Curruption in the Newb Oasis (river)

I found this guy on my path when I moved to speak with the NPC that explains the bracelet and green wall to new players.

Not what I want to see wearing burlap and carrying stone weapons. Is this a glitch? Or is it truly possible to be attacked by a corrupted critter while carrying on a conversation with this friendly man?

1 Like

It’s been like that since they introduced elites. My guess is they just gave a random chance to all spawns indiscriminately.

Hey @Shadoza, we’ll bring this up with the developers to determine if it’s intentional that elites appear in the initial area’s spawns.

Even after this patch is live, there is a chance anyone can run those mobs to the area. I realize that is probably not the case at this moment. Survival is real! egads! :stuck_out_tongue:

I would say, yes. Regularly fighting blue eyed crocs and godzillas at noob river. They spawn even more often there cos the Exiles keep killing them.

I have always enjoyed seeing them on the river. Odds are high, since there are so many turtles that populate the area.

3 Likes

Thank you for responding.
Hoping it is not intentional as having one of those creature attack while conversing with the NPC, doesn’t seem like a good thing.

Sometimes the best course of action is to run…

1 Like

Brave, brave Sir Robin!

The creature attacked while I was chatting. I had to abandon the conversation and remove myself from the area. It attacked without provocation. I understand avoiding over-charged creatures is a good thing, but…I also believe that having a corrupted or aggressive beast near a story NPC shouldn’t happen.

That was always a safe spot before good thing to know now. Thanks

Yes, I reroll often and have visited this NPC each time without encountering hostiles.
I, too, believed it was safe to chat.

There are some shalebacks near there. I think every time a creature spawns, there is a chance for it to be corrupted. So anywhere you are, if you see a creature spawns there, at some point the corrupted version will spawn at that location (if that creature type has a corruption version).