CtA: General Bugs

That’s an old one. They cant really find the core issue though.
It happens randomly and most often on login. Relogging may or may not help.

1 Like

Server: Combat_TestLive_EU1_PvP
Chategory: BUG
Description:
1.- i stucked in front/down of greater shaleback
2.- NPC falls to river and dont can leave alone. npc bugged. niara the cimeria i think.
3.- unlimited stamina bug dont be fixed.
4.- resurrecting, my body was stucked into sandstone ceiling why my bed was near to wall.

Server: Combat_Testlive_US3_PvE
Server: Single/Player (too)
Category: Bug
Description: At the Black Galleon, the Armorer that works at the table with the blacksmith and smelter spawns… well the armorer is using the blacksmith animation of pounding at the table, and there is a sound that plays like the armorer is hitting metal, but there is no hammer in the armorer’s hand. All one can see is a fist swinging down at the table. Its kind of immersion breaking and minor in terms of gameplay, but still, its a bug.

Server US3 PVE

The whole server bugged and I lost all my things, I died in the water without being in it. I could not recover my body because everything was bugged, I lost my fragment, I lost the bench, I lost the event, I’m really furious with all this !!!

Combat_Testlive_US3_PVE

Building bug

Much strangeness with my base today. I have no clue what any of it means so I’ll just relay what happened. When I first logged in today the entire base was sandstone and I had had no issues whatsoever previously. In anticipation of a purge I upgraded much of the perimeter foundations and outer walls to T3. Needed more hardened bricks so I left some cooking and went to the Unnamed City.

When I returned everything was fine and just as I’d left it. As I had killed a red dragon while in the city I needed a place to mount the head so created a new outside wall and placed the head on it. At this point I went back to the Unnamed City for a while. When I returned this time several building pieces had rearranged themselves in the base. This screenshot doesn’t show all of them that moved but gives a good angle on most of them. You can see the holes left in the wall to the right and the doorway is gone though the door itself is still standing there in mid air, and worked btw, and the errant walls and doorframe have moved themselves anywhere from one to three squares to the left.

The “holes” left in the wall were not actually holes and it wasn’t possible to enter or exit through them though the walls in their new places were solid and gave the option to dismantle though I didn’t want to try that just yet. In an attempt to fix this I ran out of render range and came back to no avail. Then ported across the map via map room and came back which did nothing either. Completely exiting the game and logging back in likewise did not fix it.

At this point I disassembled the new wall and repeated all the above. This time re-logging returned the wall sections to their proper place however I now had the floating bug over every single T3 foundation that I had upgraded earlier. Repeated all the above steps, running out of render range, porting/returning and re-logging, to no avail. Still floating. In desperation more than anything else I tried exiting and relogging once more and this time it worked. Everything back to normal, no floating.

That’s where I’m at now and it’s bedtime. I’ll see what happens tomorrow and maybe recreate that wall for the dragon head and see if things go haywire again.

2 Likes

Last bug report for the event!

Windows 10
PVE - EU3 (Does this in single player as well)

Issue: When upgrading wall you cannot see the text ‘outer wall’ - it automatically snaps - in the wrong direction.

I was placing black ice walls yesterday and they all snapped, no matter which way I put it, in the wrong direction - had to tear down a wall to see that the text was auto facing incorrectly and then rotate it…

… which leads to the second bug - already mentioned

Cannot rotate walls with Steam controller.
My character goes into an auto crouch mode, and wall piece disappears, after hitting rotate button.
While in crouch, on single player, I could place items - not on testlive - still cant.

• I had to literally plug and unplug my controller to get it to rotate, then once I figured out the keyboard shortcut used both keyboard and controller to rotate.

note: As a side note, had a hard time placing a bench back on top of an black ice floor, had to pick it up as I could not get piece to snap originally, upon placing it again - though the floor was cleared, it would not let me place it in its original position.

• Snapping, it would be nice to have some type of snapping mechanism when rotating for alignment with wall, etc.

That’s it! Been a great run - first time playing CE on multiplayer online! Met some cool people there and here in the forums! Best to you all with the contest! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Before you finalize and are to put your name in there is no screen for it so you take a wild guess as to what you wrote.

2 Likes

I believe its part of the ‘known issue’ of the camera zooming past character - same happened with me, so it just used my Steam name. :slight_smile:

1 Like

As a workaround to this if you click the Edit button when at that final screen you can then type in whatever name you want. You won’t be able to see it and will be typing blind but it’s the only option until it’s fixed.

2 Likes

To everybody with the Character Creation zoom, are you running multiple monitors? I can duplicate this every time if I move my game to my secondary monitor prior to entering character creation. If I keep the game on the monitor on which it launched I can enter character creation and change everything as normal. Once successfully in character creation, you can move the game to the secondary screen.

ETA: this was intended to solve the “character zooms off the screen and won’t return.” Now that this behavior is different, my verbiage above is simply historic.

Single monitor laptop

1 Like

I do use multiple monitors (three, in fact) but the game runs on the main (center) monitor always. I had this problem (the zoom error).

Dead Rhino Corpse Flying Away

Also another long standing issue that isn’t quite severe, but has also been in the game a long while. After killing rhinos, the body gets shot into the sky and while in most cases it doesn’t fall far, sometimes it’s impossible to locate it.

3 Likes

Severe graphical bug

EU3 Testlive PvP / Windows 10

Returning to my base the whole base changed. It seems some building tiles or better parts of my building were offset laterally and upwards. I was able to tear off these tiles. Leaving and rejoining the server solved the issue.

Bug2

Again after leaving the area and coming back, parts of my base were offset. Its a returning bug. Asking the people on the server they are all experiancing this bug.
Leaving the area again and coming back didnt solve the issue. Again I had to leave the server.20190227183426_1

If this is one of the bugs which is delaying the live version then you are absolutely right to do this. This must be solved before you release the new live version. If not the community will …:rage:

5 Likes

Character Creation zoom bug happened to me. Single monitor. I was in a window, rather than full screen. I know a lot of games have issues with windows not behaving the same as full screen mode.

2 Likes

Single monitor to.
Not sure if it’s especially by female char creation, or if the same bug happens also for males. Others may tell you.

I’m unable to zoom to face, and finalising, cam goes trough avatar, i don’t see where write name. Like described by several players.

2 Likes

Character creation zoom issue happened to me, too.

Single 4k monitor and max graphics.

Sorry I only had a workaround for two screens. Thank y’all, I’ve tested it with one monitor.

Follow-up: I haven’t created a character since Friday, and now this is a bit different. Irrespective of monitors, now my character simply disappears during Head Options, and needs to be toggled by clicking Race. My post earlier was a workaround for character who zooms off the screen and would not return.

Stuck Within Enemy

As title says, I am not exactly sure what causes this, but I often get stuck/glued to the enemy I am fighting, thus rolling will just drain my stamina while I am unable to get away from them, and get killed.

2 Likes

INVISIBLE CORPSE

Test-Live Server US1
No Mods
Using Xbox Controller

One of the guards at SPINEBREAKER’S FLANK disappeared after being killed, but a careful search of the area revealed the hidden corpse.

2 Likes