Conan Exiles is releasing on Epic Games Store and Funcom Steam Summer Sale until July 9! (Updated July 2, 2020)

I am Over reacting?, you say you don’t care yet argue the numbers , obfuscates everything with stat averages you can, then go onto say the game has been worse and increased its player-base before, I only asked a simple question, why? why a dip around these patches?

I am not even sure at this point what you are arguing for or why you are so defensive, you are entitled to your feelings but these are the facts.

And I do personally care about the player base, Not caring doesn’t somehow armour yourself from this discourse, I care about user retention and longevity of the game, it is why I don’t shy away from criticism of its failures.

1 Like

Connectivity issues related to the preparation for releasing the game on Epic Store. Things not always go smoothly.

As for what my point is: The world is not ending and it won’t end even if CE ceases to exist one day. Now on the other hand if we run out of toilet paper we know the doomsday is near.

2 Likes

I think we must all get it for free on Epic the 02 july. Then after we have the choice to stay on steam or move to epic.

True, I have an account at Epic Store for the DevKit anyway. There is no reason to pass on a free copy of CE.

I’d imagine the drop in players is largely from official server shenanigans. Private servers haven’t seen much of a downtick. The server I play on has seen 50-100% increase over the last two weeks.

And then you’ve got the population that is simply playing other stuff while the hotfix stuff is up. It will level out once all the fixes are done and we return to where we were before the last big patch.

Course the people who left because of the thrall nerfs are not coming back. No offense, but we’re better off without them. Catering to a playerbase that doesn’t even play the game doesn’t make for a challenging nor fun game at the end of the day.

1 Like

Update June 27, 2020
Added an FYI on the Year 1 and Year 2 DLC Bundles for Steam users.

I don’t know were you did get this numbers. When I look at the numbers of steamcharts I would say it is a loss of around 15% (not 50% as you stated). And the number of the active player are rising again.
So it looks like that the hotfixes are showing effect.

Update June 28, 2020
Updated the main post with the tweet regarding crossplay.

It will be especially significant if Epic doesn’t get access to Steam Workshop mods for Conan

The game was removed from the Free games list on Epic Games Store earlier today. The game and DLCs are still planned “coming soon” on the store.
An official statement may be given later today.

Update July 2, 2020

Linked the thread on modding support and details for the Epic Games Store for people playing with mods.

Edit: Included the official statement.

1 Like

You can download mods from Steam Workshop without Steam, Google it :wink:

Actually it was taken down yesterday at some point. I expect Epic and Funcom to catch hell for it since both were teasing it and haven’t given an explanation for their actions. They are already being bashed on Reddit.

It is a nice move from them, free advertising! And it will not be free …

1 Like

Absolute unprofessional.

I hyped some friends the last days with it, just to read their “decision” a few minutes ago.

3 Likes

Bait and Switch. Signed up to Epic solely based on promised free CE. CE removed…

1 Like

This is very disappointing. I am not sure what went into such a last second decision to pull the game from a free offering, but it seems that decision could have been made much earlier.

It will be interesting what the game news media will say about this since some of them already ran articles saying this was happening.

1 Like

I was looking forward to setting up some VM multiboxing. Guess not.

Baited to sign up on epic games, now they will sell all the new email addresses. Prepare for email spam!

1 Like

Maybe this is for the best. People who truly wish to play the game will buy it at a discount. People who consider the game not worth 16€ let alone 45€, shouldn’t be so disappointed.

2 Likes

while I had my reservations and criticism of this move, to withdraw it is kind of crazy, I have as many have, been telling their friends “hey you will be able to join me on conan on thursday, it will be free”.

Now people are upset with conan before even playing it lol, that is a new one.

4 Likes

I’m fascinated that you canceled it, I was waiting for it, you could just do it differently, hand out the game the usual version and sell DLС (you would have more people in the game and + if people liked it, they would buy DLС)