Could not connect to server Authentication Failed

Never saw this message before, but I am now unable to log into any official server.

I validated local game files with Steam. Still no success.

Advice would be appreciated.

Not always, but I’ve been told by a few people that admin enabled uninstall and re-install of battleye helps in these situations. Doesn’t always work though.

I’ve been getting something similar lately, where first it will say “Failed to connect to server” and then give to the authentication failed message if I try to connect again after that. The weird thing is it only seems to happen during the day; it I want to hop into the game for a bit before I leave for work in the afternoon then I can’t get on, but if I’ve just gotten home around midnight then it’s smooth sailing.

I could see that being a server traffic issue if it weren’t my private server that nobody else uses.

If it is an private server, you can disable battleye as a prerequisite on the server and try to connect without an active battleye on the client. Maybe it helps. If not, at least you know it isn’t a battleye issue.

Hey @Mostly_Charmless

Were you finally able to log in over the weekend?

Got a similar issues and it’s not battleeye related.

I have had this problem myself. I have corrected it by logging out completely, going into task manager (ctrl+alt+del) and closing down steam - or I have clicked on the ^ icon on the system tray and closed it down from there. Once I re-launch it all seems ok. Have had to do that a few times which made me think it is a steam thing. As I say this has helped me and I hope it might help others :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.