be sent.

Sorry, I mean steam invites to join my game