Conan Exiles Dedicated Server Launcher (Official Version: 1.7.5 / Beta: 1.7.7)

have got a server up and running for my friends, but I noticed that we still have a tethering distance.

Weird, that’s not supposed to be the case, tethering is just there when a player joins another player sessions in co-op on his own game, not when joining a server.

Could you describe what you are doing, like the specs of the server machine and how people connect to it?

1 Like

Important: If your Dedicated Server Launcher does not seem to start after the big patch update of Exiles, check that your log folder does contain some humongously large ConanSandbox.log files.

I’m investigating the issue, but in the mean time I suggest you delete these files (or move them somewhere else out of the folder), if you don’t want the launcher to spend half an hour starting up.

Update: MisanthropicFace (on Discord) suggested a temporary fix to help with the problem:

If your log file becomes huge just go to your Engine.ini and add

[Core.Log]
LogStreaming=all off

to the end of it. Restart, problem solved. Thank me later ~

Update of the update: Xevyr (also on Discord) is saying this is wrong and instead should be using one of the many levels defined in the Unreal code, such as.

and so should do that instead:

[Core.Log]
LogStreaming=NoLogging

I have no idea, so there you go, fight!

1 Like

New version for you people, quite a lot of changes inside, but at some point you have to release things so they can be tested.

1.5.0 (23 august 2021)

• First version of the build in webserver page, allowing to see basic information about the game server, as well as Starting, Stopping and Restarting it.
  • Optimized the loading of the log files to speed up the launcher start up time when having to parse gigabytes large files
    Dedicated Server Launcher 1.5.0

For the web part, you can refer to what I posted last week it still works the same.

For the large log files, it’s not going to make the launcher start instantaneously, but in my tests with a large 1.5GB file the startup time has gone from 12 minutes to 30 seconds, but the real solution is to not have these huge files in first place. :scream_cat:

Feedback (good or bad) is welcome.

1 Like

Great, thanks a lot for your updates. :slight_smile:

Just a pity the issue on scaling resolutions still exists with moving window (it cuts the right part of program, it ends with “select” button so Performance column is gone means also the start/stop button is not visible in that case). It’s just a bit of annoying because minimize window has the same result with getting back to screen or try to resize window. Maybe just because of annoying and because of low part of users with scale setting it’s low prio for sure.

1 Like

I tried to fix it, trust me on that, I did manage to reproduce the issue, I did manage to fix it, but that broke something else. There’s must be something buggy in the win32 gui mini-framework I’m using, which predates the windows high-dpi support, and so far I’ve not found the cause of it.

2 Likes

There was apparently an issue with the “server ready” message being sent again and again in some conditions, so hopefully this one fixes the issue:

1.5.1 (24 august 2021)

• Fixed a problem with the log file loading which in some cases would trigger a full reloading of the log, resulting in redisplaying the “server ready” message
  • Fixed the initial values of the karma points and backup trim duration
    Dedicated Server Launcher 1.5.1
1 Like

Web page is looking snazzy! I noticed that the Web Page Port light isn’t lighting up on 1.5.1 even when forwarded and tested. Not a huge deal, the port still works, but the icon remains grey.

2 Likes

Yeah, I basically copy-pasted the code used for the other ports… but obviously that can’t work, because the other ports are used by the game server, so they are free to use by the launcher when the server is not running.

The web port on the other hand, is used by the launcher itself, and the check is done only if “enabled” is checked… which means the port is already in use, so it fails.

I need to change the logic to use the actually running web server to see if it receives the external request.

Not critical, so adding that to the list of things I’ll do when I do a second pass of work on the web page.

Thanks for pointing it out :slight_smile:

1 Like

According to log my server crashes

Great tool been useing it for years but had to change from a normal desktop i7 pc to a rack mounted Dual Xeon server

The problem right now is that windows 10 home is nice and when the computer reboots for what ever reason in the start menu i have the launcher linked so it will just startup the program and that will on its turn ofcourse run the Conan server

Now with the new system i have Windows server 2019 and i installed the Launcher in there as a service with SC command
It starts fine goes to steam also and then boots up the Conan Server BUT the launcher will not restart the server every day because it doesnt stay online but only starts once

Any idea or some way of fixing it without me loggin in to the machine every morning

Best regards Thewishmaster

Why are you installing the launcher as a service?
There’s an option in the Preferences to automatically start the launcher when the machine is restarted:

It starts fine goes to steam also and then boots up the Conan Server BUT the launcher will not restart the server every day because it doesnt stay online but only starts once

Not sure I understand the sentence, normally if you have “Start server if not running”, the launcher will always attempt at starting the server if it’s not running.

The problem with that setting is it doesnt work on windows server 2019 plus you need to login to the desktop before anything starts up like this
Services work even if you login or not

Interesting, did not know that this did not work in Windows Server 2019.

This part I don’t understand.

So the launcher starts, it patches and run the server… and then what happens exactly? What do you mean by “it doesnt stay online” is it a reference to the game server, the launcher?

Yeah I’ve been using a bat file executed by windows schedule manager thing to close the conan server window before the shutdown but it’s weirdly unreliable? It’s hard to work out what i’m doing wrong, i’m better with a lot of lower level stuff. Would it be too much to ask for a scheduled shutdown feature? Just a suggestion i’m sure it would be useful for more than just me i feel.

I guess it depends of how complex you want it.

I do have a “Restart daily at”, I could add a “Shut down daily at”, so basically with the existing stuff you could say that you want the server to start at 8 am, have “2 restarts per-day” to make it restart at “14:00” and then have it shut down at 22:00, and it would stay off from 22:00 to 08:00.

That’s on the ok range of complexity.

Now, if you also want a complete calendar system where you want to specify that the server should run the entire saturday and sunday, but be totally off on Christmas and 4th of July, that’s a totally different thing :slight_smile:

I just created another thread, but it was suggested I cross post here. Using IPV6 to host a private server?

Does the server launcher support hosting over IPV6?

I don’t have a public IPV4 from my isp that I can port forward. I’d have to pay a monthly fee for that.

I do have IPV6 support, which is publicly addressable - I’ve been doing reddit and forum searches but I can’t seem to find anything if I can host a server via ipv6…

So simple question - is it possible?

If it is, is there instructions anywhere? I’m new to Conan, so any help is appreciated. I have the dedicated server launcher downloaded but I can’t seem to ask it to not default to IPV4. Was hoping to create a server to host a game for my buddies once a week.

thanks!

1 Like

I answered on your original post, because there’s no point making sure the launcher works fine in IPV6 if the game itself does not work.

What you could do is just try, and see if that works or not, and then we can check what we can do from there.

Since our dedicated server has multiple ips we have problems with this function. This message comes several times a day and often in a row (version 1.4.6)
Screenshot_1

Additionally it would be good if there is a message when the server is restarted through zombie check or that a crash was detected.

Does the actual IP number you covered changes to different values, or is it like the launcher did not manage to get a proper IP and reported that.

Basically the ???.???.???.??? means that there was an error or a time out when trying to contact the external server which returns the IP, which may indicate a problem with the network or ISP (or the external server).

I guess one thing I could do is to modify the code so the change is only reported if there is a valid IP, and else just log in the launcher logs that “could not fetch the external ip” or something like that, so you would know there is an issue, but that would not be reported to the players.

The IP doesn’t change in this case. 2-3 ips are entered in the network interface at your dedicated server. This message come very sporadically, at that moment nothing was changed or similar.

This is a good solution and i would be glad if it could be implemented.

1 Like