Console version needs serious optimization

Game mode: Single-player
Type of issue: Performance
Server type: n/a
Region: n/a
Hardware: ps4 og

Bug Description:

Very frequent frame rate drops due to texture loading and sound in both EL and Siptah, doesn’t seem to matter whether i’m in my base, out in the wilds or rummaging through vaults, the frequent drops always happen at some point.

it’s gotten so bad that it effects combat, using menus etc.

i’ve tried

• restarting the console
  • rebuilding the ps4 database
  • made sure there is plenty of space on the console hard-drive
  • turning off the sandstorm/maelstrom
  • disabling purge
  • switching to performance mode in the in-game video settings
  • turning off the music
  • using less foundations and flame-effect lighting in bases.

nothing seems to work.

Steps to Reproduce:

Please provide a step-by-step process of how the bug can be reproduced. Please be as detailed as possible; the more details, the easier it will be for us to find and fix the bug:

1. play the console version of the game.
6 Likes

It’s the cache mechanism that makes it suck. The garbage collector is too aggressive. I was expecting a fix, but something made it worse because it freezes up now.

P.S. It appears Funcom has moved on to the PS5.

1 Like

A lot of things happened globally and the ps5 delayed. I won’t start with the truth of this game which is “it is a pc game”. Playstation 4 is an old machine, the game moves forward, but still they are kind to make everything they can so we will enjoy the game even in old consoles, Xbox and Playstation 4. When the Siptah update started Playstation consoles stayed behind for a lot of months, we got desperated, we believed that “this is it, no more Conan on Playstation”. Hopefully now the updates are almost in the same date for all the consoles, so all the gamers are enjoying the games new updates, still on ps4 it goes bad because the machine cannot handle it anymore. Other than that we have old machines over used all these years, physically their performance is lower too.
I hope you my dear friend soon to have a ps5 console and enjoy your favorite game again as you used to. But please do not complain about the performance we have on ps4, maybe they’ll decide not to include this console on their updates and trust me this is worst.

2 Likes

It needs cleaning… Again. I had blue screens etc… But when I clean it it started working properly again. I really hope this is the last time I clean it before the ps5 arrives. The only good thing with ps4 (except the thousands gaming hours all these years) is that all it ever needed was this cleaning, nothing else. The controllers however are not like they use to. On other Playstation models I was keeping the controllers for years, on ps4 every damn year I have to replace them, one button will not function anymore. I tried non Sony controllers and it was worst, more or less 3 months.

2 Likes

I can’t really comment on CE performance on PS4 because I’ve only ever played it on PS5, but even on PS5 it’s not perfect. I’m sure it’s a lot better than on last gen machines, but you can still tell it’s a PC game ported to console. I’m not saying this to complain, it is the way it is - some games are PC first and then ported for consoles, others are vice versa and there’s not much we can do about it. I wish FC would make a native Conan app for PS5, but I guess there’s not enough people playing on it to justify the time and effort needed. I still hope for some console optimization in the future though.

Ps5 is night and day compared to ps4. Almost no lag other than maybe having a big fight 10v10 with thralls obviously

2 Likes

What @Boobie said is correct, I believe when ps4 (still me) goes out of the plan the game will be perfect again… After the hot fix ofcurce :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:, but you are new, you can’t understand me now, sorry.

Agree with the posters above. The game has evolved beyond the PS4 and you are just going to need a higher caliber console. When I switched to the PS5, it was a completely different game.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.