Convergence trap exploits

Game mode: [Enter game mode here: (Online private)]
Type of issue: [Enter one of the following: Misc]
Server type: [Enter one of the following: PvP]
Region: [North America]

I am pretty sure the idea behind these traps is that you set it down and defend it from attack while it collects rare items, but on the online private server that I play on this is being used in a way not intended. We do have the less placement restrictions mod running on it, so I’m sure this is a factor, but even so it seems odd that players can set the trap up on the top of the structures near the large tower at the centre of the map with 90%+ of it’s base over hanging the edges in mid air, completely immune from attack by the creatures that spawn to attack it. I am sure you can imagine how this could be a problem for server economy, as the clan that does it mostly sells what they collect to other clans, as they get SO much from it (2-person clan) that they cannot realistically use everything for themselves…

Please provide a step-by-step process of how the bug can be reproduced. The more details you provide us with the easier it will be for us to find and fix the bug:

1. run less placement restriction mod (not sure this is necessary, but it seems logical)
  2. place convergence trap on top of one of the structures surrounding the inner crater at the Siptah tower… it’s edges will vastly overhang but can still be placed
  3. laugh at the creatures that spawn impotently
  4. collect the loot, completely free of risk

Not an exploit when you voluntarily run a mod that allows you to place stuff where you are not supposed to and essentially is designed for the sole purpose of removing placement restrictions which are imposed by the base game. Most, if not all of the structures around the tower are “no building area” in the base game. If you have issues with this, you should discuss with your admin and make the necessary adjustments.

In addition, LBPR has plenty of settings that allow you to customize what is allowed and what not. Here is a guide for the features:

4 Likes

Players can exploit things when they use mods that allow you to exploit things. News at 11:00.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.