Console Question

I have a question about consoles and extended periods of play. I play CE on Xbox One and played Assassin’s Creed Odyssey on PS4. I have a lot of free time so I play games for hours in one sitting. After a while, on both games, the world around me would start to downgrade in graphic quality. My console overheats in these scenarios, leading to drop in quality. I’d normally have to exit game and reload it. For anyone that plays on consoles for extended periods of time, for other games, does your game start to drop in quality?

I play on am xbox 1 and do see the drop in quality on occasion. It dosen’t happen as often since I started using an external SSD, but it does still happens once in a while. To be honest, out of all the games I play I notice the drop in quality when playing Conan the most. That’s probably because i love to build and fill my buildings with lots of placables.

1 Like

I only played FF14 for hours on my PS4. I never noticed a drop in quality even when I could hear the Fans in the PS4 getting crazy. Other games I rarely play more than two hours in one sitting.

1 Like

I play on an Xbox 1 x, I get some lag/performance drop, but usually when I’m around a big base with lots of placeables or animals. I get a bit of lag at my base, but mostly because I go a bit overboard on deco. Textures can be weird too if you are in a place with a lot of carpets and banners.

1 Like

In general, the memory fills up, so restarting game will clear it out.

Once inside get to certain point thou… your just gonna freeze and lag in general. (you can cook egg on top of console at that point…lol)

I tend turn my ps4 (consoles in geenral) off at 5-6 hour mark, for 25mins. (enough cool down) head right back in.

Its often same games that do it, CE will ussally blue screen for me at 3-4 hour mark. I tend log out real quick and back in.
MHW gets fan pretty load quickly, but I can put 7-9hours in. XD

Fo76 will crash/bluescreen in 3-4 hours in.

Diablo 3… I played 12 hours one day… (having way to much fun) And ai Crashed, they’d attack once and then stop moving… I ran so many greater rifts that day, lol.

1 Like

Well at least I’ve never run into blue screens. lol. I get crashes though.

I use to have problems on my Xbox one x but since I bought a seagate external drive my game runs fine I do get occasional lag but nothing major

1 Like

Does this work with Xbox One too?

Yes you can get a seagate external drive for your Xbox One it connects to your USB port

1 Like

You can buy a seagate external drive at a GameStop or Bestbuy

1 Like

I have to tell you one other thing my friend was playing on his Xbox one while I played on my Xbox one x and he experienced crashing and bad lag to the point that he quit playing this game this game runs hard on the Xbox one and it’s better on the Xbox one x even through I did crash and did experience lag so that’s why I got the external drive so it wouldn’t push the Xbox one x so hard and my game runs good now … even though I’m letting you know that you can connect an external drive on an Xbox one I don’t know how the game will run since I’m using an Xbox one x and not an Xbox one

1 Like

I’m using the X box one S with the Seagate SSD and I’ve seen all of the same improvements you saw with the X.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.