Crashing the server on login

I am having the EXACT same problem described in this closed post. And it’s MY server! But EVERY TIME I log in I crash the server! I use serverblend and have 2 test servers with them as well. I can get into those fine. I can get into single player with no mods just fine. What the actual frak is happening here Funcom???

That’s a thread from two years ago. I don’t believe it’s the same issue just based on the two years it’s been with no one else encountering it.

To clarify; is the specific server that’s crashing using mods? Start with that.

I realize the thread is old but I’m actually experiencing the exact same thing, hence the reference. May be an old bug that has returned with 3.0.

That thread had a modlist and an actual server provider issue that the devs worked out with the hosting company in the post that’s marked as a solution. So the “exact same thing” seems like a very very vague fit as @Jimbo pointed out. Unless you’re using the exact same mods and the exact same server hosting company (which you are not since you already said so).

Soooo would be nice to get some more specific details as I don’t think anyone is able to help you based on this alone. You could start by listing what’s actually happening. Based on your link to that thread I am guessing that your issue is the following:

• You have several players joining your server, however your server crashes every single time that one specific player joins however it does not crash when anyone else joins?

Also as you’ve seen in that other threads the server owners tried to eliminate other - more likely possibilities first, such as the database having some corrupt data etc. (which could be a likely cause in this case), and they also provided a log

" * You have several players joining your server, however your server crashes every single time that one specific player joins however it does not crash when anyone else joins?"

Correct. I also have a ticket in with serverblend so I am exploring things from all angles but the similarity of my experience with what was described in that old thread, which also took place after a major update, is striking. IF I arrive at a solution I will post that here as well.

1 Like

Have you dropped any mods after the update perhaps? Maybe you had some mods that weren’t updated or were old to begin with and you decided to carry on without them after the update?
I’m thinking maybe the player has something in their inventory that was modded and the server can’t handle it? Or other similar corrupt data left behind

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.