Conan Exiles Dedicated Server Launcher (Official Version: 1.7.5 / Beta: 1.7.7)

Hello Toolguy ,

i run a private dedicated windows conan exiles server. So far all runs good but the blacklist.txt and whitelist.txt not working.

In the server log i have the following entries:

020.08.03-04.00.40:083][ 0]ConanSandbox:Display: AServerBlacklist::LoadSettings(): Blacklist file D:/Conan/DedicatedServerLauncher/ConanExilesDedicatedServer/ConanSandbox/Saved//blacklist.txt does not exist
[2020.08.03-04.00.40:083][ 0]ConanSandbox:Display: AServerBlacklist::LoadSettings(): Whitelist file D:/Conan/DedicatedServerLauncher/ConanExilesDedicatedServer/ConanSandbox/Saved//whitelist.txt does not exist

The blacklist.txt file exist i think the problem is the double // but i can not change it. I use the Conan Exiles - Dedicated Server Launcher 1.0.49 on a german windows 10

Thanks

Did some quick test, even with // it worked here.

Dumb question: By default Windows machines are setup to hide extensions, are you sure your file is not called “whitelist.txt.txt” instead of “whitelist.txt” ?

1 Like

Hi there,

Hopefully this is a simple issue but I’m failing to solve it myself despite a day of trying; I’m hoping the solution is simple and I’m just missing it.

All ports are forwarded in my router, and all ports are passing the dedicated launcher port test and yet I cannot find my server, nor can I direct connect to it. The server does not respond in anyway and the connection times out.

I know the server is running as I am able to connect to it internally from 2 machines and play normally, but it’s blissfully unaware of any external connection attempts.

I’m running both server and client from the same machine with the multihome function enabled.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Edit: Reading up I see bbtech seems to have had a very similar issue, and I too can see my server in the server list and joining there does the same long hang before timing out with a lost connection; I have already moved my ports from the default ports and forwarded them in the router - No joy. :frowning:

What would help is if you could do a fresh start of the server and provide three log files:

• One from your internal connection from one of the machines that can play normally
  • One from one of a machine that tries to connect and then times out
  • One from the game server itself showing what happened during the whole time when people tried to connect (and succeeded or failed).

Well, at least my reply edit worked, even if your server doesn’t. I wanted the problem and solution to be contained inside one post in case someone else had the same issue.

@Toolguy Logs sent

@bbtech So glad it worked, just struggling here - The missus has been waiting to play anything again since we had our first baby (now 14 months) and this is our favourite sandbox, never been an issued, hosted many times over past years and then… BOOM! :frowning:

1 Like

RECAP of hosting multiple Conan Exiles servers with Dedicated Server Launcher

I have only been playing CE for about 5 weeks, so still learning. Started off with my own dedicated server (plenty experience with other games) for friends and family. Toolguy, I was delighted to see that you had created the Dedicated Server Launcher. You are doing an awesome job on this tool and helping the CE community here. The work you are doing here is invaluable.

I’m looking to spin up a second CE server (new map, different mods, etc.) and wanted to make sure I understand what is needed. Also wondering if I should start using the newest version of Dedicated Server Launcher or if it would be safer to use 1.0.48.

Hosting multiple Conan Exiles dedicate servers on one computer

Note: “Dedicated server” meaning that the computer will be used only as a server and you will not be playing Conan Exiles on the same computer.

• Server must have two network adapters, physical or virtual, with two different local IP addresses.
  • On dedicated (game itself is not run on this computer) Windows server have two different folders for the two different servers that will be hosted. Example:
    • C:\CEServer1
    • C:\CEServer2
  • Separate instances of “Dedicated Server Launcher” in each of the folders.
  • Launch “Dedicated Server Launcher” from the folder of the first CE server. Install and set up (see start of this blog) of first CE server. Leave ports as default or change if desired. Check “Multihome” and select one of the two IP addresses.
  • Launch “Dedicated Server Launcher” from the folder of the second CE server. Install and set up (see start of this blog) of first CE server. Configure ports so that they are different than what is used on first CE server. Check “Multihome” and select the other IP address.
  • Configure port forwarding on router for all ports to respective local IP addresses.

v1.1.0
Since a new testlive patch was released today, I tested the dropdown menu to select between running a live server and testlive. The launcher issued a confirmation dialogue. I started the server in testlive mode, the patch was downloaded automatically with no complaints observed, and the Testlive client was required to connect with the server.

Sorry if this seems too trivial of a thing to report a success, but you said it was new to the UI, so I wanted to give the feedback.

Did the router replacement reliably helped, or do you still have the issue happening?

Thanks for the feedback, always appreciated. Regarding the versions to use, I do need people to test versions to see if they behave as expected, the way the system is designed you can just have the two Dedicated Server Launcher executables side by side in the same folder, and without even stopping your server you can close the first launcher and try the new one, which normally should pickup things where they are, detect the proper running server, get the right settings, etc…

Basically there is no QA team on the server launcher, it’s me testing on my own server, deploying here as “new beta”, you people, are my QA team :slight_smile:

[Also, that’s pretty much impossible to test reliably considering the number of hardware and software configurations out there, different routeurs, servers, people running on the hardware other in VM, etc…]

Feedback is good!

Hi~It’s me again, the Chinese private server owner who doesn’t know English.
I asked a question about how to modify the PVE display of the server before, because I couldn’t find where to reply, so I couldn’t thank you for your reply in time.
Today, I used the translation software again, because I have new problems.
Recently, I found that my server often can’t find keywords.
Players can only join through IP.
But usually the next time the server restarts, the problem disappears.
In other words, every time the server restarts, it may cause problems or disappear.
I can’t understand why this is happening, and it’s not just my server, it’s also my friend’s server.
The server is normally turned on, players can also enter through IP, but can not search for keywords.
Also, the server name cannot be displayed correctly in the ESC menu.
At first, I thought it was because I used the Chinese server name, but after changing it to English, the server still had this problem.
So I had to come here for help.
Thank you for taking the time to answer my questions. Thank you very much!

Hello again Chinese private server owner who does not know English :slight_smile:
(If that can make you feel better, there are many German, Russian and French people who do the same, and that’s fine, but it works better for them because their language is closer to English than asian languages)

Recently, I found that my server often can’t find keywords.

That’s where automatic translation becomes a problem: I’m pretty sure it’s not what you were actually asking, so just to be sure, are you talking about “My server cannot be found using the box to search by name”?

Hopefully @FITOO2020 replies to clear up any confusion, but that’s how I interpreted his post. Direct Connect works reliably, but the server being listed in the browser is intermittent. Again, only my interpretation.

So, with the team now using the tool, I get some change requests, so here is a new version for you (and I’ll push 1.1.1 as the new official version since I got no negative feedback about it).

1.1.2 (28 august 2020)

• Moved the “Additional Command line parameters” before all the other parameters (‘-MULTIHOME’, ‘-useallavailablecores’, ‘-MaxPlayers’) to allow passing things like custom map names which apparently need to appear first in the list
  • Added some magic tokens to the Discord messages:{steamconnect_nopassword}, {ip}, {game_port}, {steam_port}, {rcon_port}, {server_password}, {admin_password}, {rcon_password}
    Dedicated Server Launcher 1.1.2

IMPORTANT: This version was built differently from the previous versions (which I did locally on my machine), that one (and future ones) was built using our automatic internal build/deployment system, which in theory should give the same result, but you never know, if you encounter any issue, please tell.

Regarding the new magic tokens, please use common sense and don’t use {admin_password} or {rcon_password} on a public discord :slight_smile:

Somebody was asking for a {directconnect} token, I did not do that but you can make your own using a combination of {ip}:{game_port} and {server_password}.

It’s been working reliably for me, at least when I remember to check the “Show modded servers” box. Also there’s a known bug in the name filter edit field where what you see is not necessarily what’s there if you’ve done some mistakes and used backspace (I was told there was a fix coming for that one).

1 Like

Sometimes my server name doesn’t appear in the list, and it doesn’t show up in the recent list.
But after the server restarts, it may return to normal.
Similarly, if it is normal before it restarts, it may become abnormal after a restart.
Players can’t find the server by searching keywords, they can only connect to IP directly.
I’m not sure you can understand what I mean.

Sometimes my server name doesn’t appear in the list, and it doesn’t show up in the recent list.
But after the server restarts, it may return to normal.
Similarly, if it is normal before it restarts, it may become abnormal after a restart.
Players can’t find the server by searching keywords, they can only connect to IP directly.
I’m not sure you can understand what I mean.

Hello, I have created a server through this program. I go to it without any problems (probably because I am on the same local network) after a FRIEND sends a password to the server, it prompts for a password and not a long download and after a lousy crash into the main one every time. I would like to know how you can solve this problem ???

Hope this is the right place to post this. I was able to use the DedicatedServerLauncher.exe to create the server, and it launched the first time without an issue. After closing the server, the DedicatedServerLauncher*.exe will not launch. The .TXT file says “We got a fatal error. Reporting and quitting.” The server will launch using the StartServer.bat.

I’m not sure how to attach files, otherwise I would. Is there any way for me to be able to read the .DMP file?

Thanks for any help.

I see, that could be a problem with the server, but also with the back-end system that registers which server is up and running.

What would be interesting is to see two complete server logs:

• One when the server starts well and is visible
  • One when the server is not visible in the server list

Maybe in the logs there are things like error messages about connecting to some funcom servers, if you could send me that (complete logs please), I could take a look.

I’m not sure I understand this part:

it prompts for a password and not a long download and after a lousy crash into the main one every time

From what I understand, your friend tries to connect (using Direct Connect, or from the Server List?), he enters the server password, then not sure what “long download” is (could be the loading page, could be the server asking your friend to update a mod list?), and “louse crash into the main one”, is it an actual crash (of what, the game client, the game server, the server launcher?) or do you mean that your friend’s connection fail and he is back to the game main menu page?

That’s actually interesting, your are the first person to report an actual crash of the server launcher, so yes I’m very interested by your crash dump, and by which version of the dedicated server launcher you are using, as well as information about where you installed the launcher, which version of Windows (actually a DX Diag report would be nice if you can).

For sharing the DMP file, there are plenty of temporary online sharing systems you can use (places where you upload a file, you get an anonymous link valid from 24 hours to a few days, and then it gets deleted).

I created a server through Conan Exiles Dedicated Server seems to work and I can log in to it normally (probably because in one network) but when others come to it, first there is a long loading then the usual loading and then goes to the main menu. I would like to know how to solve the problem ?

In general this type of problem can be caused by:

• The ISP is doing things like multiplexing lines so the same IP maps to multiple customers.
  • People who have both a Modem and Router, that both require to be setup properly.
  • Incorrect port forwarding (not all the ports, opening UDP for TCP ports and vice versa, forwarding to the wrong IP, …)
  • Firewall that blocks transmission in one or both directions, leading to “handshake” on the connection to not happen properly.

What I suggest in general is to:

• Make sure the IP of the machine is fixed on the router (ie: No DHCP, that guarantees the IP never changes when the server or router is restarted)
  • Check that all three import ports (Game Client, Raw UDP, Steam Query) are properly forwarded to the correct IP and are not the same as anything else running on the same machine (important if you try to run both the game client and server on the same machine)
  • Check that “Test Port Accessibility” button returns everything green
  • Disable all the firewalls temporarily (on the machine itself, router, modem, friends machine, etc…) to see if that helps

If that still does not work, then the next step is to look in log files, both on the server and client, to see where the connection attempt fails.

Obviously, if a loading screen appears, it means that the server detected the attempt at connecting, but then at some point it failed, either because of a version problem, incompatible mods, or some timeouts during the connection process.

It’s unfortunately hard to diagnose, because there are many parts that can fail, and it’s hard to identify which one is actually causing the issue.