Crashes Delete, Dupe, and Alter Game Data

Game mode: [Offline |Multiplayer ]
Problem: [Every time a crash occurs]
Region: [United States, CA]

[Hello, I’m here again to report more bugs I have been experiencing while playing offline on my boyfriend’s server. Our server is now broken to the point that anytime the game crashes or the game closes incorrectly the game deletes and alters our game data.

The severity of the data lost or altered has been steadily becoming more severe each crash. Every time we close the app even correctly we risk altering the game data. It stated out erasing the last few minutes of our in game activities. But has been increasing in time to 30 minutes as of now. The game will reverse any items we crafted including the resources used to craft it. Any animals or thralls that were being crafted have a chance to be altered in appearance. Even thralls that have been crafted a while ago still have a chance of being altered in appearance.

Even weapons and armor that had been crafted days ago have a chance of being deleted. Any legendary items have a chance of being altered to a completely different items. Even a chest we had crafted months ago had completely vanished including all of our rare items contained inside.

Yesterday was the last straw I had to say something after it happened. The game didn’t crash at all yesterday. We did close and reopen the game properly but when we did my boyfriend’s avatar’s appearance had been completely randomized. We are both level 60 playing on normal XP settings and he hadn’t edited his avatar’s appearance sense we started the server months ago. It even reset our journeys.

I don’t know what is going on. But it seems like our serve is completely broken. I don’t want to restart a new server and erase all of our hard work. But at this point, the game is impossible to play.

Steps on how to reproduce issue:

1. Improperly close the game after playing the game for at least 30 minutes.
    2.Continue doing this over the course of a few weeks to months until strange errors start to occur.
    3.Once you start to notice the game data being altered stop closing the game incorrectly and close it normally.
    4.You will notice that each time the game is being closed or crashes it risks altering and deleting ANY game data.
1 Like

You should report this to Zendesk the address is in the forum Introductory page. Have never seen a characters features change in the game before. Work bench thralls have changed appearances of and on. @Community any input

Once/When you close a game out (any that use auto save feature instead of manual), This incurs. Not totally CE thing.

RDO, FO76, Souls Games, ESO, CoD’s all can have this issue.

HOWEVER, Many of them have back ups of your saves (online ones)

CE from what I found (much like Souls games) You wont always know your SoL till it tries to save over corrupt save file and crashes. (Had this issue before)

• Power went out, When I got power back and went to play it would crash 1-2mins into gameplay (pretty much auto save being unable to save) Had load back up)

• 2nd time… closed game out quickly… habit of souls, when trying to revert a bad end. lol
    Hopping back on, found myself 30feet back, with my horse ahead of me. Several of items I used gone, but I was alive.
    Not good idea to do…

I’ve had this happen, but mostly year + ago. When they were changing and updating thralls. I also have thralls from year one days, and its mostly newer thralls that I catch magiclly having turban when they didnt before)

Now, On Ps4, when i used same PSN for 2 saves. I was getting weird issues with my character.
Once I switch to 2 ps4 accounts. (one doesnt have psn, ) I stop encountering that issue .

@KoolKassia
Question
Are you playing Co-op? You said server… but you know, people use words in different ways. So wanted to make clear how your playing.

In most cases of save file issue (from improper close) you’ll need load backups before issue, or delete and restart save.
Before that, a Clean install can be tried.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.