Darksun - Hard Mode PVE-C. Age of Calamitous. No screen shake. Further camera zoom. RP friendly. Immersive mods. Snow storms NO LAG

EDIT–> New server adjustments. Server paid for 1 year, no need to worry about it going offline. New more powerful hosting. No screen shake Mod, Increased Camera range. Most important, no lag in these most lag filled times on official servers.

NOW SUPPORTING THE AGE OF CALAMITOUS.

Conan Exiles is a game where you are banished to the exiled lands. A land that does not love men. A land that sells itself as a hard place to survive, filled with dangerous enemies at every turn. Even Conan himself tells you it might have been better to leave you on the cross.

The reality is, the game is very easy. Only weeks after you start there are sprawling castles to the sky that liter the beautiful landscape everywhere you turn. The players have hordes of treasure and want for nothing in life. “There comes a time when the jewels cease to sparkle, When gold loses its luster, and when the throne room becomes a prison”. This is the fate of the poor players of Conan Exiles. They have nothing to do but destroy one another, or on pve/pve-c servers they just build and build until the server because so laggy people quit.

This is why I present you the Darksun server. I am an older gamer and I grew up in a time when games were hard. They were designed to be challenging and keep people on their toes. Today’s games are designed so everyone is a winner and everyone gets a trophy for playing. Not here. This server is based on the extremely difficult Dungeons and Dragons Darksun campaign. You will spend more time surviving here than anything else. Every other server I have seen makes things easier, faster experience, more gathering, etc. Darksun does the opposite of what you now know as the norm for Conan. I may tweak the server to be more difficult based on player feedback but below are the basics.

Can you survive here? Can you thrive here?

Finding servers on the server list can be buggy for Conan and sometimes what you are searching for wont show up. Here is the direct link from steam, after you use it once it should show on your list in game. The server is modded so use the direct join link when the game is closed. It will open and update all the mods. Check the auto update box on the bottom left, then it will close and reopen again.

JOIN HERE -----> steam://connect/216.245.193.188:27015
The server is located in Dallas to be central for everyone.
(if the direct connect link her doesn’t work, join discord and use the link in the chat)

these are game rules only. I am the only admin and I will never intervene unless you box a location or box in someones base. The only rule I have as an admin, is do what you can to survive in any way you want.
DARKSUN (game rules and explanation)

1. NPC’s take half damage - Monsters here should be feared. Breaking a camp needs a little though or a group to survive.
  2. NPC’s do 50% more damage - Same reason as rule 1.
  3. Purge will happen more often - Here the land will try to reclaim itself from you. It is not easy to survive.
  4. Player experience increased from 1.0 to 1.5 - This mod uses the age of calamitous with 120 level cap. Also monsters spawn 50% slower when you clear a camp.
  5. Gather rates decreased by 80% - Buildings should be hard to build and take a lot of time. This keeps the land wild with no monstrous structures all over. Hunting monsters is the more efficient way to gather materials.
  6. Resource nodes spawn rate decreased by 90% - Same as rule 5.
  7. PVP is allowed but player buildings can NOT be destroyed by players - PVP is always fun, but baby sitting your base while you are at work is not. It is too easy to destroy people’s bases in Conan PvP. If you really wanted to on a pvp server its not hard to do so. Also on a PvP server people use thralls to fight for them. Here your thrall will not help you in PvP. Only the players fight. WIll you fight for the scarce resources or form an alliance?
  8. The server has several Immersion mods.
  9. Sandstorms can now occur at new locations and across more area. Snow Storms will also occur in the north.
  10. Your thralls do 60% less damage - We all know how to get a thrall and let them kill all the bosses for us while we stand there and watch. On Darksun your thrall may die.
  11. You can have up to 4 followers with you. - Better thrall control to bring help, because your going to need it.

(Currently the server slot is set at 20. I will be increasing it to 40+ as people join. I already have seen great interest in this type of server, probably because there are no other servers that make things more difficult.)

Any questions, message me on discord.
https://discord.gg/Skgze2w

1 Like

Doing well, going to have to add more slots sooner than i thought.

The purge may kill you here.

Be careful entering NPC camps or bring a friend. You might not make it back out.

Server is brand new, with no wipes. All are welcome.

Bump

To all those people suffering from lag issues. There is no leg year official servers are not running well

Bump

Sitting at about eight or nine full-time players. If we can push that max of 20. I will increase the overall limit. Come join us on the true survival server. There are others out there but the experience is cheapened by easy settings.

Server needs a restart getting mod mismatch for Dudes Delightful Decorations

Also need to update discord link…

Got it, the discord link is now set to never expire. Thanks for the heads up.

Bump