[Dark Templer] Sidar's DT Guide

They are just experiments nothing else and they seem more usefull then a Dread Shadow since they offer much more. That was my point.

I only ever run this one.

General Desecration.
11f61a8461c7861ae861b4c61cd86205c1117411430114901243412494126f0120481162411238116e811fe8119a8128e4118de124fc120ad1129c
If i don’t and the DPS dealers get killed or other tanks and i can’t pull the aggro off them, then i will be the one to be blamed. Wish they tried the same.

But i haven’t decided on Depravity Tree Build. Seems the only thing i really need from Depravity, is CoI feated. 1 point to get 400 extra Protection. Everything else is a waste for me.
I’ll get that with T4 Set and that’s it. Done.

How much more survivability if your mitigation is already at 59%?
And with T4 set and CoI, it can’t get better.
So why rely on a Dread Shadow?

Wrack effects? We have Resolve for that.
Pulling, we have Goad/ Irritate, Forced Engage that works during Tartatous Vapours, just have a second tank in the distance he will engage and pull once you are stunned and so on.

Charon? If you have the protection just pull and stay ranged with Hexes and aggro switch once he casts the fire circle. Done many raids like that and the fight was very effective as well.

Much more practical.
But i can respect the traditionalism of most people who where around since launch. DT was an underdog with just Dread and there weren’t any T6 geared DPS dealers you have to pull aggro from them.
Times have changed though…

Can we please keep this thread clean, it is supposed to be a guide. Advice and well reasoned builds are very welcome, more so rotations, as well as discussions, but this is not the place for experimental stuff or personal storytelling. @Mz2020, I see you have a lot of fun learning your class, but from what I read you still lack experience and practice. Finetuning a class does not happen in T1 or T3 any more. I enjoy following your journy and will happily discuss your questionable thoughts in vc. Especially T3 raid mechanics seem to have been explained to you by someone who is not entirely familiar with the encouters.This thread though is not the place for trying to invent a perfectly rolling wheel.
Just stepping in befor this escalates.

3 Likes

Agreed. It’s good if it remains just a guide. Besides i already decided long ago on the setups that offer me excelent performance depending on tools and rota, after some throrough testing that suit my dynamic type of combat, just needed some gear and will tweak more in the future. Way of using them and how to combine them with equipment and perks does the trick.

https://cutt.ly/lhloNaa My heavy tank mode i run to manage Unchained Mode if i am the only tank.
https://cutt.ly/3hlpwVm My general spec and encounters i can manage with it. Most of them.
https://cutt.ly/RhlpeVW The super troll PvP spec. Doesn’t work if lazy.
https://cutt.ly/NhlpyrS That’s a pure anti-caster PvP spec. Not ideal for minigames but great for open world.

In the end, what works for someone doesn’t work for everyone.

I don’t believe in Talisman - Depravity Tree. Shadow Hexes alone, without Unholy Empowerment or Blooded Weapons don’t offer much. If shield, then magical boss is better tanked with Ibis/ Waning Boundary, full Spell Penetration/ Magic DMG and Crit. At least in T3.
If Tali, CoI on and Chromatic.
Dread Shadow just makes me slack and don’t do dmg, because i still have aggro if i do, so staying in the fight and absorbing the dmg by yourself, well raid leaders benefit more from it, especially in T3 where they wipe because DPS is not efficient.

Warped Dread - Hex Marked Soul - Cunning Deflection and CoI do wonders if used correctly and Improved Infusion seems to help a raid in the long term plus Martyrdom Instacast with SoC, especially during aggro switch ‘‘Heal them up, generate hate/ deflect - absorb, build more hate - keep the aggro for as long as possible - wait for them to switch aggro when necessary’’

• Combo rotation, with the exception of PvP, is usually ASfoF - LL - BfA4 - BfA3 - LL & MB when necessary depending on Shields. UB before Dooming Pressence, since they get combined really well because of Shields, if using Desecration General Spec. Best is to quickly proc VoM first before doing it though.
    Even Slam or White hits work for that and it’s also always good to have full Sadism Stacks since that makes everything very powerfull considering the fact x10 stacks can hit a Guild City Chicken with over 600 Unholy dmg, by just passing by it. I tried it on another Chicken and it was 622. Not sure how high it can get though.
    ‘‘Sounds like the chicken could benefit from Depravity tree alot’’

You say:
Bels’ joy makes even a weapon like the Blue Iron Hammer outperform most raid weapons besides t4
This is only for the DT or would it also work for a conq?

No because it’s spell penetration