Conan exiles never to be fixed

Conan Exile is dying because funcom prefer adding useless new content in the game instead of fixing the core of the game…

The asset in the game are too heavy, they needed to be cut down from day 1 of early access, and this has never been worked on.

Spear is the bane of this game since it’s so overpowerly broken and make ti the only viable weapon usable in pvp.

Archery still plain suck, the cost of explosive arrow is so high for the little damage it deal. Plus using normal arrow is out of the question because aiming at a moving target with a bow is impossible unless you’re a sitting duck waiting to be killed. That is even with 50+ accuracy. It’s pointless. Also, accuracy not adding damage to poison + explosive… What’s the use of accuracy again? Oh right, nothing.

AI: Pet explode and die when they have no platform to “teleport to” if you climb on something. Thrall and Pet regen way too slowy. Unable to use healing pot on them is also a bad thing. They are also dumb, since they will barely ever hit you. You need like 10 of them to get hit by one of them… You can also kite them with bleed… lol… Throwing axe thrall, have you ever seen a shredder, that throw serrated blade away? welp, that’s about their only use.

Dagger: Dagger has the lowest quality of all weapon and yet is the weapon that get it durability down the quickest because it hit multiple time per attack. I already posted about that age ago and still no change has been made. Also, dagger were suppose to be quick, yet they are slower then heavy atk from spear. Also, they are a 2handed weapon but they don’t have hyper armor… also counting that they have the worst ever range of attack possible… ( welp on par with mace)… So since everyone use spear, it’s impossible to use dagger.

Dual weild with the throwing axe… Since they don’t have the hyper armor, they are useless as well now.

Shield… Shield only work 25% of the time, if someone roll behind you and you follow up with the shield, their hit will still hit you anyway, no matter what you try. You also get locked in animation because they stagged you and take forever to get back in control of your character.

Armor: I made a post couple day ago about how armor should be only look and armor value and stat should be determined by a tatoo/upgrade you put on them, since people always use the same armor which make it completely pointless to have 100 suit of armor if the stat they give are not usable ( survival, accuracy etc)

DLC weapon : They should be "tatoo/upgrade/ you place on the same kind of weapon of any tier to give them the apparence of that weapon. Funcom said the DLC would have the SAME stat as their normal version, which obviously is not the same because they are actually weaker.

MOD Support: The mod community have been asking for a auto-downloader from the start of early access, and that has never been delivered at all… What made Ark succesfull is one of these step, thta you guys refuse.

Dodge roll: There’s so much rubberbanding and desync issue with the roll it’s near impossible to pvp correctly. People in light armor can actually out"roll" a person that is sprinting in a direction… I’d love to see this IRL. Also, the animation cancel allow you to glitch the roll and allow you to attack twice(with spear) while the other player will see you rolling.

Purge: Broken mess that still spawn IN foundation or INSIDE your base or ON TOP of it etc…

The Pen is just way too big…

And there’s still so much more that need to be fixed… Like a way to make ti so player can’t run at 20% health to run and heal off easily because it’s impossible to chase after someone ( unless obviously, you carry a 5000 arrow that weight a ton).

The main thing is fixing the balance of the combat, it was fine a while ago, but since so many nerf happened ( none to the spear obviously cuz it’s funcom holy grail), welp, the game has been dying slowy but steadily.

4 Likes

That’s a fair analysis of the state of things.

Well since everyone is posting their gripes on this thread, I guess I’ll add my two silvers worth.

PvP - PS4 -Official Servers has become increasingly unplayable for the reasons below:

• Blue Screen / Frame Freezing

My husband and I both run the game on PS4. I have the newer terabyte PS4, and my husband has the original PS4. Both began to experience blue screen errors after the release of the first DLC. Instances of blue screen errors were once isolated around bases which housed T4 Yog shrines. This has since increased to all areas of the map where any player has a T4 shrine within load range. All players on these servers experience these blue screen events. All have been within load range of player bases with T4 shrines.

• Lost Corpes

The majority of lost bodies happen after fall death. However, several players on our server have experienced “invisible” corpes after dying in water, hillsides, Near trees and near rocks. These bodies tend to be untargetable, unretrevable leading to loss of all contents in “loot bag”

• High Ping

This is a more recent issue since the release of Savage Frontier DLC. Multiple servers are experiencing huge amounts of Ping once population reach 10 or more. (Averages at 600 at peak times) This renders the server unplayable. Doors will not open. Players fall through player made structures and elevators, rubber banding and loss of inventory but players remain “encumbered” as if items are there. The items remain unselectable. This happens both in player inventory as well as box / vault inventory. Death or destruction of the “container” does not force recover the items. Instead, items are dumped into a “loot bag” but remain “ghosted” and unmanipulatable leading to loss of all items by decay.

• Rocknose pet decay timer in pens /w food

Pretty self explanatory. Currently, on several official servers (including mine #9593) Rocknose pets are unusable. They retain their original decay timer since “ juvenilhood” into Adult stage even if they’re in a pen with rocks. Rocknoses currently die within a few hours after becoming adults.

• Canceling Dung Production Renders Pens Useless

Again, self explanatory. If you cancel dung as its being crafted in a pen, the Pen will “bug” and become useless. It will no longer recognize tame pets, nor will animals eat from food inventory. The only “fix” is to destroy the pen and remake.

Myself and others are forced to stop playing all together at the moment because of these things. I truly hope Funcom fixes these issues because as many have said before me, I love the game. I just can’t play the game.

5 Likes

The “static world” that you are describing is part of a system we call the AI LOD (Level of Detail) system . Which turns down the amount of CPU resources an actor (Placeable, building or NPC) receives based on their proximity to a player.

While this makes complete sense in terms of server performance and optimization, you realize that it’s left the thrall and pet feeding system virtually inactive, right? There is no “catchup” mechanic for them (or if there is, it’s completely broken) and it’s been well over a week since the update 34 has hit all of the platforms. Yet, I invite you to visit virtually any PvE or PvE-C official server and behold the legion of abandoned, airborne thralls that continue to be floating around. If your systems actually worked, they would have been long dead. Yet, immortal they remain.

1 Like

I want to be a part of the gripe bandwagon too! Where’s the next Testlive update! :rage: :heart:

1 Like

Are you saying that your base is being attacked in a PvE server by players? Can you let me know what your event log displayed?

We are aware of this issue and looking into it. It seems an issue cilent side however, not server side (not that that matters but I just wanted to mention it :))

We are trying to do both because not everyone considers new content useless. I do understand where your frustration is coming from though and we are trying to focus on improvements on core mechanics as a whole going forward.

We are aware.

There is an update to archery that we plan to release by the end of this month.

We are addressing this. One idea is to make sure they don’t insta die from falling damage and take a certain amount of % of damage instead. General improvement on AI is also in our plans a bit further down the line :slight_smile:

While this is certainly not a bad idea it would ask for a completely new system for armor. Which is not something that will happen anytime soon, if we would consider it.

We have an auto-downloader in the works that should be ready for release very soon.

If I am not mistaken our tech team is looking into this.

We are aware. We’ve partially addressed the issue but it’s a more complex problem unfortunately. We keep trying to work on this as I totally understand it’s incredibly frustrating.

This is the same as I mentioned above. We are currently looking into this problem for all platforms.

This is an issue with all pets. We are fixing the decay timer so they won’t decay despite having food.

5 Likes

Again, it would be nice to share of list of know bugs and things you are working on. You were working on it 2 weeks ago. That will be some list…

There is no need for the little sting right there in your reply :wink:

It’s not just about posting the list per se. It’s about evaluating the best software/tool. The fact that I would like to have a voting system to go with these list(s). There needs to be a process in place to make sure we don’t have to do double work and there has to be a proper decision on what kind of bugs we are adding to the lists. There needs to be a sanity check that we don’t have redundancies and there needs to a be process on how we update and handle these lists.

Also, unfortunately my day only has 24 hours, I wish it had more but I try to do the best I can with the hours we have :slight_smile:

7 Likes

I like the voting idea but why holding off publishing your list? It would actually save you time not having to respond ‘we are aware’, ‘we are working on it’…

So you don’t have this? Makes me wonder what list your devs are working on… Also makes me wonder what your basing on when you say ‘we are aware’ and ‘we are working on it’…

1 Like

I am talking about the lists and tools we would use to share a public overview. Not the lists we use to track the issues internally. To make sure we don’t have too much double work with the internal lists. We do not want or can share the internal tracking since there are additional dev info, qa feedback and a ton of other things that are not relevant for players nor does any other company share those directly.

I explained above why we can’t just post that public list. By “list” I mean a separate public list, for which we will use a different easier to handle tool. Not our internal tracking. Sorry if that wasn’t clear from my previous post.

2 Likes

You had a list before and you stopped maintaining it.

If your day does not have enough hours in it to do your job you should talk to your hierarchy.

There are 120 people working at Funcom, Funcom was founded in 1993, released 29 games since and yet you are wondering what tool you could use to publish and maintain a public bug list? Seriously?

A little late and I am a whole other person.

Soon after purge was made a thing (last months of EA) it became obvious how people who want to grief others would kill other players thralls just for the fun of it. I think it was to fix that, that thralls were switched to immortal outside of raid hours and while they are immortal, they arent allowed to attack players.
(This happened a few weeks prior to full launch I think?)
However when they are mortal, they are supposed to be killing and killed by players. But they arent.
Players can kill them just fine with them thralls sitting there with a big smile and sometimes not doing anything. People can just climb their way around those thralls instead of attacking them, to lower the risk of getting attacked by them.
Instead during raid hours roughly 1/3 of them reacts to players if there is no lag on the server or even none at all when it’s rather laggy.
This has been like that since that change with damage on player owned thralls has taken place.

I guess most people just gave up on using thralls/pets for base defense.
Having an “unraidable” base can deal with attackers way better.
(You know, high up, whole base inside small god bubble, no entry aside of a single elevator which gets taken away on logout/attack.)

Performance is a nasty thing. For some the game runs perfectly well, for others it’s just hell.
The same applied during EA, even the early days.

1 Like

Good to know you’re working on it. And GG for your patience with everyone tascha, you’re doing a nice job with your communication, something others from your team haven’t been able to do so far IMO.
But keep in mind that if your thrall/ pet has lost 3/4 of his HP due to 2 bad téléports he reaches the danger zone where you won’t be willing to bring him to hostile areas, making him close to useless.

So if you plan on making a % base damage for their wrong téléportations please set it to low percentages like 10% or 20% not more.

See ya

3 Likes

really? thought you were NO LIMIT :wink: !!!

Yep i cannot find this list anymore, and i agree with skinny it would spare you some time replying to everyone and make things much clearer for the players.

Skinny , we both know it’s not that easy…

I am currently evaluating tools/software to have a public list for you guys again including a possible voting system to vote lower priority bugs up the chain. Evaluation is always a bit of a time consuming process because I am waiting for answers on specific tools so I can verify they do what we want them to do.

We simply cannot and do not want to share our internal bug tracking directly (not a single company does that). So this would be (a( separate, dedicated list(s) for the community.

3 Likes

We host a big pve server and often we have the problem that players fall through foundations and can’t open anything anymore.Only a restart fix this problem. I had talked to some other admins from active servers and they have exactly the same problem. Is this problem already being addressed?

Hey Roro, I’m not following you on this, in any decently ran company it should not be an issue to report that. If you work in a dictatorial ran company were you would be afraid of loosing your job, that is another story, I can only assume that that is not the case here.

Sure, but reporting something and a solution manifesting are two rather different things indeed.

Do you have any suggestions as to a tool she could use for this?

To clarify, we are currently evaluating and testing different tools/software to use for the issue and suggestion lists we want to share with you guys. That ranges from complete support systems to much easier and smaller alternatives. That means it takes a bit of time to figure out which is the best cost effective solution as well as discussing processes or what else we need in place to ensure proper updates and maintenance of the system we choose. For example, right now I am waiting for direct replies from the creators on two systems I would like to use but the answers are make or break and important for our decision.

This has nothing to do with the process we have in place for reporting and tracking bugs internally, other than we have to find a way to be efficient in one system and translate it into the other and make sure nothing falls through the cracks.

The 24 hours in a day was also more figure of speech. I appreciate you guys being concerned about my work days however :wink:

Yes, we are aware and are looking into this with high priority atm.

3 Likes