Conan Exiles shuts down my other programs as it launches

Game mode: Online private
Type of issue: Bug / Misc]
Server type: Any
Region: Any

When I launch Conan Exiles, it hesitates to start and then shuts down all my programs, icue, sharex, logitech g hub, ai suite 3 (For Asus motherboards), wallpaper engine (No other steam game closes this), SteelSeries engine. It is really frustrating as it means I got to restart my PC to get all these back up and running and that isnt something I wish to do each time I play the game as I want to be able to exit and do my own thing instantly or leave it running and look at like my icue software… But I cannot.

Please provide a step-by-step process of how the bug can be reproduced. The more details you provide us with the easier it will be for us to find and fix the bug:

1. I open Conan Exiles
  2. It closes all of those programs
  3. ^
  4. ^
1 Like

I have found the issue.

It is BattlEye, it shuts down programs if you have Nvidias Low Latency Mode enabled.

This is from BattlEyes site.

When starting my game with BattlEye enabled, random legitimate applications on my system are being terminated.

Recently several Windows 10 users have started experiencing this issue without a change on our side. After investigating we have concluded that it is caused by NVIDIA’s new “(Ultra-)Low Latency Mode”. Until NVIDIA provides a fix please disable this feature by opening your NVIDIA Control Panel, selecting “Manage 3D settings” -> “Global Settings” -> “Low Latency Mode” and changing this setting to “Off”. Click “Apply” and potentially also reboot your system.

Now you can go to programs and manually select Conansandbox to disable low latency when running and keep it enabled for other stuff. It is a W10/BattlEye/Nvidia issue. Can only hope one thing will solve it soon, but it would be good to have this in the FAQ or Common issues for now… As I am not the only one who has had this issue.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.