Developer Stream: Thursday, August 22, 2019 - Update 37 content reveal

, ,

:pleading_face::pray:t3::pleading_face::pray:t3::pleading_face::pray:t3:

Thats true, but hard to achieve. Welcome to the forums btw.

I’m still patiently waiting on some of those new building pieces mentioned a way back…* cough * double doors. * cough * I also still maintain the belief that proper columns would be nice - picture it: footprint would be roughly the same size as a foundation square but they’d be about 3 levels high.

You could make some really cool stuff with those.

1 Like

It’s begun - we’re live!
See the first post on where to find us:

1 Like

Table of contents:

Quick note: What was announced on stream is what’s coming in the patch. On stream, they announced the biggest changes just so you have an idea of what’s coming. - @Ignasi

• New weapons and weapon types;
    image image single-handed shortsword. not re-used material. you will less hit your friends. The Blood and Sand DLC will have variants of this weapon.
    image two-handed greataxes. you will hit everything around you on the heavy attack.
  • image Battle standards: tall placeable flag with two flags on the front - creates a PVP-zone. You can make them in various sizes and shapes.
    – Currently, the air around the zone shakes like it’s in the desert, but this will become a clear grid which shows you what the area is the PVP zone.
    – It can only be placed on land claimed by you.
    – It will be deployed on PVE and PVE-C servers first for feedback and might eventually be deployed on PVP servers.
    – When you choose “No” you can still walk around as a spectator inside the zone.
    – There was also originally a beam which would show where the zone would be, but this was removed as to not be confused with the religion beacons (god bubbles).
    – You will not lose your inventory when you die.
    – This is for players. not for buildings. They can not be damaged in these zones (in PVE servers)
  • Animation changes for weapons to dialing down the role identity in gameplay.
    – Basic longsword. 3rd combo step was a vertical slash (which would often miss targets), which made it confusing on how to use it. Now it is more horizontal (diagonal).
    – Two-handed greatsword.
    – Pikes.
    There’s more details, but Multigun should cover these.
  • image Weapon oils - , top tear weapon buffing. Once the buff wears off, your weapon will quickly break.
    – Oil of …
    – Oil of Bounty
    – Oil of Concussion
    – Oil of Penetration
  • Weapon kits (‘mod kits’): Increase one stat, another stat goes down
  • Next week’s stream: DLC reveal. Blood and Sand is not Dune themed.

Catch the full stream summary by Multigun here.

3 Likes

I missed parts of this. Can you duel wield 2 shortswords?

you should be able to - maybe, they didn’t show it off.

I would not think so since every weapon already has a predesignated hand. They would have to make a LH and a RH weapon for u to wield one of each

As it is now, this short sword and 2h axe will be new wall decorations, dont get me wrong, its good to see FC adding new weapon types, but their animations is kinda meh, they need work for sure.

Edit 1: In other hand, by the way, as a sword user, I loved the change on the 3d light attack, that vertical attack was horrible and replacing with this new one is golden, kudos for Alex, thats what Im talking about tweaking weapons, keep them comming.

Edit 2: Watching again the part on showing the new moves, shortening the distance on 1st heavy attack of the 1h sword is not a good idea because that attack was a gap closer, I know you extended the second attack, but if one uses dualwield like myself, I won’t take advantage on that, on the contrary, this is a nerf for dual wielders, please reconsider this change. And when @Jens_Erik spammed the light attack chain, it didnt appear to be the same speed as live, it seemed slower, even the Greatsword light chain seemed faster than the 1h sword, please take a loot into it.

These additions are nice, but what’s with a Thrall Overhaul, what’s with new settings for players and private servers, what with AI Improvements? Aren’t these improvements important at all or do you consider to cancel such changings. There was no word about in the stream although many people asked about.
I am now a server owner since more than one year, I am supporting this game since the beginning of EA with money, ideas, modsupporting, community support …! At least it would be fair to tell the community if these really important overhauls (and you also announced a siege and PvP overhaul last year) are on the line or at least worked on. Please Funcom!

4 Likes

Sorry, I also missed when they are going to be implemented. Is there a date yet?

1 Like

Hey i’ll settle for any DLC so long as this time it’s included in the two year season pass, not like the conan one that we had to buy as an extra supposedly because of contractual rights or some thing.

Hmm, battlestandards for PvE. Good, maybe we’ll see more of the community asking for weapon balance/reworks now…

3 Likes

Everything is DLC content right?

Nope, patch content so far.

1 Like

They didn’t talk about the DLC contents, that will be for next week !

the entire stream was for the upcoming free balancing patch (with a few new features). in general, all the content patches are free and the dlcs are mostly cosmetic for the people who would like to support the game.

3 Likes

Early September and onwards.

Edited my reply if you didn’t see Ignasis’ discord message.

1 Like

Catch the full stream summary by Multigun here: