Corrupted Wolf. Or WTH WAS THAT THING

It was in the movie also. In the later trilogy, when Gandalf is so powerful, it always made me wonder why the best he could do was light pine cones on fire and toss them at the Wargs.

1 Like

Probably because it was based on the books, and The Hobbit (book) was a very different book to The Lord of the Rings. Gandalf of The Hobbit was much closer to actually being ā€œsome conjurer of cheap tricksā€, the thing he makes sure Bilbo understands he isnā€™t in the Fellowship of the Ring. Heh.

Yes, to no-oneā€™s great surprise Iā€™m a total LOTR geek, too!

Hahaha yeah that white wolf idiot is the reason i packed up my stuff and build a new base away from the north :slight_smile:

Truly annoying thing, and seems to always pop up at my most inconvenient time kicking my a**

So save yourself many days of collecting stuff in peace and get the f*ck out of there :slight_smile:

I know. Iā€™m picking flowers and then the hound of hades comes slaughtering me

1 Like

Another hilarious moment with that beast.

It was PVP time. I saw 3 newer players running towards me. And Iā€™m like. Damn. This is gonna suck. Then they ran right by me. Behind them was that dog.

So now all 4 of us are running in the same direction away from this monster.

Then I climbed the :deciduous_tree:.

2 Likes

Yeah he is really annoying, and i dont want to risk my Bandit Leader, not at least now when they are going to make them ā€œun-thallbleā€ so i packed my stuff and moved away. :slight_smile:

Well armored bandit leaders work well against them. But they get knocked down a lot

Yeah iam sure the bandit leader wont die, but iam pretty carefull so i wont risk it :slight_smile:

Iā€™m even more cautious with my last remaining Captains

1 Like

Hm yeah i have thought about getting a few more of them while there is still time, Maybe best to stack up a few just in case.

I hade one leader who bugged out and fell into lava (i wasent even close to the lava) stood on a rock just a good bit above it, and when i turned around to walk back i got the message ā€œbandit leader died followingā€¦ā€ so

Well thatā€™s annoying.

I saw a captain in Sepermeru way after the patch that introduced the bandit leader, but I did not try to knock him overā€¦
I have Multigunā€™s mod that enhances the chances of T4s spawning, so it may be that the captain now has a really low chance to spawnā€¦
EDIT: It is due to a mod, so no captain on official servers, sorry :disappointed_relieved:

Aw. At least he lives on in Multiā€™s mod.

1 Like

Multigunā€™s mod just multiplies the standard chance by 10-20, IIRC, he does not add NPCs specificially. At least that is my information from some time ago.

Well. I have my main base fairly close to Sep. Okay so the biggest clan on the server is ā€œin the wayā€ and may take most of what spawns, but still. I do go up there quite often, looking for armorers or other miscellaneous thralls I donā€™t yet have.

I have not once seen a Captain since the patch that removed them. But granted, thatā€™s just one data point so I guess itā€™s possible that they exist just with a very low chance indeed. I donā€™t remember what the patch notes said on thatā€¦ perhaps nothing?

When coming in from the North, there are two streets, one leads to the Set-shrine, the other leads to the tavern. I believe it was the street leading to the tavern.There is a cook standing at a basic stove, a few meters further down the road there are two guards standing at a tree on the right. The one further away was the captain. I have a screenshot or two at home.
But it would be better for @Multigun to chime in and clarify whether or not the captain appeared due to chance or because Multi added him back in again.

Yeah I know the area quite well, Iā€™ve trolled through there a lot. Iā€™ll probably default to suspecting Multiā€™s mod unless he pops in to say it isnā€™t, based on no-one else having heard of or seen the Captain since then, but anythingā€™s possible.

Itā€™s caused I added him back in on my mods. He doesnā€™t spawn anywhere in Sepemeru currently (I know because I manually looked at all the spawns. Which isnā€™t easy to do for the record!)

1 Like

Aaaah, OK. Early on you told me that your mod just enhances the chance and does nothing moreā€¦
(And no, I am not looking daily at the modpages :wink:)

Changes from version to version. But adding in unused Thralls has been something Iā€™ve done for a long time actually. It used to be a really long list before all the holes got plugged up and Thralls added in, so now itā€™s just here and there.