Corrupted Wolves, adjust please!

As much as I love fighting tough enemies in this game, the corrupted wolf feels out of place.

It attacks just as fast making fast nibbles and lunges as a regular wolf and is only slightly bigger but it hits way too hard for its tier (e.g. hits harder than Red Dragon), and unlike the corrupted Hyena, tiger etc., you can’t out-gear this thing.

With Epic Flawless Armor (armor almost 900), Grit 30, Health 30 and agility 30 you can only take 3 to 4 hits, and unlike world bosses, since it behaves like a normal wolf, it eats you in seconds, and often you can’t defend against it if it knocks you down. Also the wolf itself has a quite a lot of health, so it’s certainly no glass cannon.

So if the idea of reducing it’s power is not something that is acceptable, I would appreciate if you adjust it to be larger in size, like the size of a horse, but a bit slower. At least then it would feel more proper when it snacks on my T4 Bearers for breakfast.

Thank you for reading!

5 Likes

I agree with increasing the size. I’ve only fought one corrupted wolf since they were introduced. I was armed with a Cimmerian Axe and shield to fight regular wolves. Unfortunately, I didn’t realize what it was until battle ensued.

1 Like

I admire everyone who can solo them.

1 Like

It certainly feels like a 3-skull monster - except that I can solo most of those without a thrall, but the Corrupted wolf eats me for breakfast.

2 Likes

It’s one of the harder ones, but not impossible. Don’t try to brute force kill it, I killed one last night with whirlwind blades (Any dagger or havoc and malice would work) and just attacking a few heavy attack on him, dodging, rinse and repeat. The bleed from heavy attacks eventually gets him as you kite and dodge around

Or you do what you did first in the exiled lands: Flee, climb on a rock and cover it with arrows until it looks like a porcupine :wink:

5 Likes

Hmmm, after all our ancestors were monkeys, so holding up the tradition.

2 Likes

I agree. Against those kind of monster bleeding them to death while dodging their attacks is the best solution. Venom infused daggers are nice too because they cause poison and bleed effects.

2 Likes

I understand corrupted sabertooth… they are abnormal.

But wolfs? They just stand stupid around most of the time… even corrupted ones.

Maybe OP means the sabertooths?

Nope. Corrupted wolves are (or at least can be) real murderers. I’ve killed a couple with the aid of a thrall, and tried (unsuccessfully) to solo one a couple of times. Now I just avoid them.

2 Likes

Just to be sure, corrupted are not the same as the white ones. And dodging means Medium Armor? I am sure, i can do it with 10% win rate.:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Oh … no …

The corrupted ones, they are rabbid ! Hyper agressive. Spaming attacks. you are constantly under attacks with these monsters. And they’ll kill you in less than 5 hits no matter how much armor or health you have. 3 hits is more likely since most people don’t run around in heavy armor with 50 in vitality.

I’m seattled neer New Asgard, and i’m never leaving my base whitout a T4 Fighter BECAUSE of these walking nightmares.

1 Like

I appreciate these corrupted creatures. It gives us more dangers even in high level gameplay and it is a real threat also for Thralls, which normally will clean New Asagaard in your name while you are standing in Relax Pose next to them.
So please don’t nerf them. Also don’t make them bigger. I like the horror that they cause when I recognize their true nature.

2 Likes

I agree, i don’t want corrupted wolves to get nerfed.

I think having creatures we actually fear in the wilde is a good thing for the overall experience. We need walking nightmares in a Conan game.

3 Likes

Thanks for all the feedback!

@Amerixe

Oh no, I always hide behind my shield and take quick jabs at it. The problem is that wolf attack pattern has these tiny bites that land and start faster than you can react, so I have to heal/hide behind my shield between every tiny bite. So yes, technically I can beat them if the game does not glitch (some times attacks go through block), but it takes forever, and only if I can fight them only 1 at a time.

@Muelee

That’s an ice wolf, a run of the mill “tough wolf”, nothing special. Corrupted wolf is this evil starving looking bastard.

1 Like

I think that the game needs enemies like this personally.

5 Likes

We are talking about the 1skull thing or?

I think the problem you all have with them, is their sunder effect, which renders your armor into nothing the more stacks you have.

I only encounter the 1skull wolves in the area around the frost temple obelisk, when I farm starmetal… But the sabertooth is insane. Wolf not… Are they different in New Asgarath?

Yes, i know. The corrupted wolf. Totally op. (I thought in my first picture was one, and i was lucky because he fought two sabertooths, which he killed. Now i am not sure, looks like a normal White One Skull Wolf idk).
The Corrupted Wolf and the White Sabertooth are the most dangerous beasts in the game. Maybe there is that superpoisonous locust, also op.

The problem with this topic is that you immediately go to nerf…

How about start at, “What’s been good ways to deal with Corrupted Wolves…”?

You assume you have tried everything possible and that the only way to balance out your game experience is to dumb down what is difficult to you…

This paradigm needs to change.

You need to be more willing to adapt rather than expecting the environment to adapt to you.

6 Likes

Yes, 1 skull wolves.

I wouldn’ say “problem”. As i’m glad they are what they are.

Though, the thing is, they are so much more agressive than pretty much anything else.
Yes there’s the sunder. But there’s the knock down, there are fast attacks you don’t have time to avoid/block, there’s the leap-attack. And they chain attacks with not any delay between.

If you plane on letting a T4 fighter deal with it alone, that thrall better have more than 4k HP. Otherwise, that thrall’s dead. If you plane on doing so with a T3 fighter, that T3 fighter is most likely dead. They are only a few NPCs able to do that. And all others are 3 skulls bosses.

I’m just pointing out how beastly the corrupted wolves are. I wouldn’t venture alone where there are corrupted wolves (and corrupted sabertooth) to be found.

And again, i’m glad there are such monters to be feared, making me worried to venture outside of my base alone. It’s a great thing in my opinion.

1 Like