Conan Exiles Dedicated Server Launcher (Official Version: 1.7.5 / Beta: 1.7.7)

So you’re saying a stupid question deserves a stupid answer? No one would want a tick rate of 1 or 1700, the tick rate is the server’s FPS.

You could try increasing the amount of data transferred per packet between client and server. My server runs smooth as pie on an old laptop but I usually only have 5-6 players on at once.

1 Like

@Bypass Troubleshooting requires you to double check the basics and that’s what @darthphysicist asked, a basic question, not a stupid one. I also made a suggestion, (since you have 1Gbit connection) increasing the amount of data per packet will increase your performance, and yet you tell me to go to hell. If you have all the answers already, and don’t actually want anyone’s help, then you don’t belong on the forums. Best of luck to you.

@BYPASS As you mentioned yourself, the server performance is not the best on the market, for various reasons:

• It is based on Unreal 4.15, a version where Epic realized that the network code did not scale well so they rewrote most of it after they started working on Fortnite
  • This is the first large multiplayer game made by Funcom using Unreal, there is room for improvement

Now, regarding hints on how improving the performance, this is not the best place to ask, this section of the forum is for generic help on getting people able to get their own server running, and the occasional questions about performance are fine as long as it does not escale into a long thread.

@darthphysicist is a long time member of the forum who has been helping many people over the time, he was just going through the usual troubleshooting because no two people have the same issues.

There are some discord servers such as the Admins United: Conan where you could ask for help, but if you use the same type of communication method as you have used here I don’t think people will be willing to spend time helping you.

Good luck

1 Like

Hi all, FYI, I edited the nudity level of my dedicated server(shame on me), the game’s Play Online mode became unable to run properly. At first, I installed mods with this wonderful DSL tool, and this dedicated server of mine ran great, with only a little lag but acceptable. Then, after I went editing the nudity entry in some .ini files, the game starts to report “mod mismatch” although no mod was changed during the process. Then I clear the mod listing from DSL and run the game with no mod, I was able to enter my dedicated server, the changes I made with .ini files works, but only for a short while before the game lost connection which never happened before the .ini changes that I made. Then I enabled the mods again but this time the game won’t even connect to funcom even in main menu.

I’m posting this just to alert anyone who might be interested in editing nudity setting with this tool’s files, that this could ruin your save. But still this tool is, again, wonderful. Helps a lot for SP mode player like me to enjoy a reasonable respawn rate game-world.

I somehow managed to miss this message.

Thanks for the information, that’s the first time I’m hearing about that, but I’m wonder if that could be a side effect that the nudity HAD to be a DLC on consoles in order to pass the acceptance criteria by console companies. :thinking:

You must be right about the console DLC theory because now it reminds me about 1 or 2 times of mine failure attempt that I had, the game did mentioned something about DLC, but I didn’t pay much attention. Anyway, it’s totally understandable business decision and thank you for the reply!

1 Like

@Toolguy
I have a problem with one of our servers. This server has a big database and need some minutes for restart.

We receive the discord message that the server is online, but the players can’t connect to the server until a few minutes later. I have programmed a chatlog in python and i noticed that the players can only connect after the log entry “LogLoad: (Engine Initialization)”. What method do you currently use for the online discord message?

I’m waiting for the appearance of the “WorldPersistenceDone” word in the log.

Just wanted to say thanks for the DSL, it’s appreciated. I’m in the odd position of not really being a player of CE, but am hosting a server for a group of friends, and it’s really helped :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback.
And yes, hosting a server manually requires a lot of work :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Thanks for ur answer. I checked our serverlogs and i found this:

[2022.11.28-07.50.37:092][  0]LogMemory:Display: Entered application state 'WorldPersistenceDone'.
[2022.11.28-07.55.25:589][  0]Persistence:Display: WorldPersistence: Found 234 alive characters
[2022.11.28-07.55.25:621][  0]Persistence:Display: WorldPersistence: Found 318 Server Population Recordings
[2022.11.28-07.55.25:621][  0]LogGameState: Match State Changed from WaitingToStart to InProgress
[2022.11.28-07.55.25:629][  0]LogLoad: Took 450.646912 seconds to LoadMap(/Game/Maps/ConanSandbox/ConanSandbox)
[2022.11.28-07.55.25:630][  0]LogLoad: (Engine Initialization) Total time: 457.09 seconds
[2022.11.28-07.55.25:630][  0]LogExternalProfiler: No external profilers were discovered.  External profiling features will not be available.
[2022.11.28-07.55.25:673][  0]LogNet:Warning: UNetDriver::TickDispatch: Very long time between ticks. DeltaTime: 0.03, Realtime: 448.65. IpNetDriver_0
[2022.11.28-07.55.25:673][  0]LogNet: NotifyAcceptingConnection accepted from: xxxx:5753
[2022.11.28-07.55.25:673][  0]LogNet: NotifyAcceptingConnection accepted from: xxxx:61067
[2022.11.28-07.55.25:673][  0]LogNet: NotifyAcceptingConnection accepted from: xxxx:64192

Between “WorldPersistenceDone” and “Engine Initialization” are 5 minutes, after this the players can connect.

I think that “Engine Initialization” might be a better choice. The problem only happens on servers with lot of buildings. On our siptah server that’s relatively empty, the timing fits and it doesn’t take so long to load.

1 Like

I created a username and used the | to create a password but when I run it, it tries to log in without letting me even type in a password and fails, says Rate Limit Exceeded. If I don’t put in a password it looks for one I hit enter and it says invalid password, I can’t even type anything, no characters show up at all.

This is what the log spits out when I have a password

Running SteamCMD

• Executable: C:\Users\Jonathan\Downloads\DedicatedServerLauncher\steamcmd.exe
  • Parameters: +force_install_dir “C:\Users\Jonathan\Downloads\DedicatedServerLauncher\ConanExilesDedicatedServer” +login jbryant **** +app_update 443030 -beta default +quit
    ----- Started 2022-12-10 12:27:18.30 -----
    Redirecting stderr to ‘C:\Users\Jonathan\Downloads\DedicatedServerLauncher\logs\stderr.txt’
    [ 0%] Checking for available updates…
    [----] Verifying installation…
    Steam Console Client (c) Valve Corporation - version 1669935972
    – type ‘quit’ to exit –
    Loading Steam API…OK
    Logging in user ‘jbryant’ to Steam Public…FAILED (Invalid Password)
    ----- Finished 2022-12-10 12:27:23.86 with status code 5 -----
    Waiting for 2 seconds, press a key to continue …

Where exactly are you trying to use that user/password, and for which reason?

Hi everyone i recently started a conan exiles server for my friends and I using the dedicated server launcher, my issue is when I click start server it loads and then comes up with this error

“Failed starting the game server located at C:\Users\danwo\OneDrive\Desktop\ConanServer\DedicatedServerLauncher\ConanExilesDedicatedServer\ConanSandboxServer.exe, got error 5”

Just set up a new server using this Launcher. I don’t want any external connections but I did set up the port forwarding through my router just in case. I do the “Test Port Accessability” and the first 3 lights are green. I’m just trying to access the server on LAN via steam with my son. When I click View>Servers>LAN I can see my server but when I click on it it says “Failed to join requested game”. I uninstalled the dedicated server app and re-installed. Not sure what else to do at this point?

I might had put this post at the wrong place so I copy and paste here :slight_smile:

It would be a huge QoL if the Dedicated Server Launcher could pull a mod collection. It is a tedious process if the server has many many mods and handle like one by one, specially when things go wrong and you need to identify which mod is which number when you need to make changes. It is less of a headache creating a collection and processing there changes like mod order or removing/installing old/new mods.

Can it be implemented in this tool? I had before a rented server and it was possible to do just that. The server maintenance was much more easier, faster and gave less pain.

Merry Christmas! :christmas_tree:

As indicated in the FAQ in the first post, it is not a good idea to install the server in a deep folder, or a special location.

Instead of
C:\Users\danwo\OneDrive\Desktop\ConanServer\
try
C:\ConanServer\

Depending on your network hardware/software, it may or may not be possible to use the public IP of the server when running from the same local network.

Try to direct connect using the local ip of the server on your network.
If that still does not work, test with the firewall and anti-virus disabled on both the client and server machine to see if it’s a case of some software causing issues.

If you do have an existing modlist.txt file, you can normally drag & drop it on the mod list field in the UI, and that will automatically populate it with the proper mod id or file path

1 Like

I mean to directly download from Steam all the mods that exists in a Steam mod collection. As it is now what is possible is to download by pasting in the launcher the link of a mod one by one, instead of pasting the collection link itself and letting the launcher identify all the mods in the collection and download them all one by one after pasting just one link [the collection link}.

Example:

<https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2876451254>

@Toolguy said…

So just create one in the game launcher. Move all the mods into the correct order for the server you want to play on, and start the game. This will create a modlist.txt file located in your install directory at…
steamapps\common\Conan Exiles\ConanSandbox\Mods

Then make a copy of that file and store it in a convenient location. Maybe call that one Cedars.modlist.txt so you can remember which server it was for. Best of luck @Chloe.

1 Like

Sorry, I missed the original message, for some reason I did not get a notification.

Could you summarize what the problem is/was, and how you fixed it?