Conq stuttering, other classes smooth

For some reason when I do Kuthchemes on my conq I get constant stutters. Sometimes it feels like a Powerpoint presentation, thus making my tanking capability null in extreme situations.

The game runs flawlessly in Kuth on my barb, necro and DT, but there’s something about conq in Kuth that is broken, and I’ve heard the same thing from other people. I have tried disabling all particles, damage numbers, NPC nametags, nothing.

EDIT: here’s a video I recorded yesterday comparing conq and dt: Kuthchemes conq vs dt stutters - YouTube

I just tested DMC in group with a demo, and I got stutters there too every time mobs started dying. We have a theory that it must have to do with Furious Inspiration stacks refreshing with teammates making killing blows. So, in Kuthchemes, where a lot of mobs die very fast, it leads to even screen freezes. So, afterall, the class itself is broken, not Kuthchemes.

Let me guess, you get stuttering when you use hofs?

I can stand still doing nothing and I still get them. Like I said, I tried with all particles off, nametags off, and damage numbers off.

I have the same issue, but using hofs makes it so much worse to the point of being unplayable.

Noticed that conq specific problem a while back already. Could ease it a bit by disabling damage numbers and lowering particles DENSITY via text command to 50%. You still see enough world effects stuff with it. I never got the standing still thing though it was always related to activities.

What’s the command for the density? I swear to god I prefer this over having to swap settings cuz kuth keeps spamming me particle notifs

While Kuthchemes (and other places with lots of aoe needed) is actually one of the few places HOFS is good I’d still say just get that thingy away from your hotbar :sweat_smile:

I’ve updated the OP with a video I recorded yesterday, although it doesn’t show the worst stuttering I experience on conq, because it gets worse than that.

EDIT: I just tested DMC in group with a demo, and I got stutters there too every time mobs started dying. We have a theory that it must have to do with Furious Inspiration stacks refreshing with teammates making killing blows. So, in Kuthchemes, where a lot of mobs die very fast, it leads to even screen freezes. So, afterall, the class itself is broken, not Kuthchemes.

It has nothing to do with conq combos. It looks like it’s about Furious Inspiration stacks increasing/refreshing when group gets kills. Watch the video and you can see I use hofs and no stutters, I try to get fatality by spamming Slam and constant stuttering. It’s not about combos. And it’s not just Kuth. It’s the class as a whole. I got the same problem at DMC in group with a demo pulling all mobs.

never happened to me on crom, so would rather say its a client bug/issue.

I bring this up because I managed to make my game run the smoothest ever on DX10, when I had to play on DX9 before, by enabling Hardware-Accelerated GPU Scheduling in Windows diplay-graphic settings. I never had this much high fps and no stutters at all, on all classes but conq.

Had these exact stutters in minigames on Crom with my bs after kutchemes was released. Thought it was related to ferocity. So weird, cause I was not having the issues in kutch itself, but only minis. But it was definately related to the kutch patch, cause never had those stutters before that.

I reinstalled and it was fixed.

Also heard people talk about deleting some shader cache files in the root folder, but then it’ll make your game load textures the first period after deleting them causing another set of lags for some time…

1 Like

I am experiencing the exact same issue in Kutchy, but on my HoX. Massive freezes in just the game. I quickly tested the client freeze feory after the thifth threeze by alt tabbing and checking websites. Seems I had some time between freezes to rean an email! DX10 only.

Vouga helped me fix DX10 for me. I deleted shaders, even though it was a fresh installation from a month or two before, tried Windows Game mode off. The only thing that fixed DX10 for me, and even made the game run the smoothest ever, was enabling HAGS in Windows graphic settings.

But then when I play conq, and only this class, I get microstutters or even freezes when a lot of mobs on screen and they start getting killed by team members. Like I wrote already, we have tested as many things as we could, and the only remaining probable cause of it is FI stacks refreshing with group kills, because in the video you can see it coincides perfectly. I got the same issue in group with a demo pulling all mobs at DMC in Kheshatta, so it’s not about Kuth afterall, it’s conq bug.

Interesting, the HAGS setting does seem to help AoC for me too. I actually noticed a large difference in OS even, where playing my demo with wof + ferocity + devouring flames was definitely not smooth before, seems to be a whole lot better now. I’m not playing my conq anymore though so can’t comment on that :stuck_out_tongue:

Supposedly it can cause issues in some games but I haven’t seen any issues so far so I’ll keep it on for now.

I can confirm this problem happening with the Conq, not only in Kuth, but also when u pull a ton of mobs, and kill them.

It happens when the furious inspiration stack refreshes.

Disabling the UI with ALT+Z fixes the problem for me, so, it is clearly an issue with the UI code.

Also, when I disable the UI, my fps boosts from 200fps to 250fps. How did you code the UI to take a 25% of the computing power (a bash script or what) ? This is absolutelly not acceptable.

I run the game at 1440p, with a 3090, 32GB RAM, a 5.1 GHz cpu and a 970 Pro M2 SSD. I use the default UI, and DX10. Also computer is new, and I have reinstalled game, redownloaded textures, cleared shader cache, … and still the problem persists.

If I go Kuth with another class, like the ToS, I have no issues, and everything runs smooth.

1 Like

I went to Vanaheim last night to farm some vanir in the Greathall of Heimdall. I was pulling a lot of mobs, between 20 and 30, and, as they started dying, I got stutters. It’s a shame that this class is so broken to the point it makes Kuth unplayable. I tried the hide-UI trick but it doesn’t seem to do anything for me at least with StrangeUI.