Conan' s atlantean sword and royal armor set

I’m all for allowing people to purchase these things in a sort of promotional DLC thing, maybe even a limited time alongside a major update in order to drive hype to the game. Its been five years, and I’ve very much enjoyed and worn out the exclusive nature. So that doesn’t bother me.

What would bother me is someone sitting there leaving their game open 24/7 for a few months getting something I actually spent money on. Cause that is what a time-played reward pretty much equates to. If they want to make a new thing for something that silly, sure, maybe. But not the Atlantean Sword and
Royal Armor.

1 Like

twitch yes, i give you that. But How is the timing of buying a game earned? If it is, then buying itnlater is earned.

So you now see yourself as a savior. Explains the entitlement in posts.

So you are better than new players? That is how that reads.

So if you were a EA or preorder player, you dont support the game?

damn this topic is lost in translation…

One person
says he dont have fun in game anymore…
2 posts later
claims he always has fun
3 posts later blames others that dont understand what hes saying because using translator bot… :smiley:

U basically say u have headaches and no fun anymore to play game IF u dont get that conan sword this is what your translator explains, @Jimbo just cant understand that translator text, because ok i dont have top tier or even medium english knowledge but damn u really say opposites in 3 posts… @SilvarMorganRosalia

also answer to u , sure i am not 100% about this, but i play on 6422 server i have 2 friendly players there that have royal armor earned, + 1 or 3 also who has sword, they basically one day went to my base and bringed enchanted armor and - 2 of them did not had it ON PC before, so i think if u have it on PS u can get it on PC too…

You know you can quote more than one thing per reply, right?

1 Like

nope. i had it in ps and dont on pc. Different accounts.

Yeah but I wanted the extra post count.

Come on! Pretending not to understand! Let’s turn this discussion around. This is the last time I’m answering you, I don’t have time to waste with you.

Not really, i read it as not 8000 hours of non stop fun. To twist it into not ever having fun is an exageration.

1 Like

But isn’t what the early access rewards are? I mean you don’t even have to be loyal fanboy…just were at the right place at the right time and bingo…you got yourself a unique trophy just for buying the game like everyone else does.

1 Like

I think you’re projecting, but ultimately no. I explained why in the same post you quoted so I’m gonna assume you’re just trying to cherrypick a gotcha moment

You stated why you feel it’s justified and still maintain the stance of thumbing your nose at participation trophies…sorry disagree there. Early access rewards are literally participation trophies based on time and nothing else since your could get it at normal game price…right place, right time, and it’s not earned. It’s hypocritical to look down on participation trophies and defend early access rewards.

1 Like

As opposed to biggcane55’s participation trophy being based on not being there early?

This about sums up the terrible idea of an exclusive “other” reward.

At least in early access we submitted bug reports, we tested things, and we helped funcom shape the game to what it is today.

What did little Jimmy who just bought the game yesterday do? Has he had an impact on the community? What’s he done for his trophy? Right place, right time?

OK so you put in the work…and the how many others that decided to buy a new Ark-like game? So its fair that those that put in the work to help the game grow (and I do feel that this is worthy of something like the sword and armor) get the same reward as some dufus that happened to stroll into Gamestop and picked up a new Conan game that the staff said is like Ark and never did anything else? If it is to be based on service then we have a forum full of metrics that can provide goals to be helpful. This is merit based rewards what we got was hey thanks for showing up…here is a goody bag to entice you to stay.

1 Like

Oh so you just don’t understand how early acces works. That makes sense, I’m just gonna start ignoring your trolling attempts

Because bug reporting stopped after go live? What about testlive? Thought that was a way to bug report as well. Last i checked thisbforun has a bug reporting section, as well as zendesk. But i must be making that up:/

While on a personal level this one would like to see a dlc pack for them at some point (day-one upgrade so to speak, not at all uncommon), they are far from necessary.
At the end of the day, vanity item is for looks only. Far more than the Watcher furniture with it’s divergence from typical material costs and presence of furniture types that are simple not available otherwise.

This one understands the desire for exclusivity.
When something has no real value, it can find perceived value through artificial scarcity. Thus a few pixels become a method of separating people into haves and have nots. And who wants their status as an elite to be diluted by letting others into the club?

This one will share a historical anecdote.
Many years ago, England defeated Spain in a major naval engagement. The Queen of England, Elizabeth 1, elevated those who contributed to the conflict into the aristocracy. However, there was little that could be done about gifting them with lands to match. So the cunning (but still not universally loved) Queen came up with one of the early fiat currency models.
At an event, she distributed sticks she had carved to her favourites in court. At the end of the festivities, she informed her subjects that taxes for the coming year would have to be paid using those sticks (or those who held the sticks would be exempt from the boosted taxes to cover the war, this one reads conflicting accounts).
What one might in a more modern time call a flex.
Now, these sticks had no inherent value. They are kindling and pre industrial England had significantly more woodland. However, because they were altered to be rare, and then assigned a purpose by an authority, they became very very costly. Destabilizing in many ways. Coveted.
Perhaps some wanted them for the pretty carvings their Queen put on them… But most scrambled for them due to their new financial value. At the end of the day, it shifted social alliances and had quite a bit of impact.

How does this relate?
We want a carved Atlantean stick. Even without a tax season. Possibly more people desire it for it’s actual appearance (this one certainly likes the look of the Armour), but how much of the meta discussion around it is the exclusivity standard?

1 Like

I don’t support one-time exclusives, at all, ever, for any reason, for any game. One-time exclusives prey upon people’s fear of missing out, which is a predatory tactic, and only serves to create elitists who think other people don’t deserve what they have just because they weren’t there at the right moment of history.

I would support limited-time rewards that are occasionally offered again during other limited-time events. In my opinion, rewards that are hard to get are acceptable, rewards that are impossible to get after a specific date are not.

I won the Atlantean Sword from a testlive event, not from buying a Day One Edition of the game. This already removes it from being a one-time exclusive, so there is no point pretending it still is. I support it being offered again through DLC or special events.

I also have all of the Twitch drops and Wartorn Rhino skin, and I believe they should be offered again.

4 Likes