Concerned about losing things to decay

Ok, here is my dilemma.

At some point a patch will be issued to address players inability to login to PVE-C servers.

presumably at that point, decay timers will be reactivated.

If this happens, the only way that I will know, is if I check these forums.

For a variety of reasons, I may not be able to visit the forum in a timely fashion, and as a result may lose things to decay.

@Community What would you suggest a player in a situation like this do?

Thanks.

2 Likes

We suggest keeping an eye out on the various channels we typically use to announce updates. We put out update announcements on several online channels, including:

Facebook
Twitter
Instagram (Would probably be over Stories, not a feed post)
Forums (here)
/r/ConanExiles
Unofficial Discord Server

And you can also set up notifications for specific categories (like you can always be notified if a new post pops up in the Patch Notes category) or even be set up to get emailed if someone replies to you or @s you.

1 Like

Thanks Andy.

Maybe Funcom can extend the affected platforms with an additional 2 weeks of decay, giving enough time for players to refresh…just saying.

Thanks for the response Andy.

could you tell me what I would need to mark in this forum to get notified by email when that announcement/update takes place?

1 Like

Hmm, I could have sworn you’d get email notifications if you set a category to “Watched”

But we’re testing that now and I’m not certain now? You definitely at least get a notification on the forum when a post is made under a category you’re Watching though. Give this a shot first.

This is a little more involved but you could also try adding the Patch Notes category as an .rss feed by entering the following URL to track:

https://forums.funcom.com/c/conan-exiles/exiles-playstation/playstation-patchnotes/123.rss

Which is just the category url with “.rss” added to the end. You can do this with any category.

You can also manage your Email Notifications through your user preferences:

Then Emails

I think just Watching a category should be enough, but I’ll have to look into it more.

Edit: I realized I linked the wrong category in the first image, updated

Update: According to Discourse devs, if you have “Send me an email when someone quotes me, replies to my post…” set to “always” or “only when away” then you should receive an email when a topic or category you’re Watching gets a post.

“Only When away” will treat you as “away” if you haven’t been actively having the Forums open for at least 10 minutes.

The email may not arrive instantly with the topic, but it should arrive not too long after the post. I got an email for a post approximately 10 minutes after it was made.

(It’s also worth mentioning that changing that setting also means you’d get emails for pretty much any forum notification, so please bear that in mind. Might end up getting more than you expect in your inbox)

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.